Make Your Own Tools Thread.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok a lot of folks showing interest in the deer antler Opinels i have been doing so did a step by step tutorial when i made Flackos one.Posting here to keep all my stuff on one thread.   Use surclip

Thanks Guys, Glad you like them.   Heres the latest made it today. It's a Opinel No 12. Carved a wolf paw on the end of the handle.              

Thanks again for the feedback, hope i didn't bore you with too much detail. Job now complete, couple of pics with stove fitted and first fire, works a treat and much more efficient/ controllable than

Posted Images

Handy tip for anyone that uses a belt sander. An old tube of set silicone cleans them up really well. Do them frequently to stop them getting beyond recovery. Just sand the tube, plastic and all. Takes them up sharp & like new.

P1050383_zps7u1irc0i.jpg

P1050384_zpsur1ywa1e.jpg

P1050387_zpsxgkaccao.jpg

Or you can just use a piece of garden hose works exactly the same. :thumbs:

TC

• Like 1

Handy tip for anyone that uses a belt sander. An old tube of set silicone cleans them up really well. Do them frequently to stop them getting beyond recovery. Just sand the tube, plastic and all. Takes them up sharp & like new.

P1050383_zps7u1irc0i.jpg

P1050384_zpsur1ywa1e.jpg

P1050387_zpsxgkaccao.jpg

Or you can just use a piece of garden hose works exactly the same. :thumbs:

TC

Good to know TC. If i run out of off silicone i will start on the hose :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Went to empty my workshop bins at the local amenities site and ended up doing a very successful spot of dumpster diving this evening. Don't know what was getting cleared out but i filled 3 25ltr bins (that i had just emptied) with old tools and a couple of other lads were doing the same. Loads of stuff to clean up and use or adapt into other tools........everything on the table......even a sword amongst that lot!

P1050551_zpstqviigzx.jpg

My lad already claimed this little gem........and spent the evening cleaning it up. Didn't even get a chase to take a before pic.....needless to say it didn't look anything like it does now!

P1050576_zpsgshuypna.jpg

P1050568_zpsit5oytdu.jpg

P1050567_zpskxrworum.jpg

P1050565_zpsawfveten.jpg

P1050561_zpsf1rqb1et.jpg

P1050558_zpsvmqnwzki.jpg

P1050554_zpspxtb5zsx.jpg

• Like 3

That's an old naval or commando knife isn't it ? Quite collectible I believe ... very nice .....

Not entirely sure. I was asking over on Brittishblades forum and someone said navy as well.

It is rely well made not a lock knife but may as well be as it opens with a good snap and takes a fair bit of pressure to get it to fold again.

Similar in appearance to those army issue ones with the black plastic scales but a bit bigger and a lot more robust.

If anyone else knows any history on it i would love to know.

Good find nice to have a piece of history . Be good if you could find out about the name on it .

Possibility? http://www.ancestry.com/1940-census/usa/Missouri/F-J-Biggs_3bnk0n

or http://www.ancestry.com/1940-census/usa/Missouri/Fred-J-Biggs-Junior_35bszz[/quote

No British F J Biggs ? .. might be a relative of Ronnie ?..?