The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

I’ll put my name in the hat as a member of an initial committee, good at the nitty-gritty stuff and keeping things on track such as making sure there is a structure and a methodological approach to how to achieve the aims that get agreed. Plus if there are any disagreements my professional skills would be useful lol.

Right you are now shackled mate you are the 5th member I can now get out with my dogs and enjoy my dogs LOL i have now substituted myself and put myself on the transfer list maybe Sunderland will put in a offer :whistling:

• Like 1

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

The committee have commenced the preliminary work on an Agenda, so come on people any issues you want to raise or matters you would like to be discussed or included, then speak up this is a joint exercise for the benefit of lurcher owners workers or not , it is an opportunity to raise issues of concern and importance with various parties to attempt to raise the profile of lurcher work, the dogs and their owners in public perception . Many of the complaints raised have related to lack of support or recognition of this area of country life now is your opportunity to get some deserved answers and possibly influence future decisions and policy. Early days so get in on the start of the journey .

• Like 1

This is a little disturbing and should be looked at by everyone. In the government guidance ( march 2015), nowhere does it include the use of dogs for rabbit control as an option to be considered..

if farmers do consult any such guidance to control pest species within the law there is no wonder rabbit control with dogs doesn't come up near the top of the list of any options.

This is one of the reasons we have to work so hard to change things.

The bodies that have represented us so far have yet again failed .

Is it possible we are only legally able to work rabbits with dogs by a technicality ?

If that technicality was addressed at any amendment to the hunting act we could all be the wrong side of the law in a heartbeat !

More reason to get behind what we are trying to achieve.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rabbits-how-to-control-numbers

• Like 1

This is a little disturbing and should be looked at by everyone. In the government guidance ( march 2015), nowhere does it include the use of dogs for rabbit control as an option to be considered..

if farmers do consult any such guidance to control pest species within the law there is no wonder rabbit control with dogs doesn't come up near the top of the list of any options.

Is it possible we are only legally able to work rabbits with dogs by a technicality ?

If that technicality was addressed at any amendment to the hunting act we could all be the wrong side of the law in a heartbeat !

Yep that's pretty worrying. No mention of using dogs to control rabbit numbers.

We can use ferrets to bolt to nets or waiting guns. But no mention of dogs?

Hmmmm.

Yep that's pretty worrying. No mention of using dogs to control rabbit numbers.

We can use ferrets to bolt to nets or waiting guns. But no mention of dogs?

Hmmmm.

the more folk sit back and do nothing, the easier a target we become

https://www.gov.uk/g...control-numbers

Good post Dewclaw that piece of sage advice slipped under the radar on some ones watch didnt it,? published by the Government in March 2015 what other little surprises may be awaiting the working dog and lurcher lads in any future amendments to any existing legislation or even future possible altering of legal status to work within the Hunting with dogs Act . By the omission of the legal use of dogs for rabbit control the Government and others are clandestinely putting another obstacle in the way of lurcher owners by deliberately misguiding farmers, landowners and other concerned bodies into excluding dogs as a means of legal control. Usually the police will refer to such guidance when harassing dog lads going about their legal entitlement. The Legislation and Law interpretation is left to CPS the" guidance "is used by the police . An old sceptic (if there are any left that have not been hunted to extinction) could believe it could be incorporated in any amendments quite easily.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

Don't forget, what is written in that article is just guidance. Not law. It does need amending to include the use of dogs for legal rabbit control. Anyway, I've never met a farmer who would look for guidance on anything ;)

Possibly EU grants that may be available :laugh:

• Like 1

Don't forget, what is written in that article is just guidance. Not law. It does need amending to include the use of dogs for legal rabbit control. Anyway, I've never met a farmer who would look for guidance on anything ;)

Possibly EU grants that may be available :laugh:

Tried, but they wouldn't give me any :censored:

I have contacted See view and Flynn and sent a round robin e-mail, where I have stated my thoughts on the current situation. I am very happy to see such commitment from Lurcher/Longdog owners.and I throw my hat into the ring to help move forward in any way any action to repeal the hunting ban, The time for glory hunting is gone. What matters now, is the help and support for the working Lurcher/Longdog owner and the repeal of the hunting ban!! I am fully aware that the name Association of Lurcher Clubs is in it's self a problem. The name Association of Lurcher clubs means exactly that an Association of clubs. where as now, we must be an association of individuals. SO, CHANGE THE NAME, whilst keeping the contacts, the code of conduct (with a little updating) And the Constitution. This would move the movement forward at a much faster rate Time is of an essence and therefore we must bring all the Lurcher/Longdog owners together that much sooner enabling us to better promote the working Lucher and fight for the repeal. You want an organisation to represent you all, You have got one.

Alan Tyer

Courser

• Like 6