Smoking Ban To Be Extended..........??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm an ex smoker never touched one in 6 years not even e-cigarettes. BUT the smoking ban INSIDE pubs was IMO a huge mistake.   This alone was the nail in the coffin for thousands of pubs around the

Freedoms are being chipped away at but we just keep taking it. I dont smoke but I dont like the banning of what should be a choice. Ive been into pubs withs kids on hols for a meal and theyve been smo

They do well on a ban on fat people now that's summat I could get right behind lol

Well if they want too see what pubs are left off then go ahead ban it completely lol

My missus gets out on drink and she says more people stand outside pubs n sit In gardens n smoking areas even the non smokers cis they want craic with their mates

The sort of people who cry about stuff like this usually spend the odd hour here n there in the pub

The pub trade was virtually destroyed by the ban this could well finish it off

They should of opted for smoking and non smoking pubs lol

Government would shit theirselves if smokers all stopped just for one day lol if they Ben it completely they will loose out most cos of revenue it makes people will still smoke ffs drugs illeagle but east too get

• Like 3

Freedoms are being chipped away at but we just keep taking it. I dont smoke but I dont like the banning of what should be a choice. Ive been into pubs withs kids on hols for a meal and theyve been smoky so We just didnt stop and went somewhere else. When I was young I only went into a pub to get pissed..I think pub days are numbered anyway.. I read a book once set in Scotland and everyone in the village had to take turns in opening there house as a pub and everyone would come round and bring booze and get pissed. That should get around the smoking ban,but most silly fuckers dont even smoke in there own houses now. You see some poor f***ing bloke standing outside his own house like a dog being put out to shit. When I smoked my house reeked of fags and cigars,and I dont take my boots off when I come in either. My house stinks and is filthy obviously but its my home.

• Like 4

well as a x smoker , I think they should leave it as it is, because people will smoke , even with all this stuff etc , it never going away. you still see young people smoking now, so any restriction on or where to smoke not stopped them as it :yes: . its prob because its in the summer now, and more people are out side eating etc so people see more smokers, but comes comes nov -jan it will go back to normal , only the smokers will be outside freezing to death having a cig lol. I am glad I packed it in (25) years ago , smoked for 15 years 10-20 a day , never still got any money lol, but not coughing me self to death every day no more :thumbs:

• Like 1

Why do Politicians not have to adhere to a smoking ban in Parliment if they say the rest of the population must in Public Houses ect ?

They seem to get away with a lot worse than flouting the smoking ban. Law unto themselves it seems unfortunately .

• Like 1

The amount that NHS spends on treating smoking related diseases, varies between £2.5 and £6 billion a year, depending on your source, and there's lots of methods to calculate the figure.

The amount of tax collected on tobacco is a lot easier to ascertain.......in 2013, the figure was £9.7 billion in excise duty and £2.6 billion in VAT - a total of £12.3 billion !

• Like 1

When we were in California last year, some restaurants had signs "No smoking within 200ft of this building." Surely the land just along from the restaurant belonged to someone else so how can they say stupid things like that?

I'm an ex smoker never touched one in 6 years not even e-cigarettes. BUT the smoking ban INSIDE pubs was IMO a huge mistake.

This alone was the nail in the coffin for thousands of pubs around the UK, we all know of locals that have closed. In my old stomping ground there were 4 pubs, now there is only one left. One was flattened to build a block of flats, one was flattened to build a car park and the other is derelict.

There should be no reason if a pub wants to allow smoking inside it can't create a smoking room. If you don't want to be in a smoke environment then guess what, don't go in the room. If you don't want to be near smoke at all then guess what, find a pub that doesn't have a smoking room, and if you don't want to serve behind a bar within a pub that has smoking then don't work there. It's call freedom of choice.

Banning smoking in beer gardens will be the final straw and will see the diminished pub trade become a thing of the past, most will just close.

Maybe that's the plan? If I was being cynical maybe having dozens of working men and women together in a single place talking about things that really piss them off about the country is not a good thing for those who want to control us.

Cynical who me? No...

• Like 6

well as a x smoker , I think they should leave it as it is, because people will smoke , even with all this stuff etc , it never going away. you still see young people smoking now, so any restriction on or where to smoke not stopped them as it :yes: . its prob because its in the summer now, and more people are out side eating etc so people see more smokers, but comes comes nov -jan it will go back to normal , only the smokers will be outside freezing to death having a cig lol. I am glad I packed it in (25) years ago , smoked for 15 years 10-20 a day , never still got any money lol, but not coughing me self to death every day no more :thumbs:

I'm also an ex-smoker (20+ a day for 30 years), but I don't think it's my place to support a ban on a legal activity that I used to take part in ! Successive governments chip away, you can't smoke here, you can't smoke there, but they quite happily collect the tax on fags.

I'd never go back to it, but if a person wants to smoke that's nowt to do with me !

The amount that NHS spends on treating smoking related diseases, varies between £2.5 and £6 billion a year, depending on your source, and there's lots of methods to calculate the figure.

The amount of tax collected on tobacco is a lot easier to ascertain.......in 2013, the figure was £9.7 billion in excise duty and £2.6 billion in VAT - a total of £12.3 billion !

You also need to factor in lost tax from people who die early from smoking related illnesses. And I guess also take off the benefit payments not paid to those who were claiming them and then die from smoking related illness.

You can booze for 24 hours/7 days a week........but you can't have a fag!

You couldn't make this type of shit up !

Then they slowly Moving towards legalising weed as well ??countries backward

The revenue created by fags n drunk massive part of our economy and trade with other countries ffs living kills you who wants too live forever anyhow life is for living Ye won't get a second run at it

• Like 1