If God Made Everything, Who Made Him ?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody, it is all a figment of people's imaginations.

My god! If I read one more time that the big bang theory is something from nothing I'm going to have a big f***ing bang of my own.

A little thought on faith;   Faith is belief in the absence of proof, right? But it's a mistake to think all faith is equal. It varies with evidence, between complete faith in a statement that has z

Posted Images

" only 13% said they were a convinced athiest "........How does it work with this athiesm then are you an unconvinced athiest until such time as somebody convinces you to be a convinced athiest ?

I was under the impression that agnostics believe only what they know/knowledge whereas theists and athiests believe in......well belief !........so how can anybody be an unconvinced athiest ? you either believe or you dont :blink:

Edited by gnasher16

" only 13% said they were a convinced athiest "........How does it work with this athiesm then are you an unconvinced athiest until such time as somebody convinces you to be a convinced athiest ?

I was under the impression that agnostics believe only what they know/knowledge whereas theists and athiests believe in......well belief !........so how can anybody be an unconvinced athiest ? you either believe or you dont :blink:

China is an interesting one, I was very surprised at that figure.....they do say that generally the more affluent countries are less religious, so why are the Brits near the bottom? lol

I don't actually know that many people personally that would really label themselves......do you think that has something to do with only 13% convinced? I think a lot folk just aren't thinking much about it these days.....may never have a religious thought & at the same time reluctant to label themselves one way or the other, perhaps?

Edited by Accip74

I think a lot of people are basically atheists, but through social conditioning feel that it would be somehow unlucky to deny there is a god.

Kind of hedging there bets just in case, quite irrational I know.

For the most part I think most rarely give it much thought or care either way.

• Like 1

I think a lot folk just aren't thinking much about it these days.....may never have a religious thought & at the same time reluctant to label themselves one way or the other, perhaps?

I agree with that....in Britain i just dont think that many people really have any reason to think about religion it doesnt affect them either way... people dont need to think for themself here we get fed and housed without having to put any thought into it we can just hold our hands out.... whereas in poorer countries religion might be the only real hope some people have and so God becomes an integral part of their daily lives.

Here's something for you to think about.

When they liberated Mauthausen Concentration camp, they found, carved into the wall of cell block twenty, by a prisoner, the words. . .

"If there is a God, he will have to beg my forgiveness"

• Like 3

It blows my mind that people genuinely believe in a god!!

What I find even more bizarre is if someone was to tell tales similarly as bonkers as those in the bible they'd be thought of as insane as we know in this day and age through science etc that what is written in that book is fairy tales believed by people that at the time of it's writing knew no better.

• Like 1

What I find even more bizarre is if someone was to tell tales similarly as bonkers as those in the bible they'd be thought of as insane as we know in this day and age through science etc that what is written in that book is fairy tales believed by people that at the time of it's writing knew no better.

Well.....you are in the minority mate :thumbs:

The definitions are a little shaky. You're either a theist, agnostic, or atheist. Yes, Not Sure, No.

China is an interesting one, I was very surprised at that figure.....they do say that generally the more affluent countries are less religious, so why are the Brits near the bottom? lol

I don't actually know that many people personally that would really label themselves......do you think that has something to do with only 13% convinced? I think a lot folk just aren't thinking much about it these days.....may never have a religious thought & at the same time reluctant to label themselves one way or the other, perhaps?

I agree with that. For me, religious belief is a product of geography. Most believers were indoctrinated as kids. Britains secular shift is starting to show in it's population as the poll shows. China has been hardcore communist since post WW2. The majority of their population has grown up under 'state is the religion.'

The Japanese killed over 12m Chinese people, in WW2! I'd say f**k your religion as well!

Well.....you are in the minority mate :thumbs:

Alas“It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled seas of thought.”

John Kenneth Galbraith

Being in the minority of a world that struggles with basic education for the majority isn’t a bad thing, after all “The definition of ignorant is to do without knowing better. The definition of stupid is to know better and do it anyway.” (From your own signature) So if one, as most, has never really looked at the bible as a whole they are but ignorant but if one has looked and still believes? Well that just leaves……………………..

• Like 3

Japanese religon is evoloution, they even done scientifis experiments to prove they evolved furtherst lol

Some ignorant statments, on here

You're correct on ignorant statements.

The Japanese state religion, during WW2 was Shintoism. It included a belief that the emporer of Japan was a divine being. It was manipulated to allow for the extension of government and ultimately their involvement in the war.

Dismantling it as the state religion was one of the conditions of Japanese surrender.

Japanese technological advancement came later... As you can see by the device in your hand.