''proper'' Pit Bulls

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not everyone.......i just never understood how the work of some good dogmen created glory for somebody who never worked a dog in his life....im certainly not about to get into arguments that still go

Its alright for yous with your light hearted bickering ive been typing while hiding under my bed lately being as how some boy Jukel off here warned me against discussing gamedogs a few weeks ago....it

Thats probably because he,s always been a salesman.......doesnt mean he didnt produce some exceptional dogs though.

Probably a bit dated now but a good book in its day, I still think the conditioning side of things is the biggest single factor in the dogs, maybe wrong but just my opinion

Yep it was a massive part of the game, the same as it is for coursing dogs. The right man can work wonders by getting a dog in tip top shape.

Probably a bit dated now but a good book in its day, I still think the conditioning side of things is the biggest single factor in the dogs, maybe wrong but just my opinion

Yep it was a massive part of the game, the same as it is for coursing dogs. The right man can work wonders by getting a dog in tip top shape.

in man or beast conditioning is a must to be on top of your game imo

• Like 1

That's very true, but a lot of the dogs in the 80s went 3 hours on Chappie and roadwork! They won in spite of their conditioning, not because of it

• Like 2

had a wee banjo/rosita bitch only pushed 26/27ish. Personally like them over 30 and under 40, but like the big man says, if they have big hearts...;-)

Yokel

I had a bitch down from banjo and rosita years back real steady laid back bitch that wouldn't bother anything if it didn't bother her she would even mother another bitches pups and would clean the terriers up for days after they had been out working.Had a tiny dog down from mac/violet he wouldn't have topped 25lb wanted to kill everything from the day I got him at 14 weeks old and would run in the shed as soon as he got the chance and stand beside the mill whining but if I bought him indoors he would just curl up on on my feet and wouldn't move all night if I didn't move him.
  • Like 1

That's very true, but a lot of the dogs in the 80s went 3 hours on Chappie and roadwork! They won in spite of their conditioning, not because of it

Couldnt agree more......folk talk about these 4/5/6 hour matches today and say the dogs are gamer than ever........are they bollocks !

• Like 1

Not necessarily mate !

?...a dead game dog is one that takes its death rather than quit...its dead
Oh no it's not ....
Its all got a bit pantomime now...if you think that a deadgame dog isnt a dog thats dead...then you clearly dont know what your talking about...a game dog is one that wont quit at its task no matter what...a deadgame dog dies seeing the job through...historicaly speaking..the clues in the word...'Dead'
What about this instance then Brindle, a fella who we went to visit kept a big yard, part of his learning about the dogs he went and worked for the Rebel -Ricky Jones as a general yard boy. Says he saw with his own eyes a dog scratch then keel over and expire there and then, Jones had a vet on hand doing jabs and stuff on pups etc and he managed to get the dog back to life, took it back into the pit where it scratched into another dog in the other corner AND survived to live on, true or not I don't know but don't see that he had any reason to lie about it.
That is what gameness is so the dog would be game? The will too keep going until the end. If it died then its dead game. Posts before seemed to think a dead game dog wasnt useless if its been bred. As if the dogs served its purpose. To me its lack of respect for an animal your asking to give its all and is animal abuse. Im no hard nut but if i was around back in the day and saw it going on we'd be finding out just how game that owner is.
Well obviously you wouldn't be able to handle working Bulldogs back in the day, dogs that have looked like they were taking a hiding have come back from the brink and won. It's the harshest of environments that makes the dogs what they are, the sport is brutal no doubt but IMO far less cruel than killing Foxes and other animals with dogs.

You think killing foxes and other animals with dogs is far more cruel than two dogs going at it in the pit for an hour...FFS ...Youre on the wrong site bud,,,,deluded :yes:

Yeah I do and I'm far from deluded, how long did some Fox hunts last?? And don't tell me what site I'm on bud.

Didn't tell you what site you were on....said you were on the wrong site....you sound like an Anti :yes: Getting chased and POSSIBLY caught and quickly dispatched is not the same as a grinding war in the pit ,theres nowhere to run or hide and no chance of escape ....sport??? I think not :bye:

If things were different and you lads had access to quality bull blood and a choice of the stock, what in your opinions would be the qualities you'd look for in a bull to breed lurchers?

For me id want a leggy type, a 50lb plus dog, with ability, natural wind, from game dogs and of course sound temperament.

No opinions ??

Not necessarily mate !

?...a dead game dog is one that takes its death rather than quit...its dead
Oh no it's not ....
Its all got a bit pantomime now...if you think that a deadgame dog isnt a dog thats dead...then you clearly dont know what your talking about...a game dog is one that wont quit at its task no matter what...a deadgame dog dies seeing the job through...historicaly speaking..the clues in the word...'Dead'
What about this instance then Brindle, a fella who we went to visit kept a big yard, part of his learning about the dogs he went and worked for the Rebel -Ricky Jones as a general yard boy. Says he saw with his own eyes a dog scratch then keel over and expire there and then, Jones had a vet on hand doing jabs and stuff on pups etc and he managed to get the dog back to life, took it back into the pit where it scratched into another dog in the other corner AND survived to live on, true or not I don't know but don't see that he had any reason to lie about it.
That is what gameness is so the dog would be game? The will too keep going until the end. If it died then its dead game. Posts before seemed to think a dead game dog wasnt useless if its been bred. As if the dogs served its purpose. To me its lack of respect for an animal your asking to give its all and is animal abuse. Im no hard nut but if i was around back in the day and saw it going on we'd be finding out just how game that owner is.
Well obviously you wouldn't be able to handle working Bulldogs back in the day, dogs that have looked like they were taking a hiding have come back from the brink and won. It's the harshest of environments that makes the dogs what they are, the sport is brutal no doubt but IMO far less cruel than killing Foxes and other animals with dogs.

You think killing foxes and other animals with dogs is far more cruel than two dogs going at it in the pit for an hour...FFS ...Youre on the wrong site bud,,,,deluded :yes:
Yeah I do and I'm far from deluded, how long did some Fox hunts last?? And don't tell me what site I'm on bud.

Didn't tell you what site you were on....said you were on the wrong site....you sound like an Anti :yes: Getting chased and POSSIBLY caught and quickly dispatched is not the same as a grinding war in the pit ,theres nowhere to run or hide and no chance of escape ....sport??? I think not :bye:
How do I sound like an anti you idiot?? I'm pointing out that dog fighters are know has the scum of the earth for letting two dogs do what they enjoy doing whereas hunters aren't half as bad to the general public which is complete bullshit IMO. Edited by DogFox123
  • Like 1