2 jobs in the last 24 hours for wasps, both in bird boxes, were in fact bumble bee nests.

A little education and assurances that they won`t sting & standing next to the box to prove the point, the bees remain happy (and alive)

Frustrating when one of the "wasp jobs" was a round trip of 30 miles & end with No Dosh for my troubles

• Like 1

We screen calls as best as we can before going out, asking what, where, etc and then if we go to a job - ' defo wasps I know what they are' we charge as we are a business and need to cover costs at least and hope for a profit.

I have been stung by Tree Bumble Bees whilst trying to get them a stay of execution, the buggers can multi sting like wasps as the sting isn't barbed. We have moved a lot of Tit Boxes with Tree Bumbles where people wouldn't leave them bee!

Iv getting about 15 calls a day for bumble bees...iv not had any in nest boxes as yet so the only ones iv saved have been through education. Iv seen good numbers of honey bees aswell but havnt had any swarms since I got my own hive!!!!

Only 1 wasp nest so far

It makes you wonder why the tree bumble bee has been so successfull when it is reported otther bumble bee number are declining.

What ever is there prefereed plant food source must be in abundance.

We charge a call out charge on every job and recieve very little if any negative feed back about the charge.

Customers are made aware of the call out charge prior to visit and also that if activity is bees we will not treat.

In most circumstances when the life cycle is explianed and the fact that the high level of activity is just the emergence of new queens and will subside in a short period customers appreciate the information given.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people cannot tell the difference between wasp and bumble bees even when you are stood with them and telling them.

I was watching some bumble bees today where the customer thaught there was nest in a hedging shrub.The activity was significant but when i watched them they were going underneath the leaves and feeding on a sap solution coming from the plant. When you got hold of the leaves your hand was covered in the sticky solution. I have never seen this before.

• Like 1

I move where I can but there are times they gotta go.

Removed a honeybee comb from an urn on a large building roof today as its getting a new roof put on with major refurb being done. 20 kg of comb and honey removed, bloody messy even with long gloves and white suit on!

It rare I go out expecting wasps and find its bees, a few questions normally identifies.

Sometimes!!

Take today as example, Lady phones up has a wasp nest, I ask "Are the going straight into the hole? Yes. Are the round in shape? No. Are they buzzing around the entrance? No. Are they yellow/black? Yes. Do you know the difference between wasps and bees? Yes.

Go there today, they are yet more bumble bees, left alone, educated, AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH