Liar Or Doesn't Know What He's Talking About?

The trouble with this silly twat is his social position, being the local landlord he's probably going to be talking to a lot of folks and he could end up damaging your reputation based on his piss poor understanding. I think I'd see him put right.

• Like 2

Bet him all the booze behind his bar, that'll be a fun night :yes:

Just ask him if he can go to the Post Office tomorrow and get you a Game Licence, as you don't have the time, and you'll settle it alongside your tab next time you see him.

• Like 2

There's a technical name for guys like that slavering Cnut , and you can't educate pork and banging your head off a wall hurts so I just leave them slavering there push and say aye see ya

You need to keep an eye out for those incomers , move out of the smoke into the sticks & think they know everything ..won't be long before he's asking loads of stupid questions about sheep and the like ..just amuse him , he'll get fed up soon . Feel sorry for you old country types having to put up with fcuking townies taking over ...

Rich how much did you say you paid for your Dog License last year ?? :whistling:

Errrr .....I have a all in one licence , covers me for the dogs , also covers me for taking game , fishing , driving you name it , it covers me ...bought it off a man in a pub in Wales ...he was the landlord so he obviously knows whats what .. :drink:

• Like 4

You need to keep an eye out for those incomers , move out of the smoke into the sticks & think they know everything ..won't be long before he's asking loads of stupid questions about sheep and the like ..just amuse him , he'll get fed up soon . Feel sorry for you old country types having to put up with fcuking townies taking over ...

Rich how much did you say you paid for your Dog License last year ?? :whistling:

Errrr .....I have a all in one licence , covers me for the dogs , also covers me for taking game , fishing , driving you name it , it covers me ...bought it off a man in a pub in Wales ...he was the landlord so he obviously knows whats what .. :drink:

Basta*d told me I had the only one in the country :icon_eek:

• Like 1

Haha very funny ss

:thumbs:

Maybe you should see if he wants to buy a Queen Elizabeth the 1st watch, Walshie, or you could always sell him an Argentinian Racing Pigeon to carry the beer orders notes to the brewery.

• Like 2

I bought a game license once when I went to Scotland grouse shooting, not that it turns out I needed to. I think I tried three post offices before I found one where someone knew what the hell I was talking about!

While you'd expect to hear a bit of shite in a pub some of the best bullshit I've heard has been in gunshops which is even more worrying.

I bought a game license once when I went to Scotland grouse shooting, not that it turns out I needed to. I think I tried three post offices before I found one where someone knew what the hell I was talking about!

While you'd expect to hear a bit of shite in a pub some of the best bullshit I've heard has been in gunshops which is even more worrying.

I tend to stay very quiet in gunshops when shite is being spouted...I just stand looking vaguely at some guns chuckling away...

I've heard some quality tripe over the years. My personal favourites being:

1) Someone who was claiming that an open ticket meant that you don't need to ask landowner's permission, you can shoot where you want.

2) Someone who said that you are allowed to shoot quarry on land that you don't have permission for, providing that you shoot from land that you do have permission for, but you're not allowed to retrieve the corpse.

3) An anti thought that he could "appeal" to a higher authority, to stop someone shooting on THEIR OWN land.

The first two are just downright ridiculous, the third I think the anti thought that in this politically-correct world, the authorities could stop someone shooting on their own land if the neighbours didn't agree to it.