Full Body Vs Split Workout.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with Sandymere......do you want to have muscles that ache or muscles that grow ?......You could get your wife to jump on your back go and stand on the stairs and do 100 calf raises,tomorrow yo

I dont really have an opinion either way lads it is what it is some people go mad for it some people dont.......at the end of the day no food is bad for you its the amount of it you have thats bad for

Not sure about this myself but something to consider.   What is the protein content of say 10 eggs, how convenient are they to cook, carry and eat?   How much powder do you have to mix up to get

Iv been lifting weight on and off since a teenager my younger brother realy into it he came first in his group north east body building competition he went to british final last year didn't do as good, my advice would be if ur looking to build muscle mass then train each body part different days eg day 1 Chest and triceps , day 2 legs, day 3 back and biceps 4 shoulder and traps. Get sum cardio into. Diet is a big part of training getting clean meals in and protein in , at the moment I'm having 3 protein shakes a day including my meals.

Iv been lifting weight on and off since a teenager my younger brother realy into it he came first in his group north east body building competition he went to british final last year didn't do as good, my advice would be if ur looking to build muscle mass then train each body part different days eg day 1 Chest and triceps , day 2 legs, day 3 back and biceps 4 shoulder and traps. Get sum cardio into. Diet is a big part of training getting clean meals in and protein in , at the moment I'm having 3 protein shakes a day including my meals.

What shake you using

I think gnash is referring to low glycemic carbs ,,,wich take longer to digest than high glycemic

Glyca.....what :blink: I only want to look good in my mankini FFS :laugh: Whats the difference Tomo,which would be low/high :hmm: This is all getting very complicated...

It can get too complicated and some folk look far too deep into diet when they first start out......timing your carbs,slow digestion proteins,amino spikes and bla bla bla are not going to make a blind bit of difference to the average lifter starting out trying to put a bit of muscular bulk on but for a seasoned lifter or for contest prep its very important.......i still maintain the 2 age old basic sayings for novice/intermediate lifters....

A.If its not nailed down eat it.

B.If the bars not bending your just pretending.

In other words......eat lots,lift heavy..........and enjoy it.......worry about the finer details of bodybuilding later on.

• Like 1

Gnash, what do you think of a few raw eggs mixed with half a pint, or pint of milk in middle of night so the body not eating itself, so to speaks, thanks in advance

Bit of topic gnash whats your views on milk good/bad? big topic on the bb forums ok in moderation or ? Cheers

I dont really have an opinion either way lads it is what it is some people go mad for it some people dont.......at the end of the day no food is bad for you its the amount of it you have thats bad for you !.....Milk does contain all 8 amino acids but its also 90% water so theres good and bad points.

New concepts and fads always come and go in the performance nutrition world but people are still undecided on milk.....bodybuilders originally fell in love with milk because of the protein and fat content.....if memory serves me right an average 8oz glass contains about 8 grams of protein and 12 grams of carbs.....2 thirds of the fat content is saturated anyway so can increase hormone levels......a lot of folk come unstuck with milk through lactose intolerance and the bloated nasty feeling it gives you........all babies can digest milk but as we age we lose the lactose enzyme that lines our stomach hence we,re the only mammals over the age of 2 that drink it !...Some people take that as a hint !

Without getting into all the organic chemistry malarky all milk has to be pasteurised and the heat process involved changes the protein content its not so much a dairy issue as fermentation....fermentation breaks down the lactose in cheese/yoghurt etc but nobody is going to be drinking fermented milk !........so the fact we are training hard for lean muscle does it make sense to put something in your diet that will bloat you out and wreak havoc on your gastro tract......i think todays whey supplements cut out the need for milk in any real volume they are perfectly weighed out,cut out all the risk,are easy on your system.....blimey they even taste nice these days :D ....theres just no need for the old school Rocky Balboa egg and milk stuff these days but purely as a drink i dont see anything wrong with milk........but again thats just how ive done things over the years and im not necessarily right.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

Gnash, what do you think of a few raw eggs mixed with half a pint, or pint of milk in middle of night so the body not eating itself, so to speaks, thanks in advance

Bit of topic gnash whats your views on milk good/bad? big topic on the bb forums ok in moderation or ? Cheers

I dont really have an opinion either way lads it is what it is some people go mad for it some people dont.......at the end of the day no food is bad for you its the amount of it you have thats bad for you !.....Milk does contain all 8 amino acids but its also 90% water so theres good and bad points.

New concepts and fads always come and go in the performance nutrition world but people are still undecided on milk.....bodybuilders originally fell in love with milk because of the protein and fat content.....if memory serves me right an average 8oz glass contains about 8 grams of protein and 12 grams of carbs.....2 thirds of the fat content is saturated anyway so can increase hormone levels......a lot of folk come unstuck with milk through lactose intolerance and the bloated nasty feeling it gives you........all babies can digest milk but as we age we lose the lactose enzyme that lines our stomach hence we,re the only mammals over the age of 2 that drink it !...Some people take that as a hint !

Without getting into all the organic chemistry malarky all milk has to be pasteurised and the heat process involved changes the protein content its not so much a dairy issue as fermentation....fermentation breaks down the lactose in cheese/yoghurt etc but nobody is going to be drinking fermented milk !........so the fact we are training hard for lean muscle does it make sense to put something in your diet that will bloat you out and wreak havoc on your gastro tract......i think todays whey supplements cut out the need for milk in any real volume they are perfectly weighed out,cut out all the risk,are easy on your system.....blimey they even taste nice these days :D ....theres just no need for the old school Rocky Balboa egg and milk stuff these days but purely as a drink i dont see anything wrong with milk........but again thats just how ive done things over the years and im not necessarily right.

Cheers gnash, I'm eating mostly eggs an veg everyday, what's your thoughts on eggs, an how many you could eat a day, I'm eating the above, an porridge, an few veg juices each day, that's it

our hud carrier does some lifting all day when you think about it specialy on the grip,only suppliment hes getting is a bacon n egg soda,lol .serious but theres natural strength and then theres the t.shirt brigade.