Watched it this morning the opponent was just all wrong for him Burns needs space and the guy didnt allow him any....but it was a fight i know Tony Simms genuinely thought they could win......put up a brave display though i had him 3 or 4 rounds down without the points taken.........nice kid Ricky Burns does his pal still come on here who i used to natter to i forget your name now ?

Edited by gnasher16

Entertaining scrap...a slug fest in a phone box....those that said Burns is washed up...got it wrong...

ye i agree. theres still some fights in RB.

looked good when he could get some distance and get his punches off...reminded me a bit of Tony Sibson, Kev Finnegan and those Brit fighters i enjoyed as a teenager

Entertaining scrap...a slug fest in a phone box....those that said Burns is washed up...got it wrong...

looked good when he could get some distance and get his punches off...reminded me a bit of Tony Sibson, Kev Finnegan and those Brit fighters i enjoyed as a teenager

Great era for British middleweights that was i know Minter raves about how tough Kevin Finnegan was and with 45 rounds against him he should know........and his brother Chris was no slouch either.

• Like 1

Gutsy performance and what looked like a really hard night's work for Burns. Not sure what next for Ricky, but don't see him making any impact on the world light welter scene. Always thought Burns was never the greatest talent but a guy that grafted really hard and deserved everything he got out of the sport. Sad to hear he's got money troubles now. Hopefully he can get a few decent pay days before it's time to pack in. Would hate to see him having to carry on beyond his time just to pay the bills.

Great era for British middleweights that was i know Minter raves about how tough Kevin Finnegan was and with 45 rounds against him he should know........and his brother Chris was no slouch either.