Anthony Joshua

It's good that we have a couple of genuine contenders for the world heavyweight title be great night too see two Brits fight one for and one to retain a unfied title that make a great thread lol

I've followed Tyson from pro debut and despite certain aspects of him I genuinely enjoy watching him fight and think eventually think he will he a world title I think he is underated and a lot better than many think the fronts deceiving I think the best too come from him but for his age he come a long way

Anthony Josua I also rate think he good role model extremely powerful puncher when he finds the openings he deffo will improve as he steps up in class after his next fight I'd like too see him fight chisora or price maybe haye to be fair he could step up fairly quickly as could Hugie fury again chisora or price would be ideal

Tyson needs to get deal to fight klitchko or wilder try to unify the title

oh yeah an-ex drug dealer makes a great feckin role model :blink:

Yeh. What a scumbag. If only he sold alcohol or tobacco instead!
:laugh: what like a shop keeper...
Exactly. No one goes to give the pub landlord a piece of their mind when a loved one dies of an alcohol related disease or goes to the tobacconist to call him a cnut when a friend dies of lung cancer. But if you sell a bit of pot you are the worst person on earth. Some people are so narrow minded! The guy is a boxer, not mother Theresa.

C'mon mate!!

I couldn't give a f**k what he's done personally, but I'm no fan of drugs of dealers..

I hope he goes on and becomes a world champ, hes swung his life around, and should be commended for that.

As far as being a role model for kids etc, that's not his job, he's a boxer, not sure why every sportsman has to be put on a higher pedestal

I don't understand your "what like a shopkeeper" comment? I am no particular fan of alcohol dealers, tobacco dealers or drug dealers. But i am a massive fan of anyone that has fought against adversity and made a go of it. We all have skeletons in our closet i am sure. It takes the bigger man to make a positive change.

They are not alcohol dealers, tobacco dealers.. They are shop keepers, landlords etc.. Legal trades, jobs.. Not hanging around street corners peddling gear..

Like I said I don't care particularly what he done, and I admire anyone who gets out of a dead end life ( which dealing drugs eventually is) to make something better of your life..

Just don't see the connection between drug dealing and working in a shop..

Ok. I stand corrected. Just because they are dealing in death "legally" thats ok. And i am sorry i didn't realise all drug dealers hang around street corners peddling gear. To children no doubt giving them free drugs to get them hooked then selling them into the sex trade. I grew up on the same council estate as you a generation apart. I have seen the damage that alcohol and tobacco has done over the years to many people and families that you will know personally. 20% of the devastation caused has been through drugs. Drug dealing is supply and demand the same as dealing in alcohol and tobacco. The terminology you use is different. The effect is the same.

I think we're making a few of the same points here, , I agree he has done well to swing his life around, I agree drink, tobacco causes untold damage and destroys lives. But people make their own decisions on legal or illegal drugs, but who's going to go into a shop or pub and kick off about it?? How could they?

Also people always put sportsman and celebrities up as role models, I just don't think it's their job, be the best they can at their sport, I don't believe a kid will or will not sell drugs because AJ did and now doesn't ( if that makes sense), parent them as best you can and hope for the best lol..

Are you still on the estate?

Edited by NEWKID

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a whi

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches

Feck me,..what a strange thread,...my fecking auld head is spinning...   If we are still on the subject of boxing,...I always read what Gnasher has to say,..mostly because I feel he writes, with an

Posted Images

It's good that we have a couple of genuine contenders for the world heavyweight title be great night too see two Brits fight one for and one to retain a unfied title that make a great thread lol

I've followed Tyson from pro debut and despite certain aspects of him I genuinely enjoy watching him fight and think eventually think he will he a world title I think he is underated and a lot better than many think the fronts deceiving I think the best too come from him but for his age he come a long way

Anthony Josua I also rate think he good role model extremely powerful puncher when he finds the openings he deffo will improve as he steps up in class after his next fight I'd like too see him fight chisora or price maybe haye to be fair he could step up fairly quickly as could Hugie fury again chisora or price would be ideal

Tyson needs to get deal to fight klitchko or wilder try to unify the title

oh yeah an-ex drug dealer makes a great feckin role model :blink:

Yeh. What a scumbag. If only he sold alcohol or tobacco instead!
:laugh: what like a shop keeper...
Exactly. No one goes to give the pub landlord a piece of their mind when a loved one dies of an alcohol related disease or goes to the tobacconist to call him a cnut when a friend dies of lung cancer. But if you sell a bit of pot you are the worst person on earth. Some people are so narrow minded! The guy is a boxer, not mother Theresa.

C'mon mate!!

