Driver Awareness Course

I went on my driver awareness course last night as I was bad and exceeded the speed limit by a couple of miles per hour. :icon_redface:

I was horrified to see how little people actually knew about driving and I wonder how they ever passed their tests.

One of the questions was "What is the speed limit for a car on a motorway?" There were 22 of us in the class. 4 thought it was 50, 1 thought it was 60, 16 of us got it right, and 1 thought it was 80.

Only 1 of us (me :D ) knew that the black diagonal stripe on a white background means National Speed Limit.

There were loads more examples, but it's worrying to think we're sharing the road with these numpties.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ones that said 50 should be banned for a year and made to re sit there test. There the folk that go 50 in a 70 and 40 in a 60 holding everybody up and causing accidents. Was behind some prick the

That's two questions i'll get right when I go on mine in Feb ...

uk trucks made after 1987 are by law limited to 56 mph , new ones are around 54 mph this is checked every year at MOT time .... so you must either going slower than you think or every truck that is fl

Did they question any of them on positioning and signalling at roundabouts?

No. It wasn't an advanced course. :laugh:

After a few minutes talking to that lot, I'm surprised he didn't describe the steering wheel as "that round thing between you and the screen".

The ones that said 50 should be banned for a year and made to re sit there test. There the folk that go 50 in a 70 and 40 in a 60 holding everybody up and causing accidents.

Was behind some prick the other night driving on a 60 and he was doing 40......got to the town which is a 30 and he continued to do 40....rage! Wish it was legal to batter these folk aff the road like!!!

• Like 5

The ones that said 50 should be banned for a year and made to re sit there test. There the folk that go 50 in a 70 and 40 in a 60 holding everybody up and causing accidents.

Was behind some prick the other night driving on a 60 and he was doing 40......got to the town which is a 30 and he continued to do 40....rage! Wish it was legal to batter these folk aff the road like!!!

So you must be the prick that tail gates everyone in front for a few mins before overtaking?

• Like 1

Totally agree :yes:

Going 20 under on the motorway is far more likely to cause an accident than going 20 over.

Going 20 under on the motorway is far more likely to cause an accident than going 20 over.

How you work that one out?

How you work that one out?

If conditions are right doing 80 or 90 is no more dangerous than doing 70, doing 50 when the flow of traffic is around 70 or 80 is always dangerous though.

Driving safely on the motorway is all about going with the flow of traffic ;)

Edited by BGD

So you must be the prick that tail gates everyone in front for a few mins before overtaking?

If your the prick doing 40 in a 60 then yes I'm the prick that's tail gaiting ye!!.....lol

Only thing is I'm confident in my driving and your obviously not so be safer wi you off the road.

• Like 1