£300 Quid Lighter..

So I took my bitch for a morning walk on Saturday, we do it every morning so it was just an average day.. I thought!

Whilst on the walk she spots a duck. Takes after the duck with my two labs having some fun, she then decides to jump a barbed wire fence where she cut her leg and chest right open. So much blood. Poor girl was screaming it was horrible, straight down the vets and she was put straight into surgery and stitched back up, they were brilliant to be fair. Just a pitty she's out of work now..

Everyone please take care when dogs are jumping barbed wire fencing 9/10 they get it right but looks like Iv been unlucky!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you had found a lighter worth £300

Because I'm watching you Hoppy...... move a little to the left so I can see you better

Was it in a feild or public right of way ? I only ask as fencing near footpaths and bridle ways have to have plane wire on the top and barbed wire below so the land owner could be liable !!

Posted Images

Hope she makes a quick recovery mate.

Out of interest, how familiar with jumping barbed wire is she?

And do people tend to stay away from the stuff or familiarise the dogs with it?

I have been doing the latter with my pup since she was about 10 months old. Now 18 months and we are around barbed wire of various height most days. She has had a few knocks and now gives the stuff a good clearance.

Of course the law of averages says that sooner or later she will slip up and get a rip, say she jumps barbed wire 20-30 times a week and some dogs only jump it 2-3 times a week. Odds are stacked against me for an accident. But as said above she does seem to have learnt a respect for it and without hesitation gives it a good 12 inch clearance.

What do others think?