Hw100 Or Daystate Huntsman Regal??

I have both, HW100 in . 22 and Huntsman Classic (not Regal) in .177.

They both good rifles and I never had problem with either. Weihrauch is supreme engineering-wise, with it's reloading system preventing double loading and very good magazines. Daystate looks better. I use more HW than Huntsman but it is in large part about calibre.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HW 100 is becoming legendary in the air gun hunting world and hearing of one breaking down is rare. Daystate Huntsman Regal is becoming legendarily "CRAP" in the air gun hunting world - renowned for

Really it's down to Daystate to build their rifles like their competition from Air Arms and Weihrauch does.. Or they will go broke and into receivership as more and more people get fed up with having

Had both but still have the HW100 , the regal is a lovely looking gun and easy to shoulder , but that is where it stops ,comes under powered , coating comes of the shroud and trigger guard , shroud r

Posted Images

Had both but still have the HW100 , the regal is a lovely looking gun and easy to shoulder , but that is where it stops ,comes under powered , coating comes of the shroud and trigger guard , shroud rattles ,pellet got stuck in the hammer because of taking a angled shot , it goes on and on ,in fact Daystate had my gun more times than I did ,over priced over rated pile of crap and that's putting politely.

In the end had my money back and got another HW100KT .177 to match my HW100kt .22

HW100 in any format all day long :thumbs:

• Like 3

All I can add to this is, I bought my Daystate Regal .177 on the sheer good looks of the rifle alone. I simply expected it to perform at 11+ foot pounds energy. It didn't produce anywhere near. You can see the pellet loop its way to the target in the scvope with less velocity thump than a .177 should have; and more trajectory loop than a .22!. Also it's build-quality is flimsy. The barrel shroud rotates a little when you screw on/off a silencer. Other lads here have had other issues with theirs; such as stiff bolts, poor finishes that peel off, loose rattle of the barrel shroud. Shockingly bad issues that have place on any rifle, let alone once costing 800 quid!.

After sending it back to Daystate for servicing and repairs, it came back here two months later no better than it went away. Another minus point.

I paid a gunsmith who knows PCPs to take out the ridiculous anti-tamper device that seems to bugger the works up, tune it up and tighten up the shroud. It's a lot better now but, I have spring rifles that can blow it out of the water for rugged reliability. The Regal is amzingly accurate and consistent. But that's all I can honestly say for it.

But my experience has not inspired my to buy a second one in .22 which I would like to have to match as a pair, as well as use confidently against the rabbits and squirrels.

From here on I am loyally staying a Weihrauch man to the end. I will not buy any more rifles from any other maker. My Weihrauch spring rifles can match this Regal for accuracy and outgun it for sheer hard punch and knockdown power. The Germans are masters at building guns that work...beautifully.

EDITED TO ADD.

I think in all fairness to Daystate they really have to decide who they are making airguns for. The hunter who wants a rifle to kill vermin humanely with? or the Law who will come down heavily on anyone producing a gun that exceeds 12 ft/lbs by so much as a whisker without a licence.

If I was making an air rifle commercially, I would set the power to as near 12 ft.lbs as I possibly can. It will leave my factory with an authenticated test certificate showing it is below legal limit of 12 ft/lbs only with a variety of pellet types.

All the best.

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 3

Personally would not buy either had my Axsor [Raider] for many years and sold it just to have a change big mistake as bought a Hw100 - just cannot get on with it, has a great mag system but even that weighs a ton the gun has been here 3 weeks and certainly not a hunting rifle absolutely knackered carrying it!

For ratting it must be simply brilliant static hunting but tried it with nv on and way too heavy the stock is very heavy!

Price in a alloy tube £150 and a spare stock so you can custom it another £110 on the plus side I like the fresh design and quality but still no better than my Axsor for accuracy.

Got a venom viper now [half the price of the Hw] but just a 2 shot it really is nice and worth having!

Daystate not for me!

• Like 2

The raider that engr82 is on about used to be mine i made her what she is a legend she is a proper brumie one made in this country and i can tell you i got some stick off the lads off here for letting her go iv taken 1000,s of pray down with her

she is part of thl and all ways will be id match her against any gaystate any time .

