The Underground Footage

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The above ground filming wasn't the best in this one but as the underground was interesting I thought it was worth making a video out of. Shame it wasn't easier to purse net! I went back with th

are they green /young ferrets good filming

How unlucky was that first rabbit. Got him though. Fair play.

Thanks for sharing this very interesting bit of footage.

I think you need a good Hob mate. :thumbs:

I can see now why some of the rabbits I pull out are destroyed on the forehead...my hobs kills them when they present themselves like that,It looks as though they have been hit by a hammer in between the eyes. I have a little Gill that works like them 2 of yours...it can bolt them all day long if they want to bolt,But when push comes to shove,She lacks the power to bully them out of the holes..Don't get me wrong she locks on when she can,But cannot hold it in place without the bunny moving,especially when you get the spade above the bunny...Drives me mad...lol.

What camera do you use for the underground footage ?

are they green /young ferrets good filming :thumbs:

Enyo's young, she's not the best worker really, gives up too easily, but if I can't dig or if its late in the day ill use her so were not stuck waiting/digging. Athena's the one chasing it about and is a bit older, I was surprised to see her being so cautious because above ground she seems savage but a kick to the face would do that!

Thanks for sharing this very interesting bit of footage.

I think you need a good Hob mate. :thumbs:

I can see now why some of the rabbits I pull out are destroyed on the forehead...my hobs kills them when they present themselves like that,It looks as though they have been hit by a hammer in between the eyes. I have a little Gill that works like them 2 of yours...it can bolt them all day long if they want to bolt,But when push comes to shove,She lacks the power to bully them out of the holes..Don't get me wrong she locks on when she can,But cannot hold it in place without the bunny moving,especially when you get the spade above the bunny...Drives me mad...lol.

What camera do you use for the underground footage ?

I've got a hob (Athena's litter mate) actually took him back to the same warren yesterday to try and film the differences between the two sexes but the rabbit wasn't home. My hob pins them/kills in often and I can't always dig so the jills get the most work. I think as the rabbit had space to get around in that chamber it maybe had an advantage, might have been different in a narrow hole.

Have a few cameras, I try to use a GoPro if there's space, otherwise I use 'bullet cameras', ones called sports DV I think but batteries not great and the other doesn't have a name, cheap china make I think.

• Like 1

Enyo's young, she's not the best worker really, gives up too easily, but if I can't dig or if its late in the day ill use her so were not stuck waiting/digging. Athena's the one chasing it about and is a bit older, I was surprised to see her being so cautious because above ground she seems savage but a kick to the face would do that!

A slightly less keen ferret can be useful on areas you cant dig, I have an old landfill site I do and digging is near impossible.

Brilliant video btw.

Edited by pie-eater
  • Like 1