2015 Litters...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proposed sire  

My bitch finally came in to heat and was lined today. 3/4 Wheaton 1/4 greyhound dog. To a 3/4 Wheaton 1/4 greyhound x saluki greyhound hybrid.

Not long to go now. I hope she's carrying a lot of fluid or I'll have my hands full. Poor little bitch is ready to burst.

Posted Images

Am breeding my first cross collie greyhound bitch in a week shes from hancocks black white bitch out of arther and the dog am useing is a blue merle first cross i bread him a few years ago out of a track greyhound bitch to a border collie dog off a hill farm in brecon all good workers should make good pups

So merle x merle in the breeding?

• Like 1

Am breeding my first cross collie greyhound bitch in a week shes from hancocks black white bitch out of arther and the dog am useing is a blue merle first cross i bread him a few years ago out of a track greyhound bitch to a border collie dog off a hill farm in brecon all good workers should make good pups

and your point is ?

i think you could be one of these people who havent a clue about merle , but are going to spout bullshit that you know nothing about

and your point is ?

i think you could be one of these people who havent a clue about merle , but are going to spout bullshit that you know nothing about

You are, of course, entitled to think and say whatever you like ......however, perhaps anyone contemplating breeding,or indeed, more importantly, purchasing from a littler with merle x merle in the near heritage, ought to look into the potential outcome with regards to sight and hearing problems, not bullshit, but scientific fact........

• Like 2

and your point is

You are, of course, entitled to think and say whatever you like ......however, perhaps anyone contemplating breeding,or indeed, more importantly, purchasing from a littler with merle x merle in the near heritage, ought to look into the potential outcome with regards to sight and hearing problems, not bullshit, but scientific fact........
scientific fact..... you find me a page link that says a solid coloured mutt mated to a merle coloured dog causes problems ...

A mutt is either merle or its not , it doesnt carry merle genes nor can a none merle produce a merle ...

yes merle x merle is bad but solid colour out of merle parents x merle isnt , if it was the border collie would of been f****d as a breed long ago ..

Edited by chid21
  • Like 3

As said merle is dominant gene so it would show in the coat if a dog carries it. I think in fairness though any merle dog has a higher chance of potential problems such as blindness due to the pigment issues with merles, but as said these problems only generally cause issues in double merle gene dogs ie both parents merle atb

Maybe and it's a maybe

Pure Greyhound Art Banksy

Over a bitch that's Splodge x Fettle

Art Banksy a top Marathon Greyhound that held the Notts 905 m track record

His Sire was arguably the Greatest Greyhound of all time Westmead Hawk

His dam line was the Suicidal Paced

Premier Fantasy

Splodge won the Forley Legends' runner up a week later in the Forley Cup ' same year won a 16 dog invitation stake.

Fettle won the Forley Cup.

So all in all Great Animals and Blood all the way thru.

Nice blood going together there out interest what name of the bitch ???

Why reason back to a track grey not another well bred coursing dog???

and your point is

scientific fact..... you find me a page link that says a solid coloured mutt mated to a merle coloured dog causes problems ...

A mutt is either merle or its not , it doesnt carry merle genes nor can a none merle produce a merle ...

yes merle x merle is bad but solid colour out of merle parents x merle isnt , if it was the border collie would of been f****d as a breed long ago ..

And Merle mutts go for more money!!!!

Here's hoping!!

DSC_0909_zpsj8drwmpk.jpg

I'm joking by the way, colour is nothing, although I do have a soft spot for em.

• Like 2