Keeping Dogs Warm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THIS WAY NO WA#KER CAN NICK THEM,,LOL

I don't think what you use is the important bit so much, whether its straw, shredded paper or blankets. but as long as its DRY, DRAUGHT FREE and WARM, it will take no harm as far as im concerned a WA

Can't beat a turf fire and a hot whiskey lads keeps me warm lol

Posted Images

as the man said, clean dry draught free, i dont really like shavings or such i like something the dog can burrow into if it wants to duvets from the charity shop are great, just throw them away when they get too filthy. i have one of those tube heaters, but as my dogs are in a brick built converted garage, i only put it on if its close to freezing, or if they are wet. if you have a proper kennel, i think size is important. the smaller it is, the warmer it will keep but it should be just big enough for the dog to lay flat on its side if it wants to.

my young bitch was put out side to months ago...at about 8 month,,,shes not taking well to the fire works so soft old me has desided she can come back in,,shes good as gold in the house enyways...fecking dog hairs, that bother me on the kids cloths...

Can't see me kenneling dogs again mate. With the thefts that are going on everywhere. I work nights and sleep during the day so any f****r could be messing around the back garden. Padlocks and chains only get you so much security. I wouldn't be able to rest.

Them being warm and comfortable is just a bonus.

• Like 1

have shot over both the dogs in the kennels but they do tend to try it on a bit when the main firework display in the pub up the road is on. got an old bitch in the house, couldnt be doing with the other two dirty fookers in here as well :laugh:

I have high sided wooden box inside block kennels draught free with thick blankets & vet bed but not enough height for a heat lamp so I bought mine greyhound kennel coats just to wear through the night on cold nights & they love em. Cheap as chips & have lasted 3 yrs this year & still look like new when there washed plus no expensive electric bills. :thumbs:

• Like 1