Klitschko Vs Fury?

it's mental, harking back to valuev/haye, just because of the extremes of it, i believe there was nearly 7 stone weight difference!!!! how the f**k does that happen??? can you imagine that at any other weight? NUTS...

Yokel

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

herbie hyde ffs

I didn't much like fury at first ,,,but he grew on me a lot,,, I like the fact he can get hit,,,get knocked over,,,but gets back up and carries on to a win,,,,I think he will beat vlad now,,,think he'

lol there's always someone gonna crab " oh he beat a fighter on the way down " he can only fight and win who's put in front of him , and that's what he's been doing as far as I can make out. good luck

...and i also agree there should be a cap on the heavy weight devision....it's daft...

yokel

Should there have been a cap that prevented the likes of Joe Louis fighting Primo Carnera? Of course not..

At 6 ft 5 and a half Carnera was a big man but that cant be compared with the trends we are seeing today.

...and i also agree there should be a cap on the heavy weight devision....it's daft...

yokel

Should there have been a cap that prevented the likes of Joe Louis fighting Primo Carnera? Of course not..

i think carnera was that eras equivalent of valuev. an over sized freak with minimal skills...j.m.o.

Yokel

yokel

At 6 ft 5 and a half Carnera was a big man but that cant be compared with the trends we are seeing today.

He was as heavy as most large fighters today and towered nearly every fighter of that era, he was a freak of nature. That didn't stop great smaller fighters from beating him just like it doesn't today.

yokel

i think carnera was that eras equivalent of valuev. an over sized freak with minimal skills...j.m.o.

Yokel

Correct and he was defeated by the better, smaller fighters of that time.

yokel

He was as heavy as most large fighters today and towered nearly every fighter of that era, he was a freak of nature. That didn't stop great smaller fighters from beating him just like it doesn't today.

Can you not see the irony in what you are saying ?..............the fact we remember a fighter like Carnera from near 100 years ago is because he was a freak ......do you think Tyson Fury or David Price will be remembered in the next 100 years if they win a world title ?.........Carnera was a freak of boxing being an average fighter of huge dimensions....today its becoming the norm........................how can that be a good thing !!!............or should we just do away with weight divisions altogether ?

Edited by gnasher16

yokel

Can you not see the irony in what you are saying ?..............the fact we remember a fighter like Carnera from near 100 years ago is because he was a freak ......do you think Tyson Fury or David Price will be remembered in the next 100 years if they win a world title ?.........Carnera was a freak of boxing being an average fighter of huge dimensions....today its becoming the norm........................how can that be a good thing !!!............or should we just do away with weight divisions altogether ?
My point is there were bigger less skilled fighters than Carnera back in the day that didn't win the title, that alone busts the myth that size is everything.

Wlad would knock Fury out, his chin is packing glass that's for sure.

yeah he some puncher that robot :laugh: he throws a couple of jabs and hangs on rest of the round for dear life .rest assured hes never ever been in the fight tys going to bring to him ,and when hes made to fight the robots very vulnerable .hes not going to jump all over ty .hes going to be fighting every second and being roughed up inside and out side .if he wins he wins .but hes going to be made to fight like hes never before to do it .and tys very very capable of beating the robot .and beat him he will :thumbs:
Yeah you're right Wlad is a great puncher, one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of all time. Wlad will be shattering some glass that's for sure, let's not forget China chin was put flat on his ass by Steve Cunnigham, a feather fisted pumped up Cruiserweight. Wlad feasts on the bigger fighters, and Fury won't even take the fight mark my words...
Yeah and if you watch the fight again with Steve Cunningham he gets hit with another shot just like the one that knocked Him down later on in the match and he takes it absolutely fine, he just got caught when he was of balance, watch it again and you'll see, plus he was more concerned about pulling his shorts up than hurt from the punch and was back on solid legs and broke and knocked Cunningham out! If you are that confident he won't even take the fight I'll have a bet with you now any amount
I'll happily have a bet with you two if Fury dare take the fight, I'm rubbing my hands together at the thought tbh...

name a time and place once contracts are signed and we meet up and deposit the money jointly .and on here in front of thl members chops il have a thousand pounds with you ty takes the fight .. dont throw insults pal about sacks of shit etc .

