Flat Foot Bull X

I've seen bull xs with worse feet than that graft hard week in and week out.

I'd give the dog a chance he's got a nice stamp to him and you say you were pleased with how he worked when you had him out.

atb whatever you decide to do :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give the dog a load of road walking. And get him fit before running him again.poor dogs been kenneled up for months like you said. Ide give him a chance but upto you atb shaun

I cant believe the crap I am hearing.. Dont keep a Bullx or any other dog with flat feet. It will go lame because it IS a running dog and needs good feet. A pure Bull should not have flat or bad feet.

Nobody has mentioned speed or weight, both major factors, its when the pressure on those feet counts, lighter dogs normally do better than the larger heavier ones, WM

Posted Images

I cant believe the crap I am hearing.. Dont keep a Bullx or any other dog with flat feet. It will go lame because it IS a running dog and needs good feet. A pure Bull should not have flat or bad feet. Everything a dog does,especially a running dog start from its feet.. If you are going to run Bullxs then insist on perfect feet. Ive kept and bred them for quite a few years,and I would cull a pup ive bred with flat feet..Ive culled pups Ive bought in when there feet have turned out bad.. Anyone who tells you that flat feet are ok are simply not dog men..confirmation is important,and good feet are vital.

• Like 5

I cant believe the crap I am hearing.. Dont keep a Bullx or any other dog with flat feet. It will go lame because it IS a running dog and needs good feet. A pure Bull should not have flat or bad feet. Everything a dog does,especially a running dog start from its feet.. If you are going to run Bullxs then insist on perfect feet. Ive kept and bred them for quite a few years,and I would cull a pup ive bred with flat feet..Ive culled pups Ive bought in when there feet have turned out bad.. Anyone who tells you that flat feet are ok are simply not dog men..confirmation is important,and good feet are vital.

I've flat feet myself and ive won 300 m sprints and ran cross country at a high standard! I wasn't culled and either should a lurcher seen ones with fleet like a pancake and they had a heart thats what they! It makes no difference!
  • Like 2

Try getting it's feet right by road walking an trotting down a quiet road couple of times a week an get him fit try the dog in the field if it goes lame could be breeding or just the fool that's kennelled it for so long fault but give it a chance before it get put on the wheel of Fortune on hear

If the dogs does what its serpose too..the feet shouldn't come in to it..flat feet don't look pretty but looks don't kill.heart does..

Not really mate, if the feet are too weak from the general use of pure greyhound blood in most crosses, they will snap like twigs if that dog uses even half the heart that it should have. And a dog with shitty feet is fecking useless even with the heart of a lion. Mine had decent feet for his type, but line breeding helps keep some things right, and there are bull/greys out there with decent feet for sure.

• Like 1

some of the best bulls in history have had flat feet fact had there legs broken etc and worked again and don't say they are not a running dog the strain and stress they put through them selves working is extream and slatmills or other training to condition them to work is prob more than a bull x will ever see after all they don't fight with there feet

some of the best bulls in history have had flat feet fact had there legs broken etc and worked again and don't say they are not a running dog the strain and stress they put through them selves working is extream and slatmills or other training to condition them to work is prob more than a bull x will ever see after all they don't fight with there feet

Running a 50 60 70 80lb Greyhound x, turning at high speed on uneven, stoney, hard rutted ground. I beg to differ.

Have you run a fast high drive Bull x? They need good feet or good luck.

• Like 1

Although i do agree that any running dog is far better off with great feet, I can honestly say i've seen some crackers with bloody awful feet!

This is an old post and without reading all back, i can only hope the dog was took on, made fit and tried, just because feet look bloody awful don't mean they are bloody awful...

As Stabba and others have said, this cross can suffer from poor 'lookin' feet but until you've tried em you'll never know how they perform..!

Thats where it goes wrong. Because a dog does well in its work in spite of bad feet there are people who look past a fault and breed it again and again.. That does not make it good.

Although i do agree that any running dog is far better off with great feet, I can honestly say i've seen some crackers with bloody awful feet!

This is an old post and without reading all back, i can only hope the dog was took on, made fit and tried, just because feet look bloody awful don't mean they are bloody awful...

As Stabba and others have said, this cross can suffer from poor 'lookin' feet but until you've tried em you'll never know how they perform..!

Its nothing to do with looks..its about performance.. If they look bad they are going to perform bad. If you ever get a chance look at dogs feet in action on a slow motion film. You will see how complex and what stress they are under.. How ever they perform will be less than if they had good feet, thats certain.

• Like 1

It all comes down to how they hold up when worked hard I guess.

You will never get to test a dog with flat as well as one with good. Its like racing a bike with flat tyres,it can never be at its best.

Also,no amount of road work will ever improve bad feet. It will only cause suffering. Road work can help maintain good feet.

Edited by jeemes

Its nothing to do with looks..its about performance.. If they look bad they are going to perform bad. If you ever get a chance look at dogs feet in action on a slow motion film. You will see how complex and what stress they are under.. How ever they perform will be less than if they had good feet, thats certain.

But if we are answering this post on how the dogs feet look, we can only assume as to how they perform.

From personal expierience i've seen flat feet stand up to everything and good 'lookin' feet smash like bolsa wood.

It would also be fair to say that the dog with possibly the worst feet i've ever seen was also the best fox dog i've ever seen and killed numbers few would belive.