was interesting reading the low carb diet thread on peoples ideas on losing weight etc.

does anyone here follow any unusual diets?

i like intermittent fasting,the best for me being the warrior diet,under eat all day and over eat 3 hours before bed,to put it simply.

works well if you're busy,but when everything's calmed down here i'll go back onto 7 small high protein meals a day and then alternate between those 2 diets.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eat less + work out more = weight loss   Been saying it for years. Apparently I'm lacking in empathy and compassion, and its never a fat person's fault that they are fat...

I follow the whole food diet.........             the whole packet of biscuits, the whole bottle of Coke, the whole packet of popcorn........

21 it not bad mochara,,,,but them things can be way off,,,lots of very fit lads that carry a bit of muscle can be way over,,,,,the best measuring tool,,,,is the mirror,,,and just be honest when you lo

Posted Images

I don't believe in diets as such

Just sensible healthy eating alongside exercise

Eating no later than 8pm

City out all fried foods ' bread and sugar.

Right amount of sleep

5-6 healthy balanced intake of food daily

Start with a good slow energy release breakfast of porridge and fruit bit of honey

Chicken' steak' Rice' veg' Fruit.

Stick to that and you won't get to 21 clem :)

intermittent fasting has worked very well for everyone i know whos tried it,it would be almost the polar opposite to how you do things by the look of it.

i cant speak highly enough of it tbh,dont get sick on it,loads of energy,good skin and hair (apparently :icon_redface: ),all sorts of health benefits.

only problem for me is i cant build much muscle on it.

was interesting reading the low carb diet thread on peoples ideas on losing weight etc.

does anyone here follow any unusual diets?

i like intermittent fasting,the best for me being the warrior diet,under eat all day and over eat 3 hours before bed,to put it simply.

works well if you're busy,but when everything's calmed down here i'll go back onto 7 small high protein meals a day and then alternate between those 2 diets.

How does that Warrior diet work.....seems to go against everything ive ever read.

I think the best advice I've ever seen is Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper....( something like that).

I can fully understand how that could work as your eating lots in the morning to burn off all day. I've struggled on that as I like a nice cooked meal at night after a day's hard graft.

intermittent fasting has worked very well for everyone i know whos tried it,it would be almost the polar opposite to how you do things by the look of it.

i cant speak highly enough of it tbh,dont get sick on it,loads of energy,good skin and hair (apparently :icon_redface: ),all sorts of health benefits.

At the risk of getting shot to shit for daring to buck tradition I wouldn't mind discussing this with you?

The fasting type diets work because on average you achieve a calorie deficit as the periods of binging are physically limiting, you just can't over eat this way. The 5:2 diet is a good example, the studies have shown that on the 5 feasting days people didn't eat more than 110% what they would in a normal day. Combining this with the two 600 calorie days results in a net weekly calorie deficit. This warrior diet sounds like it's taking a similar principle only over a 1 day period than a week period. There was a Horizon episode that explained all this if interested.

Everyone knows to gain lean mass you have to work to a calorie surplus, among a few other requirements, so you might find that this fast/binge type diet is great for maintaining your current weight and even cutting but doesn't allow you the ability to get the calories you need to stimulate muscle growth.

There are a lot of reported and documented benefits from fasting type diets though including improved intelligence. :thumbs:

At the risk of getting shot to shit for daring to buck tradition I wouldn't mind discussing this with you?

The fasting type diets work because on average you achieve a calorie deficit as the periods of binging are physically limiting, you just can't over eat this way. The 5:2 diet is a good example, the studies have shown that on the 5 feasting days people didn't eat more than 110% what they would in a normal day. Combining this with the two 600 calorie days results in a net weekly calorie deficit. This warrior diet sounds like it's taking a similar principle only over a 1 day period than a week period. There was a Horizon episode that explained all this if interested.

Everyone knows to gain lean mass you have to work to a calorie surplus, among a few other requirements, so you might find that this fast/binge type diet is great for maintaining your current weight and even cutting but doesn't allow you the ability to get the calories you need to stimulate muscle growth.

There are a lot of reported and documented benefits from fasting type diets though including improved intelligence. :thumbs:

This makes sense.

After trying to bulk at the gym, 5/6 days a week I wanted to go on holiday so i stupidly trained as much but went on a very low calorie intake. Lost muscle and fat but looked thin and lost strength. Annoyed me

Bulking is ace as you can eat pretty much what you want when you want and not give two hoots really as long as you're going hard in the gym.

Cutting though is a very delicate balance as you will lose both fat and muscle, as some have found out.

The target I went for was 1lb of weight per week loss to get a good balance between losing fat but also maintaining as much muscle as possible. I saw the shape i was under the cloak of squidge and bulked back up a bit going heavy on the areas I wanted to improve and now I'm just starting my next cut.

The dieting from fasting is secondary to it's initial objective..which is to allow your internal organs a day off, something they normally never get, they say one day a week will get you 3 added yrs life expectancy (or something similar). Stanley Mathews employed the tactic...without googling i think i recall reading he played football to a minor level till just post 70 yrs.