The Underground Footage

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The above ground filming wasn't the best in this one but as the underground was interesting I thought it was worth making a video out of. Shame it wasn't easier to purse net! I went back with th

are they green /young ferrets good filming

How unlucky was that first rabbit. Got him though. Fair play.

would it be possible to have a camera on the ferret? anyone heard of that being done before?

I think I would be really interesting to see but not sure if there are small enough camera available or if its safe for the ferret?

Simon Whiteheads had a go and Its whats I tried initially. For the ferret to move around the camera needs to be tight to the body but all you get is fur on shot and even the the ferret struggles to change direction in the hole etc. Extend it out a bit and the ferret really struggles to get around. Not to mention dirt getting all over the lens. I have some other ideas that I may try next season but I think technology needs to advance a bit further yet. Flexible bendy phones are on the way, who knows whats next...

• Like 1

There is some fantastic technology available and Simon has used his to great effect,....

What is critical is the ability to build a unit similar in design and operation to night vision but there is a lot more great footage to come as things advance further still.

Simons own footage is incorporated into his forthcoming dvd.

• 10 months later...