A thousand pounds?? Should I book an holiday now then? Lol

so are you taking the bet ? or are just going to post silly replys ?

yeah he some puncher that robot :laugh: he throws a couple of jabs and hangs on rest of the round for dear life .rest assured hes never ever been in the fight tys going to bring to him ,and when hes made to fight the robots very vulnerable .hes not going to jump all over ty .hes going to be fighting every second and being roughed up inside and out side .if he wins he wins .but hes going to be made to fight like hes never before to do it .and tys very very capable of beating the robot .and beat him he will :thumbs:
Yeah you're right Wlad is a great puncher, one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of all time. Wlad will be shattering some glass that's for sure, let's not forget China chin was put flat on his ass by Steve Cunnigham, a feather fisted pumped up Cruiserweight. Wlad feasts on the bigger fighters, and Fury won't even take the fight mark my words...
Yeah and if you watch the fight again with Steve Cunningham he gets hit with another shot just like the one that knocked Him down later on in the match and he takes it absolutely fine, he just got caught when he was of balance, watch it again and you'll see, plus he was more concerned about pulling his shorts up than hurt from the punch and was back on solid legs and broke and knocked Cunningham out! If you are that confident he won't even take the fight I'll have a bet with you now any amount
I'll happily have a bet with you two if Fury dare take the fight, I'm rubbing my hands together at the thought tbh...

name a time and place once contracts are signed and we meet up and deposit the money jointly .and on here in front of thl members chops il have a thousand pounds with you ty takes the fight .. dont throw insults pal about sacks of shit etc .

I'll definitely take the bet if Fury has the balls to get in with him.

yokel

My point is there were bigger less skilled fighters than Carnera back in the day that didn't win the title, that alone busts the myth that size is everything.

Can you name one?

yokel

Can you name one?

Buddy Baer... Next....

yokel

Its not everything of course its not.......but the proof is there that its playing a bigger and bigger part in the heavyweight division....... and that cant be a good thing for boxing or sport in general.

Edited by gnasher16

yokel

Its not everything of course its not.......but the proof is there that its playing a bigger and bigger part in the heavyweight division....... and that cant be a good thing.

So what do you suggest? They introduce a division that's governed by height? A good little un will more than likely beat a poor big un. If Mike Tyson met Tyson Fury we all know what would happen and that's going to both extremes as far as size is concerned.

yokel

Its not everything of course its not.......but the proof is there that its playing a bigger and bigger part in the heavyweight division....... and that cant be a good thing.

So what do you suggest? They introduce a division that's governed by height? A good little un will more than likely beat a poor big un. If Mike Tyson met Tyson Fury we all know what would happen and that's going to both extremes as far as size is concerned.

Not by height no.........why not just make the weight division rules apply that apply in the rest of the boxing world ?........a welterweight is not allowed to fight a middleweight because the 13 lb weight difference is considered an unfair advantage.................................but if you are a heavyweight 60 lb is not considered an advantage ???

The heavyweight limit was set in 1885..... 14 stone 4 lbs is no longer a particularly great weight for athletes to reach any more.

Do you think it fair that there is no real place in the sport of boxing for a standard 15 stone man ? which is a pretty common conditioned weight these days.

Theres 25 lb between light heavy and cruiserweight.......put another 35 lb between heavy and super heavyweight and let the basketball players have their own title.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

I'll definitely take the bet if Fury has the balls to get in with him.

what about the grand bet ive offered you that ty signs the contract to fight .as you initially said ty wont sign ? as for fighting and winning we will cover any bet you want no matter how much it is .cmon money talks .i can trade bollox on here all day with you .