Dog Rescuers Channel 5

I watched it. .

Its sensationalised rubbish..

They make up what they don't know.

At a guess nobody dug that badger or took it to a playing feild to rag it about..

I reckon it was had on the lamp and the no marks left the dog, because they could not get them apart.

I ain't from Yorkshire but have had a few nights out ( on the drink) and seen loads of foxes and badgers in urban areas , when getting taxis back to the accommodation.

These are the idiots than are damaging lawful lurcher & terrier work.

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

I could be wrong here, but, I'm always very suspicious of anything the RSPCA or the British media touches that involves dead badgers.

Let's face it, you're roads over there are littered with dead badgers and your dog homes full of lurchers.

In a housing estate ? Seen by witnesses ?

The culprit will be easy to I.D.

Did the program mention a prosecution?

I didn't see the program but let's face it past track records with these cowboys (the RSPCA and media) says it all.

I saw it, they showed the dead badger and it definitely looked like it had been worked over by a dog and the dog had certainly been in a fight with something when they found it. No mention of any prosectuion though, maybe it's still going through the courts? :hmm:

Can understand being skeptical of anything the RSPCA say but this case seemed to be on the level :thumbs:

That's where I'm at a loss as I've never seen a badger that had been killed by a dog. The only dead badgers I've ever seen have been on the side of a road other than the location I'd have no idea what killed them.

If that program was indeed factual then it's a pity that lowlifes like that get compared to real dogmen and women. A big pity.

• Like 1

Spot on there. I remember someone saying to me a while back that he could nt get hold of any decent dogs cos he was nt in the circle so to speak. I told him he could nt get gifted well bred dogs cos he was a donut with a big mouth and well bred dogs took work and lots of lots of time .it would be like giving a monkey a machine gun so to speak.

• Like 6

the key word is respect, young kids getting in the game have no respect for anything, the dog or animal or the land they go on, and we all get tared with the same brush

That's what I was saying earlier at the end of the day it's stopping young lads from getting into this sport because of what's happening.ive been saying this for years even on here and get ripped for it now it's come around again and it's all guns blazing.like said feck the younger generation off until they show respect or it will come to a end then who's to blame.im getting pissed off with this as I've had a good 35yr at it and thought I would be doing this till I'm 90,everything I kill gets eaten off U.S. and turned into a pie.the way I look at it its free food but the young muppets just throw it away as the kill is more important.atb

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 1

That's where I'm at a loss as I've never seen a badger that had been killed by a dog. The only dead badgers I've ever seen have been on the side of a road other than the location I'd have no idea what killed them.

If that program was indeed factual then it's a pity that lowlifes like that get compared to real dogmen and women. A big pity.

Going by some of the strokes the RSPCA are willing to pull I wouldn't be surprised if that badger was brought out of a freezer and blood daubed about the field it's funny that the RSPCA punter happened to have a film crew with him and yet there's not a policeman in sight. I thought the police would have been the first to get there especially with there policies on wildlife crime.

• Like 2

Or we can all face the fact there are people out there who would do this .They bear no ressemblance to real dogmen and probably stole the dog in the first place .Word will get round the area and no-one will have anything to do with them .If they were seen then 5-0 is on the case already im guessing .Rose tinted glasses wont cover the fact criminals steal/keep dogs too .

• Like 5

It was probably some ones dog from the estate that had gotten out and encountered the badger all on its own but do the the rspca and there fabricating and saying that the dog had been pitted by its owners in a fight to the death No one will ever come forward to say its there dog and it had escaped for fear of prosecution for dog getting out ,If as they claim in the tv clip the owners had been disturbed and ran off why was the police not called when they were seen or disturbed ?, And if they claim the dog was in so much pain why did they not rush it to a vet rather than sit there for hours filming it you will notice the first part of the film was on a small video camera , the second where the dog was shown was on the tv crews camera so they obversely sat and waited for them to turn up so much care from the charity workers they are only after donations They hardly ever re home working dogs choosing to put them down unless they can use them time and time again for publicity

• Like 3