Plummer Terrier

Plummers are a relatively new breed compared with the patts , jrt as far as earthwork is concerned maybe if the patt / jrt bragade were to give these plummers ago , I have no doubt at all they would have a completely different view on plummers , but if your preference Is a patt, jrt or what ever, then fair do's we can't all have the same likes in life so ATB what ever you choose

Gift me a pup and it will get the graft mate ,the catch for you would be the word gift im sure but i live in hope .

Johnny owns a Plummer dog mate so that would not be possible, I have pups out my last litter in good working homes, one lad in particular is a black fell/patt terrier man, he is only getting less than a dozen digs out of his dogs then having to retire them,his lines go back a long way and is very respected in the digging world but he knows a change needs putting in as they enjoy the pain too much, this bitch will be tested on all quarry and he will keep me informed as to her progress, if she does well he will breed from her himself with a decent Plummer dog, he had Plummers 20yrs ago so he will at least give her a fair shout. I'd of gifted you a pup out of the last litter when you asked for your brother-in-law if I thought that you would of tested her fairly but you are far too passionate about black terriers to accept anything other than failure, I have seen old "Remlap" dogs every bit as hard as anything you have in your kennel but that's what I'm breeding away from,regardless of what the "old fashioned" same old gang of lads think, your terrier work is illegal and will eventually get you a summons to court, the law will not be repealed and at best one terrier man per hunt will be licenced to work a "soft terrier", I accepted this from the day the hunting act was introduced and decided on my own path for the future rather than be sneaking around in fear of being caught, there are still lads that have never changed in any way but their number gets smaller year by year and eventually these lads will fade away and Plummers and their likes will be the future, I have already seen the numbers of decent digging lads and dogs fall in 10 yrs due to wanting a trouble free easy life without having to constantly be looking over their shoulder, I keep these dogs as they are exactly what's needed in todays politically correct climate and can walk anywhere without fear of arrest or hassle, most of you knocker's in this country cannot say the same, WM

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

to the guys that get fed up with the plummer threads. fair comment. i get fed up with the same old. old nuttal new nuttal . and the ken gould threads and the middleton pish that has been done to dea

i remember the first time plumber showed up to us , myself ,dave roberts gary middleton & all the usual suspects was at edgeworth terrier show , we was all haveing a drink & a yarn when this g

You don't train a dog for earthwork you breed for it.

Posted Images

foxdropper thats the second time you have given this offer. hats off to you :thumbs: ive had three plummers in recent years one was not up to the task one was given to my son and the last one i keep for working allround. ferretting and the odd fox. she is well past it now and on the big side for most folk but could be dug to she was a very handy terrier for me and made me look good on some more than once :D so i dont own a plummer that is up to the task at the moment. so i'm out. however if you repeat this offer one more time for next season i have a very good prospect that will be getting started next season. not a full plummer but hey near enough. :laugh: . the other problem i have with your offer is you have probably culled better than ive owned as i have a notion on bolting foxes if at all possible. like some others on this thread i also have unlimited permision due to my work so its not difficult to find work for my dogs i'm enjoying this thread and following with interest.

my old bitch Sassy in her prime. tethered up. she carries a lot of bull so not favoured by some.

attachicon.gifIMG_0533.JPG

How old is she now mate?

The years seem to march on eh?

One day you may get a good 'un.....LOL

she was/is a good dog for me. she does exactly what i wanted . her only fault is she is on the big side. but i can live with that :thumbs: . ive always liked my dogs to be versitile as i cant keep to many. :thumbs: she is around nine. :yes:

• Like 1

Wirral countryman your a first class Ahole saying stuff like what you do is illegal and all the other tripe your spouting on an open forum I hope you have the gumption to delete it this is what the antis are trying to do divide us this thread is doing there work for them I think it's run it's course can I ask one of the mods to lock it.

• Like 3

Plummers are a relatively new breed compared with the patts , jrt as far as earthwork is concerned maybe if the patt / jrt bragade were to give these plummers ago , I have no doubt at all they would have a completely different view on plummers , but if your preference Is a patt, jrt or what ever, then fair do's we can't all have the same likes in life so ATB what ever you choose

Gift me a pup and it will get the graft mate ,the catch for you would be the word gift im sure but i live in hope .

Johnny owns a Plummer dog mate so that would not be possible, I have pups out my last litter in good working homes, one lad in particular is a black fell/patt terrier man, he is only getting less than a dozen digs out of his dogs then having to retire them,his lines go back a long way and is very respected in the digging world but he knows a change needs putting in as they enjoy the pain too much, this bitch will be tested on all quarry and he will keep me informed as to her progress, if she does well he will breed from her himself with a decent Plummer dog, he had Plummers 20yrs ago so he will at least give her a fair shout. I'd of gifted you a pup out of the last litter when you asked for your brother-in-law if I thought that you would of tested her fairly but you are far too passionate about black terriers to accept anything other than failure, I have seen old "Remlap" dogs every bit as hard as anything you have in your kennel but that's what I'm breeding away from,regardless of what the "old fashioned" same old gang of lads think, your terrier work is illegal and will eventually get you a summons to court, the law will not be repealed and at best one terrier man per hunt will be licenced to work a "soft terrier", I accepted this from the day the hunting act was introduced and decided on my own path for the future rather than be sneaking around in fear of being caught, there are still lads that have never changed in any way but their number gets smaller year by year and eventually these lads will fade away and Plummers and their likes will be the future, I have already seen the numbers of decent digging lads and dogs fall in 10 yrs due to wanting a trouble free easy life without having to constantly be looking over their shoulder, I keep these dogs as they are exactly what's needed in todays politically correct climate and can walk anywhere without fear of arrest or hassle, most of you knocker's in this country cannot say the same, WM

