Would You Breed From It

First off, i'm with Stabba on this one, 'game' isn't a word we should use for lurchers, no matter how they are bred. Secondly if any dog just stood and watched its quarry get away from the other side of a gate sommats wrong. Even if the dumb fecker has no idea how to negotiate the obsticle the least it should be doing would be going nuts.

If you think its so good on quarry then breed from it but by putting a doubting post up on here i honestly think you'll have doubts about the litter if you use it. Why spend so much time with that in your head, shit like that'll do you no good. Nope, IMO find sommat that ticks all the boxes for you. They are out there ;)

yeh most would run along the edge line, even if the quarry went through the edge, trying see keep sight of it. In my book all lurchers should jump gates etc , feck picking them up and lifting them, you certainly wouldn't want to lift my younger dog all night long :laugh: , but he will chase game to a edge or gate and go over after it, he as few times run and gone right over a fence in one movement, and it as worried me as you never know what on the other side :huh: .But rather have one like him that just goes for it, not a thinker like feckin Bryn is now, he as changed as he got older, he was keen as Buck when younger, bloody colliexs .lol

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just teach the pups to jump

Can't be that game if it won't go over or under after its quarry ... The bitch I have here would go through a brick wall after her quarry .......

The gamest and most resolute of mutts will never reach their potential if they lack a little stewardship and basic lurcher training,the ability to navigate obstacles and jump is as basic as training g

dog may be game(although i hate that term in a lurcher)but sounds like it's thick as 2 short planks also. Even a half brained cur would at least run up and down hedge/fence line looking for an opening to continue the chase. Infact i don't think iv'e ever seen a dog just out and out stop like the aforementioned animal.

Sorry stabba the dog dose that chum but when he has lost site his head go's and you have to catch him up very quickly cause you don't know what he's going to do next

Sounds just like 2 dogs i was thinking of,I knew how they were brought up,The one was prob the best natural dog i ever saw,was lucky to be out once a week would still out run mine,Was a liability around stock,eventually decided hitting stuff hurt :laugh: .

Not saying you should or shouldnt better of making your own mistakes than someone else`s .

Hard to compare a dog that has training and one that has next to non.

Let's not forget lads this dog came from over the water it how in Ireland where gate and fences are a part of are landscape

Well if it's part of your landscape and it aint doing it, why are you even contemplating taking it on?

Think you've just answered your own question

Let's not forget lads this dog came from over the water it how in Ireland where gate and fences are a part of are landscape

Well if it's part of your landscape and it aint doing it, why are you even contemplating taking it on?

Read my first post :blink: so if I bred from the dog are you telling me it will effect the pups in the long run???

Read my first post :blink: so if I bred from the dog are you telling me it will effect the pups in the long run???

If the breedings right then the biggest influence on a mutts development is the kennel it resides in.

• Like 1

My mistake, thought you were thinking of buying the dog :thumbs:

Don't know why you need to come on here to ask if you've seen it in action, if it's got the minerals then I wouldn't give a toss if it couldn't jump, you can train the offspring.

At last someone with my way of thinking

Me too.

Don't know why you need to come on here to ask if you've seen it in action, if it's got the minerals then I wouldn't give a toss if it couldn't jump, you can train the offspring.

At last someone with my way of thinking

2,600 views,over 120 replies and you,ve finally found a reason to breed from the mutt,well done,don,t take up chess.

• Like 3