Tx200 Vs Hw97

Try both. Then form your choice from the one that feels absolutely right. Uniquely to yourself and your reach.

I have both a TX200HC and an HW97K both in .177. Both are amazingly accurate. But, my HW97K is the best of the two in my hands.

ATB.

Simon

Here goes... 10 + pages on the topic that comes around every month or so.

There as good as each other. The positives for one are negatives for the other and vice versa.

If you can't be arsed to strip choon it, go for the TX, if you can, then go for the 97.

TX has better wood but a shit loading port. The ratchet can be silenced but the 97 is much simpler loading.

There is no point going on which is more accurate.

As an edit, if your in the AA corner, why not stick with them.

• Like 3

like you say guys this debate as been done a few times lol but my question is.why is the hw77 never brought into the debate are thy not such a good gun the new 77.i own an old mk1 77 and it,s deadly accurate and i just wonder is the newer 77 not as good because it never gets a mention

My shooting buddy had a tx200hc and I had a hw97k,both in .22,we used them a lot for a good few years and neither was anything less than fantastic,they are top drawer and I honestly couldn't say if one is better then the other,have a hold/shot conversation and cuddle with both and answer the question for yourself is my advice...

its a hard one i love both guns mac has my old 97 and it takes some beating but ive seans old tx200 and id say there on par with each other in the right hands

• Like 1

As you now know i opted for the silky smooth TX 200 HC.

Much better blueing than the others, much better stock and smooth as silk out of the box, no tuning needed.

Have to Agree with Mark here :thumbs: .

I've owned the same Tx for about 13 years now and its rock solid. Built like a tank, excellent quality, highly accurate, lovely trigger, Absolute top rifle. Mine's in need of a service now as its a bit twangy and I suspect below 11ft-lbs now, ....but 40% use over 13 years is some going....still firing 'OK'....but needs some TLC when the pennies allow....

• Like 1