I couldn't give a f**k what he's done personally, but I'm no fan of drugs of dealers..

I hope he goes on and becomes a world champ, hes swung his life around, and should be commended for that.

As far as being a role model for kids etc, that's not his job, he's a boxer, not sure why every sportsman has to be put on a higher pedestal

I don't understand your "what like a shopkeeper" comment? I am no particular fan of alcohol dealers, tobacco dealers or drug dealers. But i am a massive fan of anyone that has fought against adversity and made a go of it. We all have skeletons in our closet i am sure. It takes the bigger man to make a positive change.

They are not alcohol dealers, tobacco dealers.. They are shop keepers, landlords etc.. Legal trades, jobs.. Not hanging around street corners peddling gear..

Like I said I don't care particularly what he done, and I admire anyone who gets out of a dead end life ( which dealing drugs eventually is) to make something better of your life..

Just don't see the connection between drug dealing and working in a shop..

Ok. I stand corrected. Just because they are dealing in death "legally" thats ok. And i am sorry i didn't realise all drug dealers hang around street corners peddling gear. To children no doubt giving them free drugs to get them hooked then selling them into the sex trade. I grew up on the same council estate as you a generation apart. I have seen the damage that alcohol and tobacco has done over the years to many people and families that you will know personally. 20% of the devastation caused has been through drugs. Drug dealing is supply and demand the same as dealing in alcohol and tobacco. The terminology you use is different. The effect is the same.

I think we're making a few of the same points here, , I agree he has done well to swing his life around, I agree drink, tobacco causes untold damage and destroys lives. But people make their own decisions on legal or illegal drugs, but who's going to go into a shop or pub and kick off about it?? How could they?

Also people always put sportsman and celebrities up as role models, I just don't think it's their job, be the best they can at their sport, I don't believe a kid will or will not sell drugs because AJ did and now doesn't ( if that makes sense), parent them as best you can and hope for the best lol..

Are you still on the estate?

I am not saying anyone should go to the tobacco dealer that has sold their dad 40 fags a day 7 days a week for the last 20 years and kick off. He would just say that he is dealing within the law. And that if he didn't sell them to him someone else would. He could even come out with that old chestnut " i am just doing my job". But the bottom line is dad has now got weeks to live and has to say goodbye to all his loved ones. What a mess. So, as we know, dad as an adult had a choice as to wether to smoke or not and the tobacco dealer had a choice wether to sell it to him. Now how is that scenario any different to going to a drug dealers house to buy drugs? We all know the risks and take our chance. If you are prepared to go to the drug dealer and call him a cnut when it all goes wrong why not do the same to the tobacco dealer? Does he deserve any blame in this? Taking the word "legal" out of this makes it so much clearer. I never asked for or agreed to alcohol or tobacco being "legal". Do you want your children to drink or smoke????? If not, why not????? Would life be much happier if they never existed?????

I left the estate 27 years ago but enjoyed growing up there.

Top 10?...next time i'm having a fry up in Sam Sextons cafe i will ask him what hes up to in July...think he could be a good test at this point in their careers

sam sexton lol we can get him to fight tys old dad for a few quid tell him if hes still up for it .if he goes a bit green around the gills ,tell him we give him 2/1 odds lol

Alright Bookies....just thought Sexton would be a better test for young Hughie than the 14Xlosers he was fighting last year...Sam being a regular sparring partner to the current world heavyweight Champion...and at least a name British boxing fans know...thought you boys was talking top 10 British...obviously you mean Top 10 world rated contender!...look forward to it...like i said not got a bad word to say about Hughie...shame you feel the need to disrespect every boxer thats not out of Traveller stock

dont turn the tables son i dont desrespect any one i object to the constant crap posted on here daily about my cousins and the likes of certain self professed experts trying to shoot em down .you being one of em ,you might rate sam sexton and anthony joshua thats fine .crack on ,i dont rate either one of em .my honest opinion .sam sexton would fall over first few shots hughie threw at him , anthony joshua and his camp will keep fighting dustmen and taxi drivers ,hughie will fight a top ten world ranked heavy weight this year and hopefully he will fight wilder with inside 12 mths ,dont forget who told you first , i expect AJ will be fighting Danny Williams or Audley .bye boys :bye:

