• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There seems to be a hell of a lot to this feeding business...   Back in the day,...there was no need to be a Chemist,...we just fed em,.. what was to hand...   Maybe that was the wrong thing to d

So is giving the dogs wizz OK?

Before supplementing with ultimate oil I fed a lot of oily fish.   But her coat didn't shine like this...  

Posted Images

I wouldn’t expect it to be either good or bad, the complete will have more than just carbs to a greater degree than pasta, protein, fats etc, but as you feed plenty of meat this shouldn't be a problem unless really working hard.

I've looked into a few alternatives to pasta/rice as a bulker (rice being very good) I'm trying potatoes at the moment and it seems to do him really well. Plenty of energy and he enjoys it. Oats and quinoa are other great alternatives ;)

I don't know.....I heard about it on here, so I started using it haha......It sounds good on the bottle! I use a bit of cod liver or salmon oil as well.....just to make sure ;-)

Currently feeding 1 pound of raw meat, plus a good complete plus veg, and ultimate oil, thinking of cutting out the complete and replacing with Pasta, good or bad idea?

How big is the dog your feeding and how much complete are you feeding with a lb of meat?
  • Like 1

White potatoe and sweet potatoes are suppose to be a good carbohydrate source for dogs better than wheat maize ect, can't see the point in cooking up pasta everyday to replace the dry food as a carb source because pasta is just made from wheat which along with maize which is basically corn flakes is the main carb source in most complete dry dog food so I'd just carry on using the complete for carbs or even better a grain free complete, Google Millie's wolfheart dog food it's suppose to be a real good grain free complete with high meat content not tried it myself yet but am going to soon