they ARE sold and the reasons are many. when relationships break. when someone passes on. when they give up . or more often when the dog dont suit em/ size / work style. some folk like a big un some folk dont like a dog that will stay for ever. :thumbs: The most common reason in my opinion . you will get the chance of a good un. is when the seller wouldnt know a good dog if it bit him on the arse. :yes:

• Like 3

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you put a value on the years of blood sweet and tears of failures and loosing good dogs to ground and just when you dare think you might of got the one, for some shitehouse that's been in the

Over the years I've been fortunate enough to witness some very good dogs . I'm a gamekeeper and although I have terriers myself , none are top 100% dogs , bolters and spewers . But they serve me ok .

well this is just my opinion, but its also a lot to do with what one describes as a "working terrier" !!   It seems that most of the people now a days ASSUME they have a working terrier, simply j

well this is just my opinion, but its also a lot to do with what one describes as a "working terrier" !!

It seems that most of the people now a days ASSUME they have a working terrier, simply just because it has been born a russell a lakeland a fell or border, and it seems there is a good many men on here that think they have a working terrier because its been bred from such and such a name. they also class a terrier as "working" if it catches the odd rat or works rabbits in cover or runs the odd empty earth or artifical, or ragged a dispatched fox and growled its tonsils out.

But then thank god there is other men who keep terriers and they know that a terrier can only be classed as a working terrier, when it does what the terrier over the last 200-250 years has been bred to do and that is EARTH WORK, day after day week after week, every time its, below ground it will be in very close proximity to a very big set of sharp teeth in total pitch black, confined spaces with an infuriated pest defending ITS right to live!

So to me a terrier can only be classed as a worker if every time he has dropped and opened on quarry below ground, you do not see that terrier again until the fox has either bolted from the hole, or the terrier is DUG out! in deep or shallow it will matter not for there will be no other place that terrier would want to be, thats why when you open up that little warriors tail will be wagging like rotar blades on a helicopter for he just loves his job!

True working terriers are like True friends.....few and far between!!.....Working terriers are born......then made.....there not just a working terrier because it has been born a russell or patterdale, there just working terrier breeds, its also not a working terrier if it has bolted the odd fox and dug 1 or 2..... it takes many many times of earth work !

Real WORKING TERRIERS are like real TRUE FRIENDS....and by true friends i mean 1s you can really rely on for anything! these kind of friends are very hard to find..... WORKING TERRIERS the real 1s you can rely on for at EARTH WORK are also very hard to find.....

so how can you put a PRICE on that???

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Would just like to say thank you to a chap of here on behalf of my diging partner.My mate had only the 1 dog and was lets say stuck.Last wk another mate of mine of thl phoned me up to say a friend of his was giving up the diging and would my mate be interested in a young dog,been dug 3 times.Well my mate jumped at the offer and sunday morning the lads arrived up with a couple of terriers of there own +young dog for my mate.1st place we went young dog was entered and after about 40 min was dug to with its quarry,dog was spot on,we then went on to dig all dogs that were out on the day,once again cheers buddy.PS young dog was gifted.

• Like 6

Would just like to say thank you to a chap of here on behalf of my diging partner.My mate had only the 1 dog and was lets say stuck.Last wk another mate of mine of thl phoned me up to say a friend of his was giving up the diging and would my mate be interested in a young dog,been dug 3 times.Well my mate jumped at the offer and sunday morning the lads arrived up with a couple of terriers of there own +young dog for my mate.1st place we went young dog was entered and after about 40 min was dug to with its quarry,dog was spot on,we then went on to dig all dogs that were out on the day,once again cheers buddy.PS young dog was gifted.

that's my point proper dog men

I wouldn't pay big money for a terrier, or any other dog, cause when somebody is selling a dog they are selling a problem, if they are giving it up their mates get first pick, no money is gonna buy u a world beating dog, cause they don't get sold! To many boys at it for money, it's wats ruining hunting, if it doesn't work or is and idiot why try and sell it?? Why not just rehome as a pet, I was gave a terrier, after paying hundreds for them, dogs I payed for couldnt lace this wee terriers boots! And I got him for nothing!! Buy or get given a pup from good working back round and take it from there, keep ur money in ur pockets......just how I see it

• Like 1