Terrier Age

No look at ur dog and the answer will be written all over it thats the dog telling you if the dogs condition deteriorate and take a long time recover after work it's time to retire but as l say you got to know ur dog if he keep in condition and can look after himself work him till he hundred let him tell you

• Like 1

Dogs, like us humans are defined by how much graft they do in their prime .The more they do the faster the body wears out.The saying hard work never killed anyone is bollocks take it from me .To expect a terrier to graft when the mind is strong but the body is week speaks volumes about the owner .If someone expected me to shovel 20 tons of soil at my age I would tell them to do one but 20 years ago I would just do it .Use your commen sense as to when your grafter has had enough physically .No shame in retirement .

• Like 9

the best terriers are still brought out . after retirement. just to give them one last crack. or to show a youngster how its done. its really hard to leave a good old dog indoors. :yes: and sad to see em grow old and the fire in there eyes grow dim :cray:

• Like 5

A brave old dog will show you his mind during the work and he will show you his heath in the kennel.

Don't judge this old dog during the job, but after. If he needs a long time to rest, perhaps became too weak.

• Like 10

Maybe its cause people on here only think black dogs work and can only be hard when theres good and bad in all breeds it just happens that some have gone down the show and money road more than other breeds I dont care what it is if I dig and its there with its quarry