Tough Going

i have to be picky where i run the dog lot of arable land but tough to expect a dog to run this ground day in day out without injury's,had a little 21tts saluki/grey collie whip type that coped very well small light bitch with decent feet,think you be hard pushed to find the perfect runner for this type of land though,or would you?

this isnt just a snap shot theres thousands of acres of fields round here covered in the stuff unfortunately

20150309_154638_zpsnxsotxha.jpg

i could double the size of my permission if i could find a dog that could cope with this lol

my dogs would be f****d fast if they had to run on that

no good for a heavy bull x type and such like,you need something light and nimble and even then your continually pushing your luck
I ran my dh x,s on something similar there feet was cut to bits it was only the one field so I don't run on that anymore just shoot it

my dogs would be f****d fast if they had to run on that

no good for a heavy bull x type and such like,you need something light and nimble and even then your continually pushing your luck

Bullx type doesnt have to be heavy..Ive one 26tts and 64lb fit half cross.He runs stoney ground week in week out. Hes got great feet and a big engine. That ground is bad you have there but I think perhaps a Saluki type should run it perhaps? because a lot of dessert is like that I think,not all sand but very rough..

Saluki's have a smoother gait than greyhound crosses so I would of thought they'd cope better than most?

I've run Tess on stuff like that several times and apart from the occasional broken nail she was fine and she's a fair lump of dog So I guess as long as they've got good hard feet most should cope okay?

we used to run some land like that near pure salukis were ok but heavy running types failed .I saw a gang of travelers one day looking at a field like that I said wats up lads. they don't know whether to have a run or get on and tarmac the f****r atb two crows

• Like 2