Turned Out Nice....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been real busy the last few months... We took the mole trapping contract on a large sporting estate,..it has paid extremely well and kept the wolf from the door. The downside, is that most of

A few night ago the wind was blowing hard and we took the dogs for a spin up the road here for a few rabbits. Now these rabbits were well out on small arable fields. Most fields were on hillsides. Yo

This is Banjo,..litter brother to Sirius's youngster ....   They are bred, lurcher to lurcher,..mostly Collie/Whippet and Greyhound blood...    

Think it looks skinny if you think its a half x collie , but having whippet in there and a bit of saluki , it looks grand to me ...

Owner is happy ,the breeder is happy thats all that matters

• Like 5

nice type saw afew like that over the years , if they have the minerals can make a good all round dog ,i like seeing racy collie types ,rather than ones that are pure collie , . nice dog

Edited by fluff
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

nice type saw afew like that over the years , if they have the minerals can make a good all round dog ,i like seeing racy collie types ,rather than ones that are pure collie , . nice dog

I would agree there... :yes:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

ye only rabbits but a rabbit can still run and are sharp ,saw collie fied dogs toiling on a good rabbit like seeing them snapped up and on to the next ,but better still a dog you dont have to talk to for most of the day as they no there job and come back as quick as they can great sport

• Like 3

A few night ago the wind was blowing hard and we took the dogs for a spin up the road here for a few rabbits.

Now these rabbits were well out on small arable fields. Most fields were on hillsides. You need to catch these rabbits quick before they are at top speed and over the hill and out the beam.

The youngster missed a couple but soon 'clicked' that that it was a strike early and catch them quick type of situation. Great to watch lots of tumbling catches, he did well and sure has some speed about him. And I was impressed to see some tidy speedy retrieves considering we had another dog with us.

Would a heavy dog do so well? Hard to say I suppose, but I think his style will be useful to me.

• Like 6

very true i run on fast land , and a bit of pace doesnt go wrong , or somenites the bag would be empty , had 2or3 goodnites last week ,no pace, no game, just the way it is on some land cant beat seeing a dog snatching them up, full pace and back fast for the next one good dog

A few night ago the wind was blowing hard and we took the dogs for a spin up the road here for a few rabbits.

Now these rabbits were well out on small arable fields. Most fields were on hillsides. You need to catch these rabbits quick before they are at top speed and over the hill and out the beam.

The youngster missed a couple but soon 'clicked' that that it was a strike early and catch them quick type of situation. Great to watch lots of tumbling catches, he did well and sure has some speed about him. And I was impressed to see some tidy speedy retrieves considering we had another dog with us.

Would a heavy dog do so well? Hard to say I suppose, but I think his style will be useful to me.

You'll be right with that youngster,...he has a good mouth,..just like his Dam... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

to right he will ,got the makings ,and the shape ,youle not get that breeding a collie to any greyhound or a reverse threeqaurter ,thats running dog to running dog takes longer but when you get the good ones well they make you famous and sometimes break youre heart ,hope he does you proud

• Like 1

to right he will ,got the makings ,and the shape ,youle not get that breeding a collie to any greyhound or a reverse threeqaurter ,thats running dog to running dog takes longer but when you get the good ones well they make you famous and sometimes break youre heart ,hope he does you proud

Are you the infamous Whin?

• Like 4