Ferrets Stolen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do hope you get your ferrets back fellah...   It is a rotten feeling, to walk down the garden and see the fronts ripped off your hutches, and your workers chored.... I no longer keep any stock

That is stirling advice....   We all like a wee bit of praise,..it's human nature,...but I have learn't that putting up images can be a costly business... There is a lot of jealousy out there,..and

I feel the same as Phil a good grade wire and double padlocks will slow them down , but putting the ferrets next to the dog runs and the din the dogs kick up is probably the best deterrent out there b

Bad news that James I feel for ya....the really annoying thing is ,,,,,,there are about to be thousands of kitts available for free ,,,or almost for nothing

I think when they break in their more looking for the locaters and nets etc more than the ferrets

Thats what i was thinking TOMO why steal ferrets when theres going to be 1000;s avilable for free , you stand a chace getting picked up for going equipped with bolt cutters if your caught in public , and the noise cutting paddlocks in the garden somebody taking a big risk to get what they want , i would be looking at those who knew they where there

Is there any possibility that people could be getting traced through this forum? or is it more likely to be locals who have seen you coming and going with boxes and equipment?

I had one nicked years ago is gutting, hope you find out who took them and get them back.

Thank lads

Yeah all 5 padlocks was cut it had to be early hours of the morning,

No body really seas me with the boxes cause there straight in the car. It has crossed my mind that people can trace your threw this forum,

And yeah it does get to you stupid but there part of your team!

Iv been out and bought big padlocks now and I think I'm going to electrify the top of the wall and gate, I'm just glad I never had the pup living outside cause she might have been gone to

Thank lads

Yeah all 5 padlocks was cut it had to be early hours of the morning,

No body really seas me with the boxes cause there straight in the car. It has crossed my mind that people can trace your threw this forum,

And yeah it does get to you stupid but there part of your team!

Iv been out and bought big padlocks now and I think I'm going to electrify the top of the wall and gate, I'm just glad I never had the pup living outside cause she might have been gone to

It does seem strange this happens not long after you posted about your kits.

That's the spirit though mate beef up security and carry on atb.

I know mate That's what's mad me think twice apart from the lads I go out ferreting with no one really knows I have ferrets, as soon as I speek of them on hear they disappear.

But that's life I suppose.

The advice I'd give any of you with any working stock don't mention it to any one not even on forums.

I know mate That's what's mad me think twice apart from the lads I go out ferreting with no one really knows I have ferrets, as soon as I speek of them on hear they disappear.

But that's life I suppose.

The advice I'd give any of you with any working stock don't mention it to any one not even on forums.

That is stirling advice.... :yes:

We all like a wee bit of praise,..it's human nature,...but I have learn't that putting up images can be a costly business... There is a lot of jealousy out there,..and some clowns covet a fellow hunter's livestock...ferrets being no exception...

Facts are, until it happens,...we never think it will happen,.... :no:

Thank feck I am out of the hunting game,...these days I only keep a wee Cur,.. as a pet...

Life is now better,...and far more chilled.... :laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

I feel the same as Phil a good grade wire and double padlocks will slow them down , but putting the ferrets next to the dog runs and the din the dogs kick up is probably the best deterrent out there but if they are determind they will still get into the hutches

• Like 1

It pays to be suspicious. After a few funny phone calls and "odd feelings" I took to arranging to meet potential ferret buyers at a mate's house. They had their choice of kits out of a box and I like to think the sight of my mate's large ,tattooed-covered arms indicating his past as the vice-president of a moderately well-known motorcycle club might have cooled any plans of naughtiness.

On the other hand I was once put through the third degree over the phone when I was looking for a pup. This led to a meeting on a garage forecourt where I was treated to the forth,fifth and sixth degree levels of interrogation . On learning of my very slight familiarity with a certain person that ,it transpired, was a good friend of the vendor I was given access to the inner circle and taken to see the puppies.

The thing is ; the bloke who's name opened the door to my being accepted as an ok chap is a noted rogue and last I heard was doing the modern equivalent of sewing mail-bags!

Edited by comanche
  • Like 1

Sad world we are living in these days.

I now share my bed with my dogs and my ferrets.. Til death us do part as they say. . . :thumbs:

Dogs and ferrets are given to and between good friends for free...So why anyone would steal them is beyond my brains contemplations.

I've said it before and I will say it again.. Karma,Cancer,Aids,Death by Bongo etc etc is all they deserve.

Happened to me about 2 month ago in sunderland b*****ds. I could of started up again but they will be back. Av sold everything Shed,nets,locators,spades. Av been ferreting for 15yr and it really sickened me that I have had to give it all up through scumbags.