First experience of using the AA was a couple days ago, was out with the dugs, few miles from home out in the sticks with no tools...

After waiting a good while the AA guy arrives, i explain the problem, motor is firing up and would only idle for a short time, soon as i put the foot down it died every time, said i thought it was fuel related..

AA guy went onto to say it had to be the egr, so he inspected that, cleaned it even though it didnt need it, then checked the turbo, was fine..

He went into his motor for a while then came back telling me id have to wait a couple hours on the truck to transport the the motor because it was over two tun.

I asked if he could crack open the 10mm on the fuel filter and pump the primer.. He laughed and said ok, ill humour you..

So he cracks open the 10mm, pumps the primmer a few times, turns out to be no sign of diesel... After a few more pumps diesel shows.. It fires up and runs abit better, then dies...

He goes back to his motor for abit, and again decides its time to get the truck out...

Before he left, i got to pump the primer a few times, let it idle for abit.

Then managed to drive home..

These guys are ment to be time served techs, got the feeling he didnt want to help, try a couple things, make it look like a effort was made and leave it to someone else..

If you pay for membership, join somewhere else...

Edited by Joe1888

Absolute rubbish these clowns , last year they left the Mrs and 2 kids 3 1/2 hour before turning up , gave her £25 compo . then last week the gaylander died on a single lane country lane 6.30pm . they sent a contractor out "Wakefield's autos" . recovery lorry turns up within the hour , great she thinks job done . he has a look and says it need towing and I have the equipment to do it BUT it takes me about 30mins to rig up towing a 4x4 and the aa won't pay us the extra so I'm off ... Lol .. Take it up with aa ...lol.. Long story short , I got it towed to the garage we use ... Got home 9pm ish .. Rang the aa next day they knew nothing , the job was still left open as ongoing . Mrs did try ringing when he ducked off but ran out of cred on phone cos its 0845 num , no body rang her back ... Its being investigated apparently ... They get no more of my hard earned ... RAC or green flag ?

Been with green flag via my car insurance for years, never had a problem with them. If they haven't been able to get the car started at the roadside there and then, they've pulled it to exactly where I've wanted it to go. Been really handy with the wife's habit of flattening batteries! :D