Flaxseed Oil is effective in relief of itching and skin allergies whilst improving coat condition. It supports mobility and flexibility.

Coconut Oil aids digestion and contains antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral propertiees.

Rice Bran Oil is rich in antioxidants and is known to help reduce gastric ulcers by helping to maintain a healthy digestive system.

Sea Buck Oil contains SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) which is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant which helps boost the immune system. It also contains rare Omega 7 which aids rejuvenation and healing of soft tissue as well as Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene and Carotenoid which also helps skin repair.

You need to be a bit more sceptical Gaz, pretty much any oil has all those properties.

I could say Rape seed oils

"is effective in relief of itching and skin allergies whilst improving coat condition. It supports mobility and flexibility."

"aids digestion and contains antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral propertiees."

"is rich in antioxidants and is known to help reduce gastric ulcers by helping to maintain a healthy digestive system."

and it would be equally valid a statement.

Tesco’s own brand Ibuprofen; 30p is just the same a Nurofen at £2.50p just some hype, a price hike and a little gullibility.

A few warning signs of hype to watch out for are removes toxins, is antioxidant or increases/improve function of the immune system or has antibiotic/viral properties, these are pretty much nonsense claims.

Edited by sandymere

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There seems to be a hell of a lot to this feeding business...   Back in the day,...there was no need to be a Chemist,...we just fed em,.. what was to hand...   Maybe that was the wrong thing to d

So is giving the dogs wizz OK?

Before supplementing with ultimate oil I fed a lot of oily fish.   But her coat didn't shine like this...  

Posted Images

So is giving the dogs wizz OK? :hmm:

If you wanna keep weight down its the best..!

Seriously, feed the best you can but ensure that it's affordable, sustainable and easy...

In my expierience, most people are either bad feeders or take things over the top. Just find the middle ground and your dog will be fine..!!

Flaxseed Oil is effective in relief of itching and skin allergies whilst improving coat condition. It supports mobility and flexibility.

Coconut Oil aids digestion and contains antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral propertiees.

Rice Bran Oil is rich in antioxidants and is known to help reduce gastric ulcers by helping to maintain a healthy digestive system.

Sea Buck Oil contains SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) which is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant which helps boost the immune system. It also contains rare Omega 7 which aids rejuvenation and healing of soft tissue as well as Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene and Carotenoid which also helps skin repair.

You need to be a bit more sceptical Gaz, pretty much any oil has all those properties.

"is effective in relief of itching and skin allergies whilst improving coat condition. It supports mobility and flexibility."

"is rich in antioxidants and is known to help reduce gastric ulcers by helping to maintain a healthy digestive system."

Tesco’s own brand Ibuprofen; 30p is just the same a Nurofen at £2.50p just some hype, a price hike and a little gullibility.

A few warning signs of hype to watch out for are removes toxins, is antioxidant or increases/improve function of the immune system or has antibiotic/viral properties, these are pretty much nonsense claims.

lol there you go gaz need I say anymore lol

Tescos own brand Ibuprofen; 30p is just the same a Nurofen at £2.50p just some hype, a price hike and a little gullibility.

lol there you go gaz need I say anymore lol

Do you believe everything you read? ???

• Like 1

Sandymere, im sure you are right about the claims etc. But the fact is the ultimate oil contains those 4 oils which we all know are beneficial to health.

You say rapeseed could make the same claims. Rapeseed is more expensive. Lol. And from only one source.

I know which I would rather use.

And going back to vegetable oil? Crisp n Dry. FFS you can't agree that's got more health benefits than the ultimate oil?

[quote name="Bosun11" post="

I agree with this. I've recently tried feeding raw with added bread/pasta/veg.dogs lost weight and condition although its possible I was behind on worming I feel it was my inability to be consistent and give them enough of what they needed. I've gone back to raw with gain 28 and leftovers with the odd tin of fish. World of difference in a week or so. Affordable and convenient.

If you can get Pig skin/heads add this to the daily food (very roughly - I add 3 kilos of pig skin/fat/head to 3 kilos of Bull heart and 2 kilos of tripe bulk it with potatoes and vegetables)

Edited to say this is a weeks food for mine.

This will add weight easily onto any dog and keep it there I know coz this tit of mine never stops and does miles everyday :thumbs:

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1

Sandymere, im sure you are right about the claims etc. But the fact is the ultimate oil contains those 4 oils which we all know are beneficial to health.

You say rapeseed could make the same claims. Rapeseed is more expensive. Lol. And from only one source.

And going back to vegetable oil? Crisp n Dry. FFS you can't agree that's got more health benefits than the ultimate oil?

How much is ultimate oli?

Crips and dry is 100% rapeseed oil at £1.25 per 500mls from Asda, Cod liver oil is £20 a litre at the local horse place.

How much is ultimate oli?

Crips and dry is 100% rapeseed oil at £1.25 per 500mls from Asda, Cod liver oil is £20 a litre at the local horse place.

???

Crisp and dry here we come ???

Currently feeding 1 pound of raw meat, plus a good complete plus veg, and ultimate oil, thinking of cutting out the complete and replacing with Pasta, good or bad idea?

How big is the dog your feeding and how much complete are you feeding with a lb of meat?

Whippet X bedlington X Whippet 21 inch 21.5 kilo three handfuls of complete.
This thing of mine is 25 ish tts and 26 kilo when I weighed him at the vet and he gets a pound of mince and a mug of complete and he does ok on that, if I give him leftovers or bread I decrease the amount of complete and if he's been out loads I up the amount of complete.
  • Like 1