Anthony Joshua

The thing i find so arrogant about these lads on here with a Tyson Fury infatuation is if they was to ever sit down with him and actually have a conversation ( which they obviously never have done ;) ) he would more than likely tell them the truth......which is that he has already sparred with Joshua when Joshua was still in the amateurs and come off second best......now while sparring is not fighting you at least get a feel for an opponent.......and an opponent who is improving as quickly as Josh is improving...that can and does play on a fighters mind down the line.

My guess is behind closed doors Tyson Fury is a lot more clued up than his fans are.

• Like 1

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a whi

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches

Feck me,..what a strange thread,...my fecking auld head is spinning...   If we are still on the subject of boxing,...I always read what Gnasher has to say,..mostly because I feel he writes, with an

Posted Images

Speaking of Joshua, he's definitely looking the business. At the minute he's looking better technically than Lennox Lewis did at the same point in his career, although I think Lewis did win the European title in his 14th bout and beat Gary Mason for British title in his 15th fight. Slowly slowly catchy monkey...

Its worth remembering Gary was 35 - 0 with a world ranking at that time as well.

Yep Lewis handled stepping up in class by stopping Mason, let's see if Joshua can do the same when the time calls.

• Like 1

The thing i find so arrogant about these lads on here with a Tyson Fury infatuation is if they was to ever sit down with him and actually have a conversation ( which they obviously never have done ;) ) he would more than likely tell them the truth......which is that he has already sparred with Joshua when Joshua was still in the amateurs and come off second best......now while sparring is not fighting you at least get a feel for an opponent.......and an opponent who is improving as quickly as Josh is improving...that can and does play on a fighters mind down the line.

My guess is behind closed doors Tyson Fury is a lot more clued up than his fans are.

Yeah gnash, heard tyson on an interview recently, saying aj put him on the backfoot when sparring, an admitted hes gonna be a handfull.

• Like 1

I would love to see Joshua v Tyson. Tyson got no chance against him. I hope Anthony gets down to business now and cleans up the rest of the British hopefuls before going any further.

• Like 1

I hope he retires(Mitchell) ..but a lot of fighters go on too long..For me when I guy fights his way to 3 world title shots they shouldn't have to fight on too long...They don't get paid enough for the risks they take..

Little bit lumped up but still smiling....

kevin_zpsgh1usixg.jpg

Retiring seems the last thing on his mind at the moment he,s on his trainers earhole to get back in the gym and Hearns earhole for another title shot........think theres some stern words ahead......sadly a fighter is often the last person to hear them.

• Like 5

And how is that so obvious then gnasher, everyone knows Tyson sparred Joshua and everyone knows Tyson said he was a handful I'm not denying that I've said it enough times aswell. Ive also said before Tyson is a good man at putting on an act and making himself sound the bad one to sell fights etc, ive spoke to hughie and Tyson about boxing before yes don't need to prove anything go you what so ever your a know it all when it comes to boxing beacuse after all you've had AJ on the pads.

:laugh: Bless ya Cushty.....im not a know it all when it comes to boxing i just say what i see and what experience tells me.....if you take offence at that then its hardly my fault that your infatuated with the Furys......for the 4th time of asking......what is it about Joshuas boxing you dont rate ?

Edited by gnasher16

bit off topic but is it easy to hold pads for somebody, do you just hold them an let em hot em or is there more to it? I know its a daft question lol but I admit I know fook all about this subject

Done properly is a real skill,,and can take a lot of experience to master...and is quite tiring,,,,

Lots of folk doing it for the first time flinch,,,or move the pad out the way,,rather than move the pad slightly toward the oncoming fist....

But if it's just for a young lad to practice,,,just do it,,,or better still get him to a local boxing gym

:laugh: Bless ya Cushty.....im not a know it all when it comes to boxing i just say what i see and what experience tells me.....if you take offence at that then its hardly my fault that your infatuated with the Furys......for the 4th time of asking......what is it about Joshuas boxing you dont rate ?

Oh I think he's a good boxer, I've never said he wasn't, he can give it but can he take it the big question ?? Remember the hype around David price, remember am it Khan, AJ will be like them, similar to frank Bruno he'll get taken into deep waters and knocked out in his next 6 fights. Also what's infatuated mean?

Gnasher or one of the other lads will be better than me,,,it's a long time since I boxed,,,and not to a great level,,,watching a trainer holding them ,,,was a world of difrence from when I would hold them,,,doing long combinations,, I would start to forget where to put my hands..lol

Stick with double jab strieght right,,,that way you can just keep your hands up,,rather than moving to hooks or uppercuts ,,

• Like 1