Being as how theres a few boxing topics floating around at the moment thought id remind folk of a fascinating contest in the early hours.......love him or hate him you have to admire Hopkins as an athlete and a fighting man.......50 years old this year i would love to see him do it but i cant help thinking this could be the first stoppage of his career.....its some challenge in front of him i dont think it will be much of a fight but im intrigued to see how it plays out..............certainly a cracking month ahead for uk fight fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9-TtwJQpXk

• Like 3

Floating his arms all over the place.... i could only watch a few minutes of it !........Kirkland Laing springs to mind he did some odd things at times......all the Ingle fighters seem to do a bit of it as well Naz,Witter....even Johnny Nelson if i remember right.....not my cuppa tea.

Beterbiev was some talent as an amateur and also beat Kovalev twice in the amateurs,he's won all six fights as a pro so far by stoppage ,and in his last fight kod Tavoris Cloud (who was IBF champion last last year) in the second round.Hes a couple of years younger than Kovalev so this could be a huge fight in the making between Beterbiev and Kovalev.

Beterbiev was some talent as an amateur and also beat Kovalev twice in the amateurs,he's won all six fights as a pro so far by stoppage ,and in his last fight kod Tavoris Cloud (who was IBF champion last last year) in the second round.Hes a couple of years younger than Kovalev so this could be a huge fight in the making between Beterbiev and Kovalev.

Yeah it'd definitely be a good match up. See if kovalev has overcame his nemesis. Only then can you call yourself a champion in my opinion.

Thats the link to the Beterbiev v cloud fight if anyone wants to watch it.

Edited by Its_grim_up_norf

Hopkins done well to survive reading that

FairPlay to the bloke.

He's def a one off

Might sound a little harsh but i was really dissappointed with Hopkins performance,people say what courage and guts he has to get in the ring at 50.....i dont see any courage whatsoever in hanging in to go the distance without actively trying to win the fight.....for someone of Hopkins stature and fighting spirit i expected him to give it a go.......boxing isnt an endurance competition its a fighting competition the fact he didnt win a single round on any of the judges cards suggests the fight wasnt competetive.

If thats his last fight then its himself he has to look in the mirror at and when he asks " did i give that last fight everything i had " im not sure he,ll like the answer if he,s honest.