Hello All - Mtc Optics

Hi Gary. Cracking optics the MTC range

I've got mamba lite and only got shut of my connect to buy my pulsar n550 unit to go on my rapid

59025137-7ECF-4E53-87CF-71AAB3E81137.jpg

Rapid now wears the NV unit

2C147183-8A55-4C3B-9157-FEAD865738B0.jpg

Had a huntsman and was going to buy a mk4 but the service charges put me off big time

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All. Many thanks for the welcome, it is appreciated. My sincere apologies for a late reply, I hadn't realised I had caused any interest I'd expected a direct contact and hadn't noticed mails from

Well done and well said Gary.   My thoughts on the current state of Daystate Ltd and your mission statement.,   I don't think the problems currently experienced are insumountable. The main and mo

You wish young man!   It's a classical-looking beauty of a tack driver. I was out with it on Sunday on my garden range. Shot a near-perfect, genuine one-hole group easily under a 5-pence piece, fre

Can't see the point in the big first post, and at least not re visiting to see what if any responses it might have generated. He may be busy but how long does it really take to log in and take a look. If the first post was genuine in taking on board any problems, then surely by now we would have seen some action.

• Like 1

I'm all for giving someone a chance. Don't know the bloke and therefore have no problems or issues.

But when you stand proud as a representative of a company as in the OP and then turn it in to a no show! (What's it been? 5 days). You can expect to take a little ribbing. If the chaps got anything about him he will take it on the chin.

Reporting what back to Daystate Timmy? He hasn't been on since he started this thread.

Dear Gary.

I'm sure you will return to this thread soon. :thumbs:

If this request to contact me is in connection with having my Regal serviced by Daystate, I warn you this is going to be a lengthy but an openly honest appraisal of my experience as a customer of Daystate Ltd. And I can only say truthfully, the customer service I received from Rebecca at the company was very helpful, courteous and efficient in getting the rifle collected from me and returned to me some two months or so later.

I bought my Regal after buying my lady a Daystate .177 Huntsman Classic for her Christmas 2013. I was so impressed with this rifle's performance I ordered the Huntsman Regal that improved on this fine gun, straight away.. Febuary 2014 it arrived at my good friends at Wighill Park Guns, Tadcaster. Yorks.

It poved not so happy and had to be returned to Daystate for repairs that I will detail shortly.

When I had my Regal returned, a certificate to officially state the rifle had been fully rebuilt and retuned was included in the box and an energy output of 11.6 Ft/lbs average had been recorded on the chronograph at the factory. Everything was tight and all was, outwardly, as it should be. Fair enough.

My original gripe was that, the rifle was way underpowered as to cause serious injury to my quarry when shooting to ranges in excess of 25 metres. And that is just not on. I will not allow even a rat to die a slow death in agony, let alone cause a severe head injury to one or any other living creature we are allowed to hunt.

Also the barrel sleeve turned/rotated whenever I screwed on/off a moderator and the bolt was as stiff as hell, that caused a blister on my hand from prolonged use in the hope that this would loosen it. The rifle came back with the barrel sleeve tightned and the bolt nice and smooth but, after testing the Regal on my garden range, set over to 45 metres distance, I could see the pellet still fly to the target at just over half that distance with the same lacklustre performance as before.

I took the rifle to RED BECK SHOOTING SUPPLIES at Wakefield as I'm a regular customer of theirs of old and they deal in Daystate rifles.

Their chronograph recorded the rifle was producing 9.56 FT/lbs and in my book, that is unacceptable for even adequate hunting power.

I do not care or wish to hear of other men's experiences of how they shot with world class precision, huge bags of vermin/rabbits on less than 10 ft/lbs of muzzle energy, to ranges up to 50 metres.

My hunting experience tells me that 11+FPE is the minimum an air rifle, purchased and used expressly for hunting small vermin, should start at for humane killing power at sensible, reasonable ranges. Regardless of .177 .20 or .22 calibre. I will not have an air rifle perform less.

So, I handed over the rifle to them for tuning to an appropriate level of output and, for £25 I now have my Regal performing exactlly as it should have done, purchased brand new in the first place. It took barely 10 minutes for the lad there to re-set the power to 11.4 ft/lbs. That's all I could ask for with reasonable expectations.

The most common complaints I read from other owners of the Regal seem to focus specifically on poor muzzle-energy power levels, stiff bolts and loose-fiting barrels and actions to stocks. Issues/faults that should not be passed out as checked and OK from a manufacturer charging the thick end of £800 for one of these rifles alone.

For me, now that my Regal has been retuned, I have to say, it is a beautiful rifle in every respect and I love it to bits. It is powerful enough for humane vermin culling and utterly accurate with AA Field 4.51mm. So the remaining question is:

Would I buy another?

YES!

The Daystate Regal is a beautifully balanced and proportioned, classically profiled rifle that shoots to extreme levels of accuracy. It should be a bestseller. We seem to have entered an era where fettling and tuning air rifles has produced a cottage aftermarket industry among air rifle shooting as a whole, it has become an expectation almost.

But, stupidly little problems that should not be passed out from the factory are earning a poor reputatiion that is bound to impact on sales of other Daystate rifles. I would buy another if only that, I now believe, I should be prepared to spend a little extra cash on having the power reset by a competent gunsmith, as the manufacturer is letting these guns go out with no guts in them!

And that shouldn't have to be. Should it!

Or, as I suspect, is there is a fear on the part of manufacturers these days, to let their air rifles leave the factory at appropriate sub-12 ft/lbs outputs, only to have them fall foul of the law, if tested with other pellets that may take them over the 12 ft/lb limit??? I'm sure the penalties for that are going to be fierce!. :huh::hmm:

Sorry for the lengthy post but, I'm an old fashioned chap who likes to buy and support British business whenever I can. I run a successful company myself and I know what business means, involves and how it works. But this company is heading for serious trouble unless it sorts out what are really, stupidly poor quality control issues seeming to plague its otherwise fine product. This is my experience in fullest detail. .What do you think?

Best regards and again, welcome to the forum Gary.

Simon. AKA Pianoman.

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 2