Cherry Picker Hire

Does anyone on here have any experience hiring out cherrypickers thinking of one as an investment have storage and someone to transport it and contacts as we'll think its a goer but looking for pointers , just one of these hairbrained ideas that come to me kind of ties in with what I'm doing now

I been operating cherry pickers for about 25 years started on the small stuff but been on the class2 lorry mounted up to 72meters for the past 10 year,lot of site work so ccs card needed along with operators ipaaf certificate which is renewable every 5 years,you have to have all emergency recovery and lowering procedures in place as well,be fully conversant with load bearing and regs on set up procedures 6 monthly Lola cert for the kit,courses for correct use of harness with certification for those,first aid cert,Public liability insurance,you will certainly need a good engineer to keep the kit up and running as breakdowns are common just couple things off top of my head,complete ball ache for a one man band type of work if you ask me competition with these big companies is fierce and cut throat always a middle man trying to make a few quid on top of an already expensive hire fee

• Like 2

I been operating cherry pickers for about 25 years started on the small stuff but been on the class2 lorry mounted up to 72meters for the past 10 year,lot of site work so ccs card needed along with operators ipaaf certificate which is renewable every 5 years,you have to have all emergency recovery and lowering procedures in place as well,be fully conversant with load bearing and regs on set up procedures 6 monthly Lola cert for the kit,courses for correct use of harness with certification for those,first aid cert,Public liability insurance,you will certainly need a good engineer to keep the kit up and running as breakdowns are common just couple things off top of my head,complete ball ache for a one man band type of work if you ask me competition with these big companies is fierce and cut throat always a middle man trying to make a few quid on top of an already expensive hire fee

About 230 feet on a cherry picker now that needs some proper balls. Rob proper scary height.

• Like 1

About 230 feet on a cherry picker now that needs some proper balls. Rob proper scary height.

used a 88 meter on the severn bridge few times with the wind and movement of the bridge itself bit of an arse tweaker at times,heights never bothered me but iv noticed as iv got older its starting to :laugh:

• Like 2

Pm'd mate before I read the thread..

I think there's room for smaller hire companies if you get your price right..

Depends what type of machine your buying and hiring, we hire self drive machines every week.. Z45's mainly (45ft boom height)..

This works for 90% of the the works we carry out ( steel erecting)

Also hire a lot of scissor lifts for the wall cladding works..

Used to use a couple of pickers that were mounted on the back of land rovers years ago, they were shit and slow and drove me nuts lol..

I'd say you'd get around £250-£300 a week for a Z45 plus a bit of delivery fee,

If you can chick in training etc and get a 3 or 4 machines out and running you'd turn over a few quid I reckon.

I've looked at buying myself but it's another headache for us with up keep, loler etc... Plus transporting.. So we keep hiring for now..

Good luck..

• Like 1