Here ya go Cushty!...your chum Brookie posted this after you made you "Top 10" comment...and you even put a soppy little Custy jook likes under this post...pretty obvious what you ment...so whos the Bellend?...you for try to tell lies...or me for pointing out your full of shit?...Peter Fury's no fool...and even i could see he wouldnt be putting Hughie Fury in with a top 10 world contender within the next few months...maybe if you spoke to the man or had half a clue about boxing that would be obvious to you too...but truth is you just follow him on twitter...top tier :laugh:
You don't get it do you I told you I made a mistake that's the truth from me like I said don't start trying to tell me if I lied or not I'm telling you I didn't, Estinov, char,de mori are far better than anyone Anthony Joshua has fought and that includes Kevin Johnson, be interesting to see if he steps his opponent up after Kevin jobs on I reckon he won't knock him out and they will realise Anthony is nothing speacial so he will have another keep busy fight and do another bum, I'd he knocks Kevin Johnson out it wnot suprise me that this will b fixed to make AJ look good, and don't say that's not possible any things possible if the money's right, and in Brooke's post he sas this year hughie is fighting too ten opponents which has plenty of time to do so, I'm talking about hughie fighting in July, you can argue with me all night I know what I meant you didn't
swing that the other way... If price is right klitchko could take a dive to let fury win anything is possible yeh as you said??? So if fury wins the title witch I hope he does and people say "klitchko could have took a dive price might have been right" you be happy with that statement???Could say that about any fight surly? C'mon.. Clutching at straws here....
  • Like 3

Top 10?...next time i'm having a fry up in Sam Sextons cafe i will ask him what hes up to in July...think he could be a good test at this point in their careers

sam sexton lol we can get him to fight tys old dad for a few quid tell him if hes still up for it .if he goes a bit green around the gills ,tell him we give him 2/1 odds lol

Alright Bookies....just thought Sexton would be a better test for young Hughie than the 14Xlosers he was fighting last year...Sam being a regular sparring partner to the current world heavyweight Champion...and at least a name British boxing fans know...thought you boys was talking top 10 British...obviously you mean Top 10 world rated contender!...look forward to it...like i said not got a bad word to say about Hughie...shame you feel the need to disrespect every boxer thats not out of Traveller stock

dont turn the tables son i dont desrespect any one i object to the constant crap posted on here daily about my cousins and the likes of certain self professed experts trying to shoot em down .you being one of em ,you might rate sam sexton and anthony joshua thats fine .crack on ,i dont rate either one of em .my honest opinion .sam sexton would fall over first few shots hughie threw at him , anthony joshua and his camp will keep fighting dustmen and taxi drivers ,hughie will fight a top ten world ranked heavy weight this year and hopefully he will fight wilder with inside 12 mths ,dont forget who told you first , i expect AJ will be fighting Danny Williams or Audley .bye boys :bye:

Here ya go Cushty!...your chum Brookie posted this after you made you "Top 10" comment...and you even put a soppy little Custy jook likes under this post...pretty obvious what you ment...so whos the Bellend?...you for try to tell lies...or me for pointing out your full of shit?...Peter Fury's no fool...and even i could see he wouldnt be putting Hughie Fury in with a top 10 world contender within the next few months...maybe if you spoke to the man or had half a clue about boxing that would be obvious to you too...but truth is you just follow him on twitter...top tier :laugh:

listen dopey what you and some of your jumped up mates know about the fight game could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a six inch paint roller ..as for chums ,have you got any ? or do you just hang around sams grease hole when your not on here getting on his nerves ..you and gnasher should meet up at sams .you can lick his bullseye even further by doing the washing up and gnasher can hold the bag for him and do ten mins on the pads :laugh: doughnut

:laugh: Seriously is that the best you can come up with...you sound like a f****n 12yr old mouthing off like that...you wanna reign that gobshyte mouth of yours in a bit...not half as impressive as you think it is...you have made a proper pratt of yourself on this forum...makes me cringe for you...for what seems like years you give it the big'un about how your in with the Fury's...now we can all see your just a bullshitter...you boys keep following Peter Fury on Twitter...you just might learn something...as for me Chums...thanks for asking...as it goes we all off to Wembley in the morning :toast: ...so will have to pick up your playground insults at a later date...but that'll give you an your chum some time for your little Romany romance...hey Brookie heres an idea...why dont you post up a picture of your big spotty arse...then your chum can put a little...cushty jook likes this under it...like he dose every other load of crap you post on here see lads i can do the insults thing too...before i go Brookie as i said previously...Sams cafe dose a cracking fry up...you should try it some day

Get your point mate, we're way off topic now though lol..

Would rather my kids never smoked, drank or took drugs.... but for me right or wrong drugs would be and will be the thing I hammer in to them to steer clear of, as I do with my eldest now. I also hammer in to her about smoking, I hate it!! I would be a hypocrite if I told them to never drink, but I hope it's in moderation, for me drinking is a social thing, I'm not one to sit in and drink for the sake of it and go weeks/months without a drink but enjoy a pint in social environments.,, if none of them touched a drop I'd be chuffed to bits.

i enjoyed it there too, all a bit different now, houses right up to the woods behind my old house, the old mans still there, pissed right off about it!