She will be coming home some day

and she will be staying never to be sold again FULL STOP

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'm going to make a statement

I've had a a&m cylinder fitted to my 100 t , the new a&m mod stuck on the end ,

And now I it's lighter and a lot more quiter , and to be honest deadly accurate

I'm loving it , and now going to sell my daystate mk4 is , as I don't use it

Don't mean I'm converted tho , but credit where credit is due it's friggin brilliant

So there you go

VM and the rest of the believers

Atb

Dave

Don't mean I'm converted tho , but credit where credit is due it's friggin brilliant

So there you go

Atb

Dave

What a turn up for the books , I never thought you would turn in to a normal person , you must of taken those blinkers off :tongue2::laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

Really it's down to Daystate to build their rifles like their competition from Air Arms and Weihrauch does.. Or they will go broke and into receivership as more and more people get fed up with having to pay outside gunsmiths to finish off the job and bring the rifles up to acceptable standards of performance and fit. It took my chap less than 10 minutes to do what Daystate took two months to do; and failed to accomplish any improvement in power or fit whatsoever.

Or they will ultimately do what Villaman here has done and rightfully demanded his money back.

I'm all for buying British and seeing British workers have a job to go to, but, unfortunately you and I need a rifle we can rely upon to kill vermin humanely and cleanly. I do not for a minute in all my shooting years buy this utter crap I read in the airgun press of how someone can successfully hunt and kill vermin with less than 9 ft/lbs muzzle energy. It's a lie! The faster the velocity of pellet the more accurate the trajectory and killing power at reasonable ranges.

Minus-10 ft/lbs of muzzle energy might keep the law happy but to me, that is justifiable grounds for suing a manufacturer for misleading performance assurances, leading to un-necessary cruelty to animals...Even if they are just vermin.

Raise the legal limit to 20 ft lbs I say, and punish the culprits who misuse airguns and cause damage, injury or death with them. Not the makers or the gun itself or us law abiding citizens who shoot an air rifle with a mature sense of responsibility!.

• Like 3

Really it's down to Daystate to build their rifles like their competition from Air Arms and Weihrauch does.. Or they will go broke and into receivership as more and more people get fed up with having to pay outside gunsmiths to finish off the job and bring the rifles up to acceptable standards of performance and fit. It took my chap less than 10 minutes to do what Daystate took two months to do; and failed to accomplish any improvement in power or fit whatsoever.

Or they will ultimately do what Villaman here has done and rightfully demanded his money back.

I'm all for buying British and seeing British workers have a job to go to, but, unfortunately you and I need a rifle we can rely upon to kill vermin humanely and cleanly. I do not for a minute in all my shooting years buy this utter crap I read in the airgun press of how someone can successfully hunt and kill vermin with less than 9 ft/lbs muzzle energy. It's a lie! The faster the velocity of pellet the more accurate the trajectory and killing power at reasonable ranges.

Minus-10 ft/lbs of muzzle energy might keep the law happy but to me, that is justifiable grounds for suing a manufacturer for misleading performance assurances, leading to un-necessary cruelty to animals...Even if they are just vermin.

Raise the legal limit to 20 ft lbs I say, and punish the culprits who misuse airguns and cause damage, injury or death with them. Not the makers or the gun itself or us law abiding citizens who shoot an air rifle with a mature sense of responsibility!.

Hear,hear

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

So there you go

Atb

Dave

You just nailed it mate as I mentioned in previous post a new cylinder is required so add that in to your budget and it becomes a expensive bit of kit the silencer on the Hw100 is as light as they come so don't understand changing that??

Believe me im trying to get on with the Hw but it has a very thick pistol like grip which I liked at first - got big hands but becomes tired from holding when waiting on.

Must be me getting old!

It still is cumbersome ie the stock dreading using it when season starts as will be a nightmare to carry with a couple of bunnies in hand whether in case or to hand.

But there again you had a Daystate mk4 that looks heavy??