Foxes !

I lived in paramatta just outside sydney I was there for few months had a few nights out with some lads from near the blue mountains,a lot of traveling like running dogs of back of pick ups ( Uts ) and then the second time I was there I was up near cairns a lot of Roos in both places and town foxes, some place oz .

Only thing I wish I had done but never was wild boar and Roos .

Did some good fishing sea and river

Yeah I'm heading up to the snowy mountains tomorrow for a 6 day pig hunt. That bitch was bred for and originally used for pigs. She went alright

Good luck post me some pictures my son on about coming over for a year to play rugby league and work over next year

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its easy to blame the dog. most lurchers that quit are entered to early and entered badly. by either imature or ignorant owners . that tend to be over enthusiastic or frustrated. sure a large percenta

Dogs descended from wolves are used to killing for food and used to killing animals that are born prey animals whos biggest defence is to run. In other words its not natural to kill a fox to eat (exce

Good single handed fox dogs are realistically few and far between. Foxing is my game and we do a lot of it. Hunting converts at weekends and lamping. I've brought lads out from up and down the country

Posted Images

I lived in paramatta just outside sydney I was there for few months had a few nights out with some lads from near the blue mountains,a lot of traveling like running dogs of back of pick ups ( Uts ) and then the second time I was there I was up near cairns a lot of Roos in both places and town foxes, some place oz .

Yeah I'm heading up to the snowy mountains tomorrow for a 6 day pig hunt. That bitch was bred for and originally used for pigs. She went alright

Good luck post me some pictures my son on about coming over for a year to play rugby league and work over next year

Will do, any idea on where he's thinking of playing? I've got some contacts in some of the feeder teams for the NRL

No but not yet but a friend I meet

Will do, any idea on where he's thinking of playing? I've got some contacts in some of the feeder teams for the NRL

No but not yet but a friend I meet

No worries, let me know where he's thinking of playing when you know I might be able to get him into one of the better clubs

• Like 1

Some dogs will do fox, some wont.

but I do believe a lot of dogs that don't do the job have not been entered properly or been tryed far too early.

You don't have to have a bull x with loads of scares to have a good fox dog IMO a good fox dog won't take too much punishment and apart from the strike and getting its self where it needs to be, it should not take any punishment after that.

just because a dog can kill a fox does not make it a good fox dog.

Best fox dog I've seen was a little bitch 22tts collie/grey beddy/whip/grey.

• Like 1

It's got bugger all to do with size. . . . .

Some animals don't like getting hurt/bit, it's just that simple. . . . . maybe they realise that the quarry isn't food. . . . and don't think its worth it.

Getting bit by a fox doesn't hurt a small dog any more than a big dog.. . . . .

In nature, for the most part, unnecessary injury is avoided. . . . .

In some dogs, we've bred that right out, other we haven't.

what im saying is people believe they got a out n out fox machine cause its taken loads of stubble foxes.testing a fox dog is when they winters here.stronger,adult,cleverer,and fiercer.and yes I do believe a winter dog fox will bite harder than a smaller vixen.took 56 last year night.24 daytime.

I think you missed my point buddy.

I was referring to the size of the dog, not the size of the fox.

I.E Just because a dog is big, don't make it hard. . . . . mentally or physically.

Just cos a dog looks tough, doesn't mean its up for a scrap.

However, a good big fox dog, will probably out perform an equally as good, small fox dog. . . . over the course of time, if enough foxes are there to go at. Mainly due to the effort / punishment needed / inflicted.

But having said that, with regard to foxes, you also can't always judge by the size of the beast. As said, some smaller foxes are like decking banshees and some of the bigger ones, are not much cop. . . . it's just like anything in life, they are all individuals.

And finally, the jaws of a small vixen, through a dogs foot, probably hurts more than the jaws of a big dog fox snapping at the head. . . . . . .

I'm out.you reckon some dogs don't try cause they realise a fox isn't food.and you know what hurts a dog or fox more depending on where bitten.how many fox do you take a year.

I'm not really sure why you are making this into an argument?

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just thought you had mis understood my post, as I wasn't suggesting that a big fox would bite less hard than a smaller one. . . . . . .

But merely that you cannot judge a dogs heart, drive, or toughness, on it's size or look, which I think is a fair assertion?

And no, i'm not suggesting that I can read a dogs mind, but it's just a wild guess, that getting bitten in some places, hurts more than others.

With regard to the food argument, I was just musing that some dogs seem to have no interest at all in things which bite back, and yet show real grit in other areas, so again, not suggesting its a fact, or even a good theory, but who knows, it doesn't make a lot of sense, why some big dogs won't take a fox, when they don't appear to be wankers generally?

I'm sure that you take far more foxes than me a year, as it's illegal and I keep within the law. However, I still think I'm allowed to muse on these things.

But maybe i'd be better sticking to.

"Nice dog mate" .

:thumbs:

no argument here ideation,i like the banter and reading different peoples ideas,or experiances.and I also not a fan of ..nice dog.....or if you were closer.............and finally ...if my kennel was nt full. no rudeness or bad feeling meant on my part my friend.

• Like 1

My dad had a dog years ago a deerhound x greyhound. This bitch would take and dispatch foxes no problem at all on her own and also with his other dog. She went crazy at the sight of them and accounted for many over the years but the strange thing was that she would not take them if another dog was there apart from the one she lived with. Take them fine on her own and with the dog she lived with but not with another different dog. Anyone ever had a dog like that?