Hares Pairing Up

out for a walk this morning,with the dogs.and noticedthat quite a few hares were starting to box, and follow the females trail,is it just me or is this early or not,i know the seasons are changing but this is the earliest i have seen this,any of you lads noticed it in your areas.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends how much time they got and the weather, brush it, or put a hat on...................

We have a season for hare here in NI , 12th august till 31st January. .. but the boys will still run them all year and think theyve got a great mutt cause its catching pregnant hares or leverets..

What's f***ing things up is the idiots dumping them in the ditches..... and this has happened for years, why I began detecting today's competitive coursing, one for the pot does me

We have a season for hare here in NI , 12th august till 31st January. .. but the boys will still run them all year and think theyve got a great mutt cause its catching pregnant hares or leverets..

• Like 3

Say hunting licence 30 quid per year

Million people hunting one form or another

30 million every year

Decent chunk of money annually

Then all the money re jobs ' suppliers' hospitality ect ect making hunting Legal once more would bring to the economy

It makes sense.

Hunting back under a hunting licence .

With a quarry quota too . :thumbs:

Say hunting licence 30 quid per year

Million people hunting one form or another

30 million every year

Decent chunk of money annually

Then all the money re jobs ' suppliers' hospitality ect ect making hunting Legal once more would bring to the economy

It makes sense.

Hunting back under a hunting licence .

With a quarry quota too . :thumbs:

as much as I like the idea of a hunting licence a quota too I don't think it would work

the land we hunt up by you has a few on it but we never go near them, packed with rabbits too, again left alone

the land we hunt up by you has a few on it but we never go near them, packed with rabbits too, again left alone

pm me where ill leave the foxes for you :laugh:

• Like 1

So, you want all other fieldsports to pay a licence fee just so you can legally course, while at the same time you would ban part of the sport that the shooters (who are supporting you in paying a licence in exchange for coursing to be legalised) enjoy.

You'll have a hard job convincing the shooting community to scratch your back when all you're doing is pissing on theirs. Especially seeing as a licence would not benefit the majority of fieldsports at all. Even the 30M you quote is piss in the ocean to what shooting alone is worth to the British economy.

I just don't get your reasoning here.

I wasn't arguing coursing vs shooting. I wouldn't, I think both are valuable British fieldsports. I was arguing how you could justify enforcing a game licence on shooters, solely for the benefit of coursing men, when you would gladly stab shooters in the back.

But if you insist, the example you gave is illogical. Going in a keepers pen to butcher his birds is mindless vandalism. Shooting hares on a shooting estate is of no concern for coursing men. The two aren't even similar. Now if you said, how would a keeper feel about a coursing man shooting pheasants on a coursing estate that had nothing to do with the keeper (which is the correct reverse of situation you gave), then I I imagine the keeper wouldn't give a f**k.

Edited by Born Hunter