Bad Foot Injury, Flesh Wound Down To Bone

Just a quick update fellas.. fly went back into the vets today and was put under anaesthetic and I believe they have cleaned the wound, removed excess skin and bandaged it up. It will need fresh dressing daily. Just what I thought they would do. Luckily no other serious damage caused. Shes back at home and I will need to give her carprofen 2x daily and amoxicillin and clavulanic acid 2 x daily. I will take on the advice you guys have given me and looking to treat her with the medihoney products.

Yesterday was stressful for me, I had just been on holiday for a few days break which cost me a fortune. I had paid my bills and made sure all my dog food was in. I had about spent my wages and still have a month still to wait to be paid again. I was asking friends to take her pdsa but nobody was available that I could think of. I still wanted a professional opinion and eventually got her into see a vet but wasn't in rush because she wasn't in any obvious pain or discomfort.

It is pretty shit working part time, you get all the time to work your dogs but you never have money to do anything. I have been meaning to get pet insurance especially for my pup and that's something I will set up next week.

Can I just tell you guys how much I appreciate your comments and offers, I wasn't expecting them replies. I feel like I haven't shown myself to be proper in the way I dealt with the situation and understand you might consider me abit of c**t for not putting the welfare of my dog first but i wouldn't refuse to pay any amount to fix my precious fly. but we know what the vets are like and especially out of hours will have your pants down so i was in no rush to make any rash decisions.

cheers once again

rew

• Like 5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

REW ...wherabouts in the country are you ? if you can get to our surgery in Warrington Cheshire we will treat it for free for you ....it looks like it has started healing itself anyway .... but it nee

REW if you want the money you are going to be earning off me early that's not a problem I can do you a bank transfer now and that will more than cover the cost of treatment .........

Rew you should have phoned me,,,i would have took it to my vet and payed,,and you could have payed me back when you had the money...   Should have took that well paid job I got f you last year,,,, y

sometimes things happen when we least expect it or want it to happen especially when your on your ass and dogs are in the mix and other bills need paying im sure we have all been there i know i have the dog was sorted thats the main thing but there was some good offers of members from this site which was good to see and im sure rew has flys best interest at heart you only need to see his vids and write ups to see that

• Like 1

Fair play mate, glad the dog is on its way back to former glory! But as has been said full time for a young fella like you is the way to go unless your born into money which 99% of us aren't, its only right that if your young fit and able you should be working a full week!! Its all well and good having time to be out with the dogs but if somthing happens and you need money its a ball ache constantly peddling and robbing peter to pay paul to get by.... Its just the way this big bad world works, you get out what you put in applies to everything. I think we'd all love to be out more with the dogs. I along with many more work 12 hour shifts and in other countries for alot of time doing it, why, to be able to pay for what i want (Within reason) and pay for doing the things i enjoy. with more money in your pocket but less time you tend to make more out of the time you do get, can have your car insured full time to drive to good spots on your days off and generally be under a bit less pressure with a few quid in you arse pocket!!

• Like 6

Don't worry northernlite, during the winter i cut my hours so i can work my dogs but will be doing the long shifts again soon. Im not afraid of hard work but prefer working to live than living to work.

That's all well and cut but posting on the internet saying you can't afford to treat a working dog injury?

Piss take. Shouldn't keep dogs.

Get a hamster.

Don't worry northernlite, during the winter i cut my hours so i can work my dogs but will be doing the long shifts again soon. Im not afraid of hard work but prefer working to live than living to work.

That's all well and cut but posting on the internet saying you can't afford to treat a working dog injury?Piss take. Shouldn't keep dogs.Get a hamster.
Just saw this post by you rew, if i had of seen it earlier i dont know if id have made my offer, if you choose to cut your shifts so you can get out with the dogs you choose the live with the consequenses of not having much money.... I didn't realise you were part time by choice... I'll be dammed if im puttin in stupid hours to pay a bill for a chap that chooses the ideal life, and especially at your age.....

Atb and hope the dog makes a full recovery.

• Like 2

That's all well and cut but posting on the internet saying you can't afford to treat a working dog injury?

Get a hamster.

shouldnt keep dogs.......be a long time dead.dogs over the worse now and its outside the back door .

Get a hamster.

shouldnt keep dogs.......be a long time dead.dogs over the worse now and its outside the back door .

That's okay then.

Ii should be working full time I agree and eventhough my contract is only part time (16 hours) every week I do 25 hours . Nows the time to look for a 40 hour week job when the dogs don't need working. I have been trying to make money through filming so haven't been looking for another job since I am always busy. I have always been able to pay my way and like I have said I wasn't working the dog at the time so wasn't expecting this to happen. I had just spent 300 on a few day break with my girl friend. My other bits take me to 500 leaving me food money for the rest of the month. As much as I appreciate the offers for money I wouldn't have taken anything unless I honestly had no other means of paying. The camera, the car would have been the first things that would have been sold to afford treatment. Dogs cost me a lot more in the past. As bad as the injury looks, fly was in no discomfort so I had the opportunity to get the best for my money.

• Like 1