Sunderland Afc

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How re they getting on nowadays ?

Just watching that game on Match of the Day.....wasnt a penalty in a million years Max.   And Spurs 3rd goal dissallowed for offside when the geezer was in his own half ...hows that work.

well because of keegan 92 the jawdees are above us again but the plastic jawdee nation divant understand its only a glip we did them 4 in a row didnt max mention that and run them up and down ther

Posted Images

Well this has taken a funny twist :D Brigzy in ol Max,s defence has it not crossed your mind that he might just be reading that newspaper and picking up those catchy phrases to use on here ?.............Just a thought like.

I think the atmosphere in some of these traditional old grounds is far better than the great big wide open arena,s where noise is lost and atmosphere is hard to generate......look at Arsenal for example....Highbury used to have a cracking atmosphere whereas The Emirates is one of the most miserabe grounds ive been to....more people dont always mean more atmosphere.

Every team in every league would get bigger crowds with more attractive football and more success

Even more so in the Premiership with European Football on offer Gnash including West Ham.

Well thats not loyal support !......When we have been in the Championship our average has gone down by a few thousand yours go,s down by 22 thousand !!

Your not getting it it's how many thru the door not how many emptey seats

Safc fans have been dished up heartache year up on year for best part of 80 yrs

No recent success

Nothing

But still get 44k plus at times

Never mind the 4k emptey

Ask BlackMaggie

That's because the away fans don't sell out lol

Again,you are ducking round the question....i ask again,why do you think your club added 6000 more seats if they didnt expect anyone to sit in them ?

Gnash think iv posted before on here that I don't know why the owners at the time took the stadium from 42k to 48k ?

As iv said we had two top 7 finishes

IMO they should of used the money to bring in

2-3 players of real quality and push for top 4.

Then again if they had we would have 2-4k fans locked out nowdays :)

My guess would be they took the stadium from 42k up to 49k because they thought they would get more support......i mean big businesses dont normally expand for no reason do they.......hence i would imagine the club must be kicking themself that those seats were never filled........i might be wrong Max but im pretty sure in saying the stadium of light has never even come close to having a capacity crowd ever......thats got to be a disappointment surely ?

As for that newspaper Beefy thing whatever it is :blink: you aint gotta justify yourself mate i was just trying to come up with some logic its neither here nor there really :D

Edited by gnasher16

The Stadium of Light has filled on a few occasions ie Totaly sold out

It's also seen loads of 48's ect

What for Take That concerts :D

Handy little point today Defoe is such a natural goalscorer he,ll fit in quickly which is what you want at this stage of the season.

The Stadium of Light has filled on a few occasions ie Totaly sold out

It's also seen loads of 48's ect

What for Take That concerts :D

Handy little point today Defoe is such a natural goalscorer he,ll fit in quickly which is what you want at this stage of the season.

You're right, Gnash. The Stadium of light has never sold out for a football match. They got 48,300 once, but that's not a capacity crowd. They DID, however get 60,000 for a Take That concert.

I really do think some of you are a crazy bunch ayt times, moaning bout things like sunderland not selling out, 40 odd thousand is a great attendance end ov....

Not moaning, BB, just pointing out for the sake of accuracy. Max makes these statements about SoL selling out, it simply hasn't happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_of_Light

Edited by Brigzy

max my reference was most teams in the championship dont take the same amount of fans away has most prem teams do that was in reference to ncl average dropping only a few thousand compared to your 12000 plus and putting my name or beefy makes it sound like your trying to say im beefy now i wouldnt do what he did ever but you can understand him wanting to support a big team with there history and fantastic loyal support must of been a no brainer but it sounds like a few thousand others have done the same ;)

just re read it oops :icon_redface: sorry max yous had a good result yesterday max i didnt think yous would get anything there so fair dos defoe looks like hes the goal threat yous will need crouch is always a goal threat maybe he would of been a decent partner for defoe if yous would of gone in for him

Edited by blackmaggie