The New Daystate

Gentlemen.

To be honest. Absolutely Honest. It's not winning any fans, so far, is it? No-one around the shooting forums is saying "My God, I have just got to get me one of those in .22!"

It may well be, this PULSAR bull-pup rifle might prove to be a step too far for Daystate's fortunes. OR, perhaps, is it because Daystate might be in a sticky hole financially and are looking to gamble on America as its saviour with this rifle, set at 30+ft/lbs as the Americans enjoy an unlimited FPE free of licence laws. But if they are, they face some stiff competition from other Bull-pup designs such as the FX Bobcat (it looks quite like the Bobcat) and Matador which have sold well over there. Something tells me that this Pulsar is not really intended for the UK market, though it will be available to us. We've seen a .303 Wolverine or whatever it was called come along and now, we hear little about how sales have done with it. Perhaps America is loving it and buying it successfully.

Given Rake aboot has owned some flawless Daystates before (and others I guess) I see absolutely nothing to recommend anyone spend about £2,000 on this one. I mean, how much does superlative accuracy and reliability actually cost? There are some fantastic rifles on sale now that can match this, shot for shot, any day, and cost a hell of a lot less. I'm certain.

After spending more money with an outside gunsmith to get my own Daystate Regal shooting as it was intended. I think Daystate really ought to spend their money more wisely on improving their quality controls over their existing ranges of rifles, than on radical-looking Bull-pup rifles like this. My Regal is now a real beauty of an air rifle. It is absolutely deadly and right on the money for power at a consistent 11.4 ft/lbs and now, I bloody love it. But that's how it should have been when I bought it!

No mention yet of a left-handed version and that is a serious mistake. One in three people are left handed. The design looks like a left-handed version might be difficult to make as there are some complex components in its make-up. Can these be switched over?.

I wish Daystate well and every success as there are British workers jobs at stake with every new gun they bring out. But this might be a big nail in their coffin..or an outright export winner and saves the day!.

If I was to spend £2,000 on my shooting, it would be a new .22LR bolt action rifle on my ticket and a set of new comfy threads to get out with!

I'm just trying to give the Pulsar a decent consideration for it. But the price tag alone is way too much for what is truly on offer, as far as I can see. Its plastic pistol grip sticks out badly for me. It looks like it was nicked from a Co2 Walther pistol. The scope rail is high and that might cause an overly-looped trajectory with sub 12 ft/lb outputs with some scopes of 50mm and bigger.

It's not for me. Sorry Daystate

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks awful to me, no way I'd spend that much on an air rifle anyway. I'll stick with the rapid I reckon. Just my opinion.....

Feck me for 2k I would want it to suck me off when the rabbits were not showing it looks like the guns used to shoot the giant insects on that film starship troopers, I cant wait to see the first bel

Gentlemen.   To be honest. Absolutely Honest. It's not winning any fans, so far, is it? No-one around the shooting forums is saying "My God, I have just got to get me one of those in .22!"   It ma

Could not have say,d it better my self Simon.

Why o why do they make these what happend to asking use what we want and like , all they have to do is ask

NO instead they get some computer geek to sit and produce a rifle that would be more at home with some storm trooper of star wars

Or off some Nintendo game .

and like simon has say,d at £2000 is a lot of money(and could be spent ells where) for some thing like this they would be better putting the money they have spent back into the company and improving there costumer relations and after sales

Hell £2000 would get you any of the hw100 range all the kit ie scopes, pod, silencer, sling, bag ,pellets. and then some

and at least you would not walk around with the doubt that this thing may feck up

And we all no that hw is one of the best out there sure they have there issues as well but at least they try to put things right for you.

and for the ones that have had no bother with day-states you are lucky just wait till some thing go,s wrong and you try to get them to fix it

Just ask VM and he will tell you iv not owned one and never will to many posts on hear about them .

And for a company that asks up wards of £1000 and more for some of there rifles i think they need a kick up the back side and start asking us lot what we want from a company like them.

Iv been put off by all the posts on there rifles , and will not have one given to me at all full stop .

