Hw 97

just got my hw 97 back together .its got Welsh willy spring kit fitted all polished internals.what can I say it makes a Right row when it's fired .only fired it a few times I've got to get power checked but I don't think I will use it much .think I will stick to the airwolf it's like a Bentley and the 97 is a tractor.i know I am missing the point with springers but after using a pcp a springer is like going back to the stone age .

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow wow wooo waaaa What's all this 97 tractor?? Pcp Bentley?? Be Jesus has the world gone mad? I will put my pretty much standard 97 just properly polished and lubed correctly against any pcp

once you master a 97 you can shoot any thing   only one way to be good with a springer   practice. practice, practice then when you think your good enough practice , practice , practice,,, s

I dont think we do, but you have a point. I like the nudge and the personality of a well tuned springer. If it was lifeless like a pcp, [within reason, some pcp's are great as we all know], then it wo

Most of the noise from a spring rifle is what you hear when your head is on the rifle :) get someone else to shoot it when you are 10yrds away ;) Its never going to be as quiet as a pcp with silencer attached though. If you have a new kit fitted then the rifle needs atleast 2 tins through her just to bed in. I would suggest you get it over a chronograph also if you do not know the power ;) Stick with it and it will improve your shooting technique and keep you honest.

• Like 2

RIGHT , if it is making a right racket when fired after you have fitted a new spring kit then some thing is wrong iv got a v mach kit fitted to mine and a welsh willy trigger and she is so sweet to shoot and next to no recoil and next to no noise at all

im not taking the p*ss but did you use a good grease on the spring

and some times to much grease or to little will make her noisy you have to get the ballance right with this .

Its just a case of taking her apart a few times to get her right

and as vm has say,d put 2 or 3 tins through her

and give her a polish to

Tune And Polish Springers Or Not

have a look at this

hope you get it sorted bud

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

just got my hw 97 back together .its got Welsh willy spring kit fitted all polished internals.what can I say it makes a Right row when it's fired .only fired it a few times I've got to get power checked but I don't think I will use it much .think I will stick to the airwolf it's like a Bentley and the 97 is a tractor.i know I am missing the point with springers but after using a pcp a springer is like going back to the stone age .

Stick to the Bentley and I'll take the noisy old tractor off your hands for £50!!!

As above, either something wrong or run a few tins of pellets through it and let it all settle down.

• Like 3

hi, I don't use my spring air rifles any more they just sit in the cupboard, as I only use my pcp now, for me personally I have no reason to go back to the spring, I just love the pcp's, a pcp has so much more quality's over the spring now, there quitter, quicker to load between shots, 10 shot mags, smaller gun, bolt action, no recoil, and so accurate, its a no brainer for me, I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me over this, as to keep up the good shooting with the spring, but when they switched to the pcp I've never looked back.

tl

• Like 1

One thing that really does become apparent when you have been used to pcps then shoot a springer is how the gun moves about .from the age of 15 I always shot springers didn't give recoil much thought but now I can feel all the movement the gun makes.i do take my hat off to all the guys that can shoot springers well

• Like 4