Saluki

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

our 1st x takes fox anytime it presents itself.he spent 2 seasons out with a hound pack and took them at every oppertunity. everything hes been asked to do he has,hes taken some stick from them to

Fuji, it really baffles me how you can say that a dog that boxes is only any good for big land, imo a clever dog that tries to keep a hare away from cover is better off on smaller land where it can ge

My two the dog is the boxy type, very direct, on rabbits, boxy on the long ears, direct when flushing Roe has a great nose on him, bitch is direct, can run clever as well, she is clean bred saluki/whi

Fuji, it really baffles me how you can say that a dog that boxes is only any good for big land, imo a clever dog that tries to keep a hare away from cover is better off on smaller land where it can get an extended run from using its brains and not pushing its quarry straight into cover, like fast brainless dogs can do, a dog needs to box less on a big open fen than it does on smaller land with more cover about, so surely it's an advantage to have a dog that boxes for smaller land don't you think

of course your right and the animal running within itself will lend to more runs very good post .atb bunnys.

Fuji, it really baffles me how you can say that a dog that boxes is only any good for big land, imo a clever dog that tries to keep a hare away from cover is better off on smaller land where it can get an extended run from using its brains and not pushing its quarry straight into cover, like fast brainless dogs can do, a dog needs to box less on a big open fen than it does on smaller land with more cover about, so surely it's an advantage to have a dog that boxes for smaller land don't you think

of course your right and the animal running within itself will lend to more runs very good post .atb bunnys.

A Saluki can box a hare and its a trait of its that to some is an art and an aid in it's work? Correct? ..a Collie may stalk its prey and tries to predict the route its quarry will take so is this also not a trait and art to help it put game in the bag? Apparently not the latter is half hearted lol

• Like 2

Two ways to look at it if your out to fill the freezer some would say the whizz bangers get the job done, but if you out for sport and the chase is more than the kill then boxing or stalking and running intelligent makes it more enjoyable. only negative if your trespassing in search of and the dogs start playing up to the video lol :laugh::thumbs:

There are loads of saluki cross bred litters and a large percentage are shit. Far less pures about but unfortunately there are a lot of dicks breeding pures for coin and f***ing the breed up. Its better to have quality in a small amount than an abundance of shite.

I think you could say this for all manner of types in both lurchers and purebreds desertbred? I will add though that I get sick to death of hearing people whose dogs live off the reputaion of one or more in it's lineage..yes its great to know your dogs are out of proven workers but its even better when your own hard work pays off and your own dog makes his mark in the field..it boils my piss to hear people saying their dogs are out of this and that or littermate to this when in reality their own dog has done fook all!! Next scenario is pups on the ground and being sold on the assumption their dog could/should or would be better than its littermates or whatever? It ain't uncommon infact there's more litters being bred like this then any other method id imagine?..then we wonder why there are so many inferior "well bred" dogs around..oh well rant over for now haha..oh and before anyone jumps down my throat,my crew see a wee bit..I have no pups forthcoming either haha..just whinging about the state of affairs some of the b*****ds who call themselves dogmen have managed to tarnish the names of good working dogs by breeding from untested animals just to make a few £££££....

decent post fugi and get yas drift far to many untested stock bred from ,but there be lots breeding from young stock i suppose if its for ones own needs it dont matter but this his i fear not the case .i also believe a well tested line of amnimals deserves a fair price yrs have gone in to them and one can nhindsight have a generall idea of what one his begetting .atb bunnys.

• Like 1

Give your head a shake Spiderfly the lad asked about salukis when he started the topic you went of topic and introduced bullx,sand began talking talking bollocks.Do you know any saluki lines Idoubt it so why should I waste my time discussing them with you. As for blowing my dogs up if I have done this tell me what dogs I have got? You are a grade A divvy I said with a good saluki you don't need to x feck all let alone bull its kids in the game who introduced the bulls and the only times bulldogs contributed anything was in the 1800,s to put a bit of aggression in the greyhound stock that had been imported here but you being a expert stockman would be able to explain all that you really are a plank so now I will ignore any posts you make. :bye:

you ask me a question but yet you will ignore my posts? Your a bright one, I didn't bring bull x in other guys did and said they aren't needed! So who's the prize prick now! You have full breed salukis that bate cover kill foxes hares in any land!? Is that not what you said? It's big mouths like you that ruin this forum! Your so narrow minded you think salukis are the best, well they might he for you but not for others! You get good and bad in all but the way you take if with get a line off you, they will even kill a wolf or field mouse! Is that not blowing up a dog? ?

Putting longdogs on fox lol whats it come to

any long dog should be able to do fox the original long dog was dh x gray wasint it what dogs do you run by the JACKER
any longdog lol 90% of longdogs cry like little girls on them well real coursing men dont run fox anyway must not be getting them runs on hare better on with a whippit
  • Like 1

any long dog should be able to do fox the original long dog was dh x gray wasint it what dogs do you run by the JACKER
any longdog lol 90% of longdogs cry like little girls on them well real coursing men dont run fox anyway must not be getting them runs on hare better on with a whippit
that wouldn't suprise me with you bringing it on haha you're a gobshite

you dont half big the fox up most dogs kill them its weather they keep on doin it haha youre a strap on