Trackers On Badgers

"One badger was chipped in East Leinster but found dead in Myshall, in Co Carlow. A postmortem showed scars that suggested he had been used for baiting."

Whats the distance between the 2 places mentioned?

"One badger was chipped in East Leinster but found dead in Myshall, in Co Carlow. A postmortem showed scars that suggested he had been used for baiting."

Whats the distance between the 2 places mentioned?

Depending where in east Leinster but could be close to 40miles. Remember a programme on a few years back and they tracked a fox and it covered 25mile in one night not a problem.
  • Like 2

There was programme on rte afew weeks back about tracking badgers said they were doing it in wicklow

that would make sense then would only be 45/60 min drive.

Is the Badger driving?

They showed a badger that was caught regular in a trap was one of the head males in the area known as billy then they lost track of him so they went back to where the gps last signal and they only found a collar some one had cut it off him.ya cud tell by watching it something else was on the way p's they said they weren't far from the motorway maybe billy had enough and tumbed a lift out of there

Edited by undertaker
  • Like 1

What a load of rubbish.

Firstly the photo of the "badger baiter" is obviously staged.

Next, if there is actually someone involved in badger baiting why would they need to risk carrying live badgers through or around the city of Dublin down to a place that's already full of badgers and is a well known TB hotspot.

Descriptions of badger baiting taking place in sheds in pits has been used now for 40 years by journalists and anti with vivid imaginations.

How come there hasn't been one raid or any footage in all those years of a pit in a shed used for badger baiting, let alone convictions ?

Does anyone remember the newspaper article where the clown in the RSPCA described a shed with a pit and the floor was covered in betting slips ?

Or the story where the lactating sow was in the pit and the baiters were holding up her cubs to make her fight harder (no one mentioned that the badger has terrible eyesight and can only see a few feet in front of it's nose) ?

All stories with no proof but it's worrying that there's a fresh attack on terrier work.

I'll tell you what is cruel regarding badgers though ?

Leaving them in a snare for 2 or 3 days before shooting them, but that's OK because it's carried out legally by cowboys employed by the Irish government.

• Like 18

Yes Neil I totally agree the snares are very cruel and badgers are often left till they die in them and the worst thing of all is the Cowboys that do the snaring get more active in the breeding season often catching sows and leaving the poor Young Too die of starvation but we never hear about that

• Like 2

That's the trouble with the press, they never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Look at the stink they're all kicking up now the Conservatives have won, they blew smoke up there arse for winning then within hours they'd all got polls up asking if hunting should be banned still ? f***ing snakes the lot of them.

• Like 2

A Badgers 'territory' is usually only around 3 Miles Radius of it's Home. Some young and old can venture further, certain times of the year AND scars could be likely. They are not the cute and cuddly Teddy Bear when they don't want to be. However any found much more than that would suggest a Taxi ride..lol. The Press aren't they lovely!? Dezzy got caught with one in his Lorry though, but then I suspect it was to give one of his Show Dogs a few uh hum 'Rosettes'. I remember what I was thinking when I heard about it!! There is no place in digging for Baiting and those that do are not 'Terrier Men', they are in 'it' for totally the wrong reason and are to be shunned!! Unfortunately there is no distinction in the Press and Animal rights organisations.

• Like 4