Edited by NEWKID

Laughing at Romany romance, honestly aka brindle it's a good hard chat about boxing don't get so uptight and bitchy about things , Romany romance you made me laugh my self to death the reason I like what brookie says is because I agree with what he says I don't agree with your posts on this thread therefore I don't like your posts but if you want to feel speacial I'm sure I can give you a cushtyjook likes this here and there I don't want you feeling left out

You don't get it do you I told you I made a mistake that's the truth from me like I said don't start trying to tell me if I lied or not I'm telling you I didn't, Estinov, char,de mori are far better than anyone Anthony Joshua has fought and that includes Kevin Johnson, be interesting to see if he steps his opponent up after Kevin jobs on I reckon he won't knock him out and they will realise Anthony is nothing speacial so he will have another keep busy fight and do another bum, I'd he knocks Kevin Johnson out it wnot suprise me that this will b fixed to make AJ look good, and don't say that's not possible any things possible if the money's right, and in Brooke's post he sas this year hughie is fighting too ten opponents which has plenty of time to do so, I'm talking about hughie fighting in July, you can argue with me all night I know what I meant you didn't
swing that the other way... If price is right klitchko could take a dive to let fury win anything is possible yeh as you said??? So if fury wins the title witch I hope he does and people say "klitchko could have took a dive price might have been right" you be happy with that statement???Could say that about any fight surly? C'mon.. Clutching at straws here....
If you want to look at it that way yes if the price is right people will do it unless they only care about pride over money

Fury is a spaz of a mong though. Be honest lads billyjoe live up road from me he a ok fella none of the bullshit making a arse of himself and got good style remember anyone who can uppercut there self is a mog lol

so wladamir klitchko is a mot aswell then, watch the clip of him uppercutting himself in the face against Jennings, it's a mistake I've done it a few times aswell.

Fury is a spaz of a mong though. Be honest lads billyjoe live up road from me he a ok fella none of the bullshit making a arse of himself and got good style remember anyone who can uppercut there self is a mog lol

so wladamir klitchko is a mog aswell then, watch the clip of him uppercutting himself in the face against Jennings, it's a mistake I've done it a few times aswell. Edited by CushtyJook

your just like a politician you. .full of it ,bulls--t. il dig out the old threads one day .thats if i can be bothered to keep replying to your crap .like i told you once before your a champion in your own mind on THL .as for hero worship ffs .take your ball in go on , :bye:

Brookie dont make big sweeping statements and then when asked to back them up you say " i cant be bothered ".....like the other chap said you sound like a 12 year old.....either stand behind the words you say or dont say them !..... big powerful words and then falling away sounds like you,ve got the ball son not me ;)

listen dopey what you and some of your jumped up mates know about the fight game could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a six inch paint roller ..as for chums ,have you got any ? or do you just hang around sams grease hole when your not on here getting on his nerves ..you and gnasher should meet up at sams .you can lick his bullseye even further by doing the washing up and gnasher can hold the bag for him and do ten mins on the pads :laugh: doughnut

I remember you asking me my experience in the game and then giving it all the " you,ve earned your stripes Gnash ".......well what happened ?....wait dont tell me,because i wont agree with you that Tyson and Hughie Fury are the greatest fighters who ever lived i now dont know anything about the fight game ?

Ive said it before you are not a boxing fan you are a gypsy fan.....you come out with childish insults and then tell me ive " insulted " Tyson Fury because i wont agree with you that he is the greatest fighter in the world....even telling me you will get him to move around with me in a boxing ring :laugh: .......I remember when you said Freddie Mills was the all time greatest British fighter......i laughed to myself but i still said to you " ive not heard that before but ok your entitled to your opinion ".....you see i accept theres all different levels of boxing fan and i,ll share a natter with all of them ;)

No I know I type top ten but it was a mistake, I meant top tier oppentents and char, Ustinov, de mori and arreola are all good challenges for hughie. I don't know when he's fighting or who he's fighting I'm just going on what Peter fury has said on Twitter, I don't have twitter but go on there occasionally to keep up with news.

:D Whatever happened to the simple telephone !

Must admit some of you boys are far more clued up on heavyweight fighters around the world than me i find it hard to get any real enthusiasm for the division these days.....it seems a shame to me when names like Ustinov,Arreola,Perez,Glazkov etc are genuine contenders all in the run in for the greatest prize in sport !