Smithfield , Tumblers....

There's an advert in the countrymans for 'genuine Smithfield lurchers'. Does anyone own/work one if so how do they hold up? Also what are they made up of? And does anyone know how much he charges?! As some of you may have seen I'm looking to get a pup, I've one in mind but nothing is concrete so I'm still looking. Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those were back in the 70's but there's really no reason to believe they were from a "genuine smithfield" either in my opinion.

Many years ago,... I travelled the length and breadth of the UK ,.searching for the mythical Smithfield Collie.... We had relatives in New Zealand working with Huntaway types that were often referred

That Jeff is a fcking lunatic (in a harmless way) even witb the story's. I lived round corner from him bumped into regular. .. he's full of shit and believes it...   Dog wise seen one work during d

Posted Images

I've been told he had some good dogs in the 70's, back when he used to work them. These days they seem to cross allsorts into them. Even in the 70's it's doubtful that much of "drovers dogs" remained in them. The line might well still throw a few good ones but Geoff seems a perfect example of what can happen if you start believing your own bullshit. You could always ring him up for a chat and make your own mind up.

• Like 3