And whats with all this electronic stuff , next it will be IT SHOOTS ITS SELF you don't need to get out of the car

A giant leep forward in air gun technology

You would be better off spending the £2000 on a nice decent springer and all the gear just like the old days when rifle were rifles and none of the pcp,s were around .

all these pcps have done is make us soft(including me but i can shoot a spring rifle to) and some think they are top shots until you give them a spring rifle then after a few shots they stand scratching there heads wondering why they cant hit any thing .

And with the change off your springer and all the gear

go out and get p*ssed and then some

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 4

Not one of my spring rifles has anything lacking on these PCPs Mac. Or yours mate! The Daystate Regal I have is a real pleasure to own and shoot with. But it's my spring rifles I turn to for serious, all-weather field hunting. Nothing flattens a Mink and rats like my FAC HW80 .22. My HW77 .22 is a bloody beauty of a rabbit killer and my HW97K and TX200HC .177s are great all-round field rifles for woodies and squirrels.

PCPs are all fine and dandy but, nothing beats classical air rifle shooting with spring rifles like these. Everybody should try a good springer. The satisfaction of a cracking shot dropping a rabbit at 45 yards with one, is just brilliant!

• Like 2

The electronic trigger is a joy to use.

I was used to one of the best triggers in the world on the air ranger, the locktime was amazing, and the feel was unlike anything I have shot. I moved to electronic, and fell in love with it instantly.

The feel is tremendous, and again, locktime is as close to zero as I think anything could get. Basically a micro switch, and operates like one.

The gauge is accurate, the shot count etc, may not be for everyone, but it works, and it works well.

Don`t write them off because you don`t fancy electronic gizmos,, the future is coming regardless so try it, you might like it.

Feck,, even my cycle has electronic gears on it now, and I love them.

• Like 1

I ve had a couple of bullpup guns in the past ,to me there a great alrounder , had the air wolf and the mk4 to me the trigger is the best ive used ,so to me a bullpup with a electronic trigger would be fantastic , but not at that price

I ve had a couple of bullpup guns in the past ,to me there a great alrounder , had the air wolf and the mk4 to me the trigger is the best ive used ,so to me a bullpup with a electronic trigger would be fantastic , but not at that price

Its not a trigger ,its a electrical switch :thumbs:

• Like 1

I love my airwolf, electronic switch and all. It's been faultless so far.

I don't mind the bullpup design, but I don't see many people rushing to buy it at £1795 which is the cost of the gun in the photo (or close enough). Mind you I spent £1400 on the Airwolf when it was new.

Oh and you can swap the side lever to to the other side easily apparently so the only thing the southpaws will have different is the position of the screen.

Simon

Edited by SimonC_Here

Its not a trigger ,its a electrical switch :thumbs:

well its the best electrical switch trigger ive used:thumbs:
  • Like 1

This rifle may be styled like a bullpup, but it is no pup, more like a ruddy elephant!

pulsar1_zpsb441e200.jpg

That is Ted holding one. Now a bullpup is supposed to be a compact design for use in confined spaces. That is the size of a flaming BSA Ultra, but with a damned high scope rail! So as long as an Ultra but none of the advantages! it is huge. I have the mutant cheese grater, that is very compact not much past the forward hand hold position. That is like a carbine!

The electronic trigger is a joy to use.

I was used to one of the best triggers in the world on the air ranger, the locktime was amazing, and the feel was unlike anything I have shot. I moved to electronic, and fell in love with it instantly.

The feel is tremendous, and again, locktime is as close to zero as I think anything could get. Basically a micro switch, and operates like one.

The gauge is accurate, the shot count etc, may not be for everyone, but it works, and it works well.

Don`t write them off because you don`t fancy electronic gizmos,, the future is coming regardless so try it, you might like it.

Feck,, even my cycle has electronic gears on it now, and I love them.

I agree with what you say Rake, these electronic triggers with this type of rifle have worked well for you and clearly won you over but, is this amount of technology really worth the £2,000 or near as dammit price-tag of this Pulsar?

I'm all for technological advances that actually work as well as you say and business making profits but, the picture of Ted handling it clearly shows who this rifle is aimed at (No terrible pun intended).

I've got my better side saying "Don't knock it till you try it" fair enough.. But what is there here with this Pulsar, that we are not getting from shooting with an accurate, if conventional air rifle costing a shed load less?

It would have to be bloody amazing!

Simon

• Like 1