Ford Ranger Reviews

Before i start merry christmas and a happy new year to everyone. I have been resear himg pickups for a while now and am tempted by a ford ranger however searching the internet and youtube there arent really any reviews for a ranger, all the other pickups have been reviewed several times but not the ranger the one im thinking of is a 2.5 or 3.0 tdci 2007 ish reg thunder or wildtrak anyone got anything or any experience with one re mpv reliability etc there are supposed to be one of the best. l200 and navara unreliable and hilux too expensive

• Like 1

There are reviews on the 'net, and I fancied a ford ranger so I asked mates who had/have them. The opinions vary wildly from too heavy on the juice and truck like ride; to best "real" pickup out there !

I Think it depends on what you want it for. If you want a crossover from a family vehicle to something to do the odd bit of work, then there are better choices. If you want something a bit more heavy duty that can also be used as a car, then it's the one. I'd personally go for a Hilux, but they hold their price very well, but you are getting probably the most reliable and best of both worlds pickup.

there a forums on the net about the ranger i used them when i had mine the forums are all about which model and how to fix it when it brecks down oh and it will brake down,had mine 2 years 2.5 thunder silver electric everything top of range looked beautiful but always in repair at least once a month could.nt wait to get shut and ya need a bank loan to go any distance dont get one thats my advice

Is that 30 mpg on the td i engine? Thats not great ive heard reports of better on the other trucks. I have read the written reports but not a video review like the others have on youtube. I deally like the look of the ranger but i guess hilux is the way to go what is the 3.0 invincible like? Is that the top spec one the truck is for me to mess about in fishing and shooting and doing up the house but i want a nice interior as it will be carting the kids about also

If you bothered about mpg don't get a truck.minus 30mpg is about the norm.I never been with out a truck on my drive since I passed my test.3o year ago.got a invincible at Min.a new one and I'm not impressed had loads of prob.going back to Isuzu.can't beat em

Edited by Qbgrey
  • Like 1

ive had most of the pick ups on the market at one time or other, and the ranger is ok, but thats all. they all have their faults, but best of the lot is the isuzu for my money. however i havent had one of the vw pickups, ive heard a lot f good stuff about them though

I have read that the amatok owners were having alot of problems with thier pickups also ive got maybe 12 grand to spend

12 grand ...... get a feckin hilux then ... just go for summat a bit older it will still be better than the newer none hiluxs

• Like 2