Done My Back In Any Help Or Advice

hi folks ive done my back in on the lower left side. i can hardly feckin walk and get a sharp pain not unlike a bad cramp that drops me like a stone one minute i'm trying to walk the next i'm on the deck. in a fair bit of pain :icon_eek: . the doc has given me pain killers and anti inflamatories and says the muscle may be pressing on a nerve. i was wondering if any of you have had the same and how did it work out. :hmm:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to get down your local chemist mate and grab yourself a bottle of ... Man the f**k up lol .......

Don't let them fob you off with tabs get referred to the physio. My docs kept prescribing tablets (over a few years) and the xray showed nothing because my problem is muscular. I paid for a few differ

you could try a tens machine that gives out electric pulses its suppose to relax the muscle theres a setting depending on how strong you want them but i think you need to know exactly whats wrong firs

hi folks ive done my back in on the lower left side. i can hardly feckin walk and get a sharp pain not unlike a bad cramp that drops me like a stone one minute i'm trying to walk the next i'm on the deck. in a fair bit of pain :icon_eek: . the doc has given me pain killers and anti inflamatories and says the muscle may be pressing on a nerve. i was wondering if any of you have had the same and how did it work out. :hmm:

I had a herniated disk last winter. Narrowing from arthritis, flattening a nerve. My symptoms were similar to yours. But it started with a small patch of numbness over my right hip bone. I declined a Cortisone shot and went through therapy. Very pretty blonde by the way. I think I'm fine know as long as I don't do much shoveling. The numbness acts as my early warning, and I try to be faithful to the exercises she gave me.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who went with the shot.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I had a herniated disk last winter. Narrowing from arthritis, flattening a nerve. My symptoms were similar to yours. But it started with a small patch of numbness over my right hip bone. I declined a Cortisone shot and went through therapy. Very pretty blonde by the way. I think I'm fine now as long as I don't do much shoveling. The numbness acts as my early warning, and I try to be faithful to the exercises she gave me.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who went with the shot.

Good luck!

I'm not sure why there is a second post. maybe a mod could get rid of it?

Edited by Mickey Finn

you could try a tens machine that gives out electric pulses its suppose to relax the muscle theres a setting depending on how strong you want them but i think you need to know exactly whats wrong first it could be anything from a pulled muscle to a slipped disc do you get a stabbing pain first thing in the morning and does your back feel like its on fire whatever it is i hope your sorted soon has theres nothing worst

• Like 3

Got a trapped nerve in me neck beggining of december mate only just had me mri scan done last week. Been in agony fxxked me left arm up and got numbness in my hand. Its another fortnight before get the results of mri scan back. Hope you get sorted quicker cleanspade atb taggy.

• Like 1

Don't let them fob you off with tabs get referred to the physio. My docs kept prescribing tablets (over a few years) and the xray showed nothing because my problem is muscular. I paid for a few different physios which is a dear hobby but eventually the doc referred me to a physio that visits the surgery once a week and he was the best by a mile and proved the private physios ripped me off.

• Like 3

I compressed three discs in my lower back had three months in bed with it thought i was fecked. Had loads of physio and had a needle up my spine (did not enjoy that) but it helped quite a bit.Thing that helped me the most was exercise and one of them massaging chairs well worth the couple of hundred quid more than paid for itself.worst thing about a bad back apart from the pain is walking about like you shit your self lol.

• Like 2

done mine in years ago tried everything & everyone nothing has cured it i just live with it now one thing i noticed after bad attacks was to get on my feet soon as i could never mind the pain lyeing in bed didnt help me ,tramadol mixed with 30/50 cocodamol eased the pain

• Like 1

Trapped a nerve about 5 years ago while training, led to sciatica, from my back down my left testy, right down my left leg to my foot, real annoying feeling, an pain, ended up getting on with an just man up as socks sid, lets just say I prayed for healing an got it :-)

my missus has a fcked back the spine is falling apart and compressing the nerves shes on 180 mil of morphine a day plus heavy duty pain killer and the best thing we have found is an inversion frame it turns you upside down and gravity does the rest your spine opens up trapped nerves get relief or pop back to where there supposed to be so get the missus to hang you out the bedroom window for an hour or two that will do the trick

• Like 2

I've had problems with my back over the years i found a back support i brought on the net helped alot just wear for a few days as not to rely on it, also i wear dealer boots now its a small thing but not bending down to mess around with laces after a long day helps.

Edited by Frontbum