One For The Coursing Men

every one seams to be putting good coursing dogs over they mooching lamping typ lurchers do you think this would benefit the lurcher more or are we all beter off getting a pure bread coursing pup for most lurcher work????

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bitch off me pals coursing x saluki bull grey litter

My coursing bred mutt really opened my eyes. So much to offer. I didn't really know what I was buying at the time to be honest. But I can't believe more lads don't use them for all round work. Blister

Or people realising lurcher x lurcher best way to go

I think a lot of it is a sales pitch, most of the people that use the big names will prob of never seen them work, so how do they know what traits they are acquiring good and the bad and how do they know it will suit their bitch and their style of hunting? After all do we not breed to produce offspring better than their parents?

I'm not saying the big names are crap, but I wouldn't use a stud I haven't seen work.

Edited by MickyB
  • Like 2

Think quality coursing dogs deffo have lot too fetch too the table when mixed into other types of lurcher for sure say a beddy x grey bitch she might see hundereds more kills than a coursing dog ever would cos she a lamper with say an electric strike does full range of game so he might add stamina height better feet more tenscity or maybe even s bit of patience as some dogs overly keen strikers

• Like 1

I think a lot of it is a sales pitch, most of the people that use the big names will prob of never seen them work, so how do they know what traits they are acquiring good and the bad and how do they know it will suit their bitch and their style of hunting? After all do we not breed to produce offspring better than their parents?

I'm not saying the big names are crap, but I wouldn't use a stud I haven't seen work.

Sometimes they retired too stud but the top ones many men have seen via too get s name you need too perform its not something you can hide unless the punters an idiot

• Like 1

Alot of coursing stock are or have been bought not just for coursing. most who make good day dogs also have the ability to make decent night dogs or hunt up types. IF given the schooling and opportunities make great all edible dogs day or night and some take to fox very well also. The only out cross from coursing blood that is different is the coursing blood over bull blooded lurchers. Imo the aim of this is to raise the percentage of those that will do teeth. Although i dont think bull needs to be added all the time for teeth but the bull x coursing blood lurchers if take get as close to the mythical alrounder possible as bull grey are great but give them the running ability and endurance of the corsing blood but with luck get the mind set of a hard type bull you could be in luck and get a dog Doing all edible and teeth able to run any sized land. Thats the idea lol but this is lurchers. Its all luck

• Like 3

My coursing bred mutt really opened my eyes. So much to offer. I didn't really know what I was buying at the time to be honest. But I can't believe more lads don't use them for all round work. Blistering speed, incredible stamina, lightning like strike, mental prey drive and surprising responsive, very intelligent too. Physically sound and can handle a days graft. Mine is a good guard dog too lol... I think the mythical true alrounder for me would be a top class coursing animal crossed with either a bull or cur lurcher out of a line of sound genuine grafters...

• Like 6

My coursing bred mutt really opened my eyes. So much to offer. I didn't really know what I was buying at the time to be honest. But I can't believe more lads don't use them for all round work. Blistering speed, incredible stamina, lightning like strike, mental prey drive and surprising responsive, very intelligent too. Physically sound and can handle a days graft. Mine is a good guard dog too lol... I think the mythical true alrounder for me would be a top class coursing animal crossed with either a bull or cur lurcher out of a line of sound genuine grafters...

some thing to think about for the fucher cheers

You won't go far wrong

• Like 1

Alot of coursing stock are or have been bought not just for coursing. most who make good day dogs also have the ability to make decent night dogs or hunt up types. IF given the schooling and opportunities make great all edible dogs day or night and some take to fox very well also. The only out cross from coursing blood that is different is the coursing blood over bull blooded lurchers. Imo the aim of this is to raise the percentage of those that will do teeth. Although i dont think bull needs to be added all the time for teeth but the bull x coursing blood lurchers if take get as close to the mythical alrounder possible as bull grey are great but give them the running ability and endurance of the corsing blood but with luck get the mind set of a hard type bull you could be in luck and get a dog Doing all edible and teeth able to run any sized land. Thats the idea lol but this is lurchers. Its all luck

:thumbs: