Worlds Strongest Man .......

The smaller guys in hight are the best at squats and dead lifts (less to lift)

yeh, they seem to have natural balance to them,and power, you get a lot of very good people at judo , who not over tall as well :yes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldnt fancy their drugs bill for the year

Its only a rough guide i wouldnt get too hung up on it .....a sign you are in good nick is when your bicep,neck and calf are all within an inch of each other . ......................Its like with t

That competition normally takes place in Sept so wont spoil it....the drug testing has always been controversial as although they do test for the standard 5 they just dont test for AAS or any other pe

He was without doubt an exceptionally strong man Glen Ross but for me a competition for body strength should be about winning inspite of your size not because of it.......those events where they would rest the bar on their belts or in his case rest the bar on his stomach to me went against everything strength and fitness should be about.......when you see proper strength athletes like Jouko Ahola or Pudzianowski competing in the same sport as a guy like Glen Ross it just didnt seem right to me.

• Like 3

He was without doubt an exceptionally strong man Glen Ross but for me a competition for body strength should be about winning inspite of your size not because of it.......those events where they would rest the bar on their belts or in his case rest the bar on his stomach to me went against everything strength and fitness should be about.......when you see proper strength athletes like Jouko Ahola or Pudzianowski competing in the same sport as a guy like Glen Ross it just didnt seem right to me.

yeh know what you mean Gnash :thumbs: , was pudzianowski stronger than glen ross ?, thought Pud was great strong man with his agilty/ speed, and raw power prob the best alrounder in that sport :thumbs::yes:

Ross did look like that, Marius got caught and rightly so disqualified, any numpty can get on the roids and look the piece but on a level field will be out performed by genetically gifted men

He was banned for cocaine....if testing for AAS ever came in the whole lot would be disqualified.....hence the reason they dont test for it.

yeh know what you mean Gnash :thumbs: , was pudzianowski stronger than glen ross ?, thought Pud was great strong man with his agilty/ speed, and raw power prob the best alrounder in that sport :thumbs::yes:

The achievements of Pudzianowski and Glenn Ross cant be compared Pudzianowski was arguably the strongest man who ever lived and 4 or 5 time world strongest man....i dont think Ross ever got on the rostrum......he was touching 40 stone at one stage i just find it hard to call somebody like that an athlete but every respect for his natural strength.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

As soon as gear is mentioned,,everybody gets holier than thou,,,,lol

Of course no fecker , on here has smoked a bit of weed,,,dropped the odd pill,,,,or done a line on a night out out.....

• Like 2

Ross did look like that, Marius got caught and rightly so disqualified, any numpty can get on the roids and look the piece but on a level field will be out performed by genetically gifted men

He was banned for cocaine....if testing for AAS ever came in the whole lot would be disqualified.....hence the reason they dont test for it.

The achievements of Pudzianowski and Glenn Ross cant be compared Pudzianowski was arguably the strongest man who ever lived and 4 or 5 time world strongest man....i dont think Ross ever got on the rostrum......he was touching 40 stone at one stage i just find it hard to call somebody like that an athlete but every respect for his natural strength.

i agree Ross could have done a lot better if he lost fat, as the Africa stones, etc he could not interlock his fingers so his was just pure strength to hold them. But mass helps in the sport, it's nigh on impossible to have 5% bmi and stay strong. Bodybuilding and strong man are totally different. Ross found body building easy and stepped up into strong man.

I must admit over the years,,,I've always cheered on the lighter weight lads,,,and most of them are lighter cos there in better shape,,,,the likes of pudzinouski,,,aloha ,,,Taylor ,,,good to see lads with a bodybuilding background do well

• Like 1

I must admit over the years,,,I've always cheered on the lighter weight lads,,,and most of them are lighter cos there in better shape,,,,the likes of pudzinouski,,,aloha ,,,Taylor ,,,good to see lads with a bodybuilding background do well

wasn't pud , a 2nd dan in karate as well. maybe ive got it wrong lol. done weights+ karate my self for 3 years , was ok strong+fast for what I was nothing lol but wouldnt like to tangle with pudzinouski a punch off him you sleep for a week :laugh:

i agree Ross could have done a lot better if he lost fat, as the Africa stones, etc he could not interlock his fingers so his was just pure strength to hold them. But mass helps in the sport, it's nigh on impossible to have 5% bmi and stay strong. Bodybuilding and strong man are totally different. Ross found body building easy and stepped up into strong man.

Thats exactly my point i dont think he could have done better at his natural size he was good because of his size not inspite of it... watch Glenn Ross at near 40 stone on a bodyweight event like the truck pull and then watch Jouko Ahola at barely 20 stone on the truck pull the difference in pure strength is massive ....and ultimately its a competition of body strength not body size.......Ahola was around 12% no strength athlete can compete much lower than that.

By the way mate....he didnt find bodybuilding easy at all,infact the whole reason he went over to strongman was because he couldnt hold down low bodyfat he would become numb and lose feeling its a common problem for many bodybuilders....hence with a carefree diet he put massive weight on so easily......cholestorol is genetic somebody like Glen was able to eat massive amounts of grease and fat over long periods and suffer no ill effects.

Edited by gnasher16

wasn't pud , a 2nd dan in karate as well. maybe ive got it wrong lol. done weights+ karate my self for 3 years , was ok strong+fast for what I was nothing lol but wouldnt like to tangle with pudzinouski a punch off him you sleep for a week :laugh:

Green belt ... He also plays amateur rugby..

He won wsm 5 times ..

[quote name="gnasher16" post="3824994"

Thats it mate.....you often find the smaller lads ( not that 16 stone is small ) try to bulk up for the open comps but their bodies just cant deal with the extra calories and they just cant compete with the big lads.....i used to train regularly with Jimmy Marku he was another one who just wasnt quite big enough to compete at the very highest level yet his core strength was unreal,probably on par with the big 30 stone boys in a pound for pound competition.......id quite like to see those competitions done in a weight lifted/bodyweight ratio kind of format where you see who truly has the strongest body......a bit like the old dog weight pulling competitions if you remember.....but it just wouldnt make sense with the loading events and suchlike.

Wasn't he jailed for smuggling drugs? bad influence you are gnash lol

anyway lay off us fat lads capes did pretty well for a fatty lol