Adding Saluki Or Breeding It Back Out

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bitch i was gifted below, has only a small bit of saluki, rest is irish terrier and greyhound, very happy with her, she is doing well for me, only had her a month and she has taken plenty... However

Irelands land is no different than half the land over in England forget The Fens and Cambridge and salisbury, you are hard pushed to find anything other than hedged and fenced land ,in the North west

takes a lot to get a good un for sure, but surely just using stuff cos of lines is a waste of time,? time n time again that's failed better to forget one that works and is well bred surely, think pers

Posted Images

Bitch i was gifted below, has only a small bit of saluki, rest is irish terrier and greyhound, very happy with her, she is doing well for me, only had her a month and she has taken plenty... :thumbs:

However, i do like the pure saluki myself and would own one again, as i just like them, in the future, i will hopefully have one again. :thumbs:

post-86469-0-88895900-1423237436_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

no call for big doses of saluki here in ireland .a touch is alright but too much they end up getting dragged about any ive seen .

I said something similar a couple of years back, the being dragged about thing, didn't go down too well with a few people! Lol

• Like 2

to be breed in or out ya need right ones in first place :thumbs:

out of genuine interest did anyone take the time to course Mike or any of the other saluki over the water for a few seasons before breeding litters from them?

youse be better off buying a quality pup and spending a few year rearing entering and testing it imho

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

out of genuine interest did anyone take the time to course Mike or any of the other saluki over the water for a few seasons before breeding litters from them?

youse be better off buying a quality pup and spending a few year rearing entering and testing it imho

few years. :icon_eek:

I think the white one with red patch is the only one that see steady work..ferreting bushing an lamping runs what ever rises in front him. dosnt make em a better dog than the other two when it comes to breeding. they ether producers or there not..work dosnt make a producer

• Like 3

Need them tight over here fast up and et em type for land near me I am very happy with max for this land,I made a wee clip hopefully all good next season I took my time with him this year spent a small fortune to get him right,but he in great form now.hope to have better luck next seaon still young dog

Edited by captain2010
  • Like 3

few years. :icon_eek:

what I was meaning was get em reared entered n worked for a few seasons before taking several thousand pups off em :thumbs:

• Like 1

I think the white one with red patch is the only one that see steady work..ferreting bushing an lamping runs what ever rises in front him. dosnt make em a better dog than the other two when it comes to breeding. they ether producers or there not..work dosnt make a producer

takes a lot to get a good un for sure, but surely just using stuff cos of lines is a waste of time,? time n time again that's failed better to forget one that works and is well bred surely, think personally too many breed what they think will sell rather than what will work, no point in breeding for uk fens if your running in Ireland imho

I seen the pics of Mike chained up that Brookie mentioned earlier in the thread, now am assuming he did not stud ll them bitches free of charge? so why he chained up in poor condition liker he was? no respect for the animal at all but still happy to put him over every bitch that comes along and people blame the dogs if that's how they kept the rest obvious likesay no dig at anyone in particular just stating obvious

• Like 4

another quick observation when the boys where over from Ireland I had couple of looks out with them, they had some very chancy dogs that killed some very good hares on some good land, one thing I did notice that my own dog was a lot smaller racier type than the irish lads generally had with em (think the pic bares that out lol) maybe youse need summat racier faster types for them smaller fields etc over their, I keep the sort I do cos he does it on doorstep which is small fields that his bread n butter Ive gotta admit if I was wantng a hare killer for over there I would not be starting with any pures at all even though I love em, think Id look at very fast killing racy lighter stock quick match types

• Like 2

takes a lot to get a good un for sure, but surely just using stuff cos of lines is a waste of time,? time n time again that's failed better to forget one that works and is well bred surely, think personally too many breed what they think will sell rather than what will work, no point in breeding for uk fens if your running in Ireland imho

I seen the pics of Mike chained up that Brookie mentioned earlier in the thread, now am assuming he did not stud ll them bitches free of charge? so why he chained up in poor condition liker he was? no respect for the animal at all but still happy to put him over every bitch that comes along and people blame the dogs if that's how they kept the rest obvious likesay no dig at anyone in particular just stating obvious

i agree about the mike part we bought him off garfield and i honestly do not mistreat my dogs that was a crying shame. where we live is quiet he had a free run and a good bed under him the flute that thought we mistreated him knows nothing about me or my dogs never heard of him before that and i never seen the photos that you mentioned bud. fact is garfield actually bought that dog back off us and sold him some time later i know who actually has him now as i was thinking of useing him again maybe he is mistreating him as the photos probably prove but thats some peoples way what can we do.

• Like 1