Almost reads like plummer could have wrote it, slagging off genuine terriermen and making excuses about someone being to passionate about 1 breed to give a plummer a fair go...bollocks wirral your full of bollocks

• Like 2

Wirral countryman your a first class Ahole saying stuff like what you do is illegal and all the other tripe your spouting on an open forum I hope you have the gumption to delete it this is what the antis are trying to do divide us this thread is doing there work for them I think it's run it's course can I ask one of the mods to lock it.

The antis are trying to divide us ? i think people on here are doing a good job of it there selves,the bickering and bitching going on because people choose to work different types of terrier,it's a f..king joke mate.I have enjoyed watching most terrier breeds work over 35 years and have respect for any dogs that do the jobs asked of them.But when folk come on these forums to say they've had a good day bushing, ratting or work a Plummers or borders they get shot down by these jumped up key board worriers who in all honesty probably have done f.ck all with there dogs anyways.i know there is some decent lads on here that dig to there dogs [black or whatever colour]but don't think any less of folk that don't,every one to there own.To many people sit on the fence chucking there two line insults in, maybe because the haven't the brain cells to write anything constructive or positive,so my friend we don't need the antis to divide us as it's already there.but like you said this probably has run it's course so for me this is my last post on this one,atb keith j.

• Like 4

I was once prepared to give WCM the benefit but today he has shown himself to be no better than an anti in fact worse as he claims to be from within our ranks .A sad day indeed .Plummer would have been so proud in fact he is probably a love child of his .Thankfully there are still plenty of lads prepared to rescue terriers when they get stuck rather than cursing them .I had a pm a while back that really should of opened my eyes but i chose to ignore it .Anybody thinking of a day with him think again .Cannot believe anyone in the game would even think of that let alone write it .

• Like 5

I'm lost for words!
  • Like 1

I was once prepared to give WCM the benefit but today he has shown himself to be no better than an anti in fact worse as he claims to be from within our ranks .A sad day indeed .Plummer would have been so proud in fact he is probably a love child of his .Thankfully there are still plenty of lads prepared to rescue terriers when they get stuck rather than cursing them .I had a pm a while back that really should of opened my eyes but i chose to ignore it .Anybody thinking of a day with him think again .Cannot believe anyone in the game would even think of that let alone write it .

There you go again thinking I care what you think or the cloak and dagger brigade, I would think your pm would be from Snitch99 but thats of no consequence as his total dog career lasted about 4yrs and now has a lifetime ban on keeping any animal, as to a day out, I'm fussy who I share the field with, hence the reason I never took your offer and the fact my dogs only have to please me and a bolter would not be up to your ever so high standards LOL's my proper mates in the "real world" would have a good laugh at me being called an Anti but we're are all entitled to our opinion or is it your opinion, it appears you are a "legend in your own mind" LOL's, I love this place mention anything that borders on reality and you're an Anti, so lets see how it goes, you can say or mention anything but if anyone other than the proper hard men on here post it then you're an Anti, you are from a bygone age unfortunately, reminds me of when the drink driving laws came out and all the old fellas said "it don't matter,we won't get caught" eventually all them fellas were either banned or stopped driving, keep this going as the telly is sh*t on a saturday night, WM

would the Plummer owner say that the working ability Percentages in pups today as good now as it was in years gone by ? Genuine question .

I can only talk about my own but that depends on what you're working, if its just rats then I would say everyone should make it, some will always be more adept at it, rabbits,then thats down to size and entering properly,some terriers don't like cover and you need good access to lots of rabbits to get the best out of them, foxes, well thats were the breeding comes in, you can enter them properly and still find them to be poor, parents that work the quarry you intend to hunt will always help but its down to whats inside the dog, some lines like wyrmeade can be too large for fox and they can be very nervy as a line, there are lines that do better at fox though, its about doing your homework before you buy, my terrier's pups have all worked their intended quarry but due to a small percentage outcross some would say they are not Plummers,LOL's, WM

• Like 4

Hope redline plummer terriers have more heart than there owner. There would be no gamefowl or pitdogs left and all our coursing dogs and real working terriers would be well on there way to the history books with his outlook. Indeed his beloved plummers would have no bull blood if pitdog men had let them go after dogfighting was outlawed.If you ever marched through London mate you were wasting your time with your give in nature.

• Like 3

WCM ......Coursing hares is now illegal too but hasnt seemed to of stopped you .You have shown yourself to be all i despise in this game .Puppy pedlar running scared .You would be better off out of it ,better for the breed and terriers as a whole .

Where in reality is it illegal to rescue a terrier when stuck in the protection of gamebirds .I have permission slips for eveywhere i go .Anybody working terriers these days would be sailing close whether youve a yapper or a sticker.Bear that in mind before putting anything on the open forum .Walking anywhere near an earth these days with terrier and your potentially under scruteny.By the way ,never heard of snitch 99.Far from myself being a legend it appears you put yourself up on a high place as self appointed spokesmen for the Plummer .The pms have arrived on that too lol.